shape
carat
color
clarity

Post pregnancy ring size

shiny29

Rough_Rock
I am 3 months postpartum and though my rings fit now, they are very very snug. It appears that my fingers are a quarter to half size larger. I'm wondering if my ring size has irrevocably changed. I'm curious to hear from others if their fingers returned to pre-pregnancy size and if so, how long did it take? Or, did your ring size permanently change? I'm trying to determine at what point I should consider resizing my ering. Unfortunately, my wedding band is an eternity ring.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
This topic has been talked about alot in the past and the consensus is that some peoples fingers go back to their previous size and some don't. This is regardless of reaching your prepregnancy weight. I would wait a year before doing anything drastic like resizing, especially because you can actually get your rings on even though they are snug.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1st pregnancy: finger size didn't change and I was back in my rings in 2 weeks.

2nd pregnancy: finger size (and shoe size) permanently changed. Ring size went up two whole sizes.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Permanent alteration up 3/4 size.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
My fingers have recently gone back to pre-pregnancy size. My son will be ten in October :lol:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring size went down quarter to half-size once I got back to PP weight. I wouldn't do anything with the rings at 3 mos PP.

Sarahblue

Rough_Rock
It has been 16 months for me and they are still 1/2 size bigger and my shoe size is 1/2 size larger as well. I am within 4 lbs of my pre pregnancy weight so I am pretty sure it is permanent at this point but we have plans for another baby soon (hopefully) so I am waiting to resize.

shiny29

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the replies! I am 7 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight. I can't see 7 pounds making a huge difference, but who knows. I think I'll wait a few more months.

shiny29

Rough_Rock
Oh and Maise, that's crazy that 10 years later your ring size is back to "normal"!!!

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
I say give it some more time, a few more months, perhaps?? before you consider resizing or whatnot.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't do anything for at least 18mo post partum. My fingers are at least 1/2 size smaller now. It took me 18mo to lose my baby weight.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you are nursing, the different hormones can affect weight retention over and above any weight you have left!

My ring size is about 1 larger than it was pre-kids, though my weight is (almost) the same.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
No change here. My ring size stayed the same during and after pregnancy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results