shape
carat
color
clarity

Post-Idol-Finale ENNUI

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sure: Me man TAY TAY got the big confetti shower. And we''ve got tickets to the Idol Summer Tour ... but what''s a gal got to do in the meantime? Work? Clean House? Tivo So You Think You Can Dance?

There''s a hole in my puffy heart that only IDOL can fill. *Sigh*

Anyone else feel the hollowness? The denoument? The VOID?

I''ve been comforting myself a bit with post-IDOL gossip & interviews ... here''s
a link for those that aren''t paralyzed with grief

Thought this excerpt from a Rolling Stone interview with TAY TAY was particularly cute:

"Though he admits that he sometimes spent Tuesday night after the show at Burger King voting for himself, he also cast a few for his competitors. ''I''d vote on the performance as opposed to who I liked as an artist,'' he says. ''I voted for Elliot, for Chris a couple of times, for Katherine. It was funny because we''d be in the apartment or somewhere and I''m like, ''I''m voting for you, you know.'' And they''re like, ''What?''"

HEE HEE. Tay Tay himself = a vote-splitter!
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deco, did you check out the new book thread yet? Maybe you can find a good book or a few to tide you over until the concert, ha ha. Do they have any tell-all books from previous AI''s out yet?
2.gif

Tuesdays and Wednesdays certainly aren''t the same anymore, that''s for sure. I do miss the show, and am anxious to hear more from Taylor. He sure is great *swoon*!!!
30.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah....I feel like shutting off my cable for the summer!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really miss it too. This season was the best!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I miss it too but since there is no wireless where i''m staying on vacation I''ve been watching morning talk shows and he''s been on every day. i also watched the Ryan filling in for Larry King interview with Taylor, kat and randy. So, I do miss the weekly idol show I am seeing pleny of Tay Tay
30.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
You guys are hilarious.

Hey, is there another summer season of dancing with the stars??
3.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Last Comic Standing started up, along with so you think you can dance, and even though they aren''t even in the same LEAGUE as AI, it''s something "competitive" to watch. God I am such a reality tv junkie. I''m feeling the loss over the end of Amazing Race too. I bought 3 gossip mags the other day at the store -- *that''s* what I''ve turned into!
jen

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
That is so cute that Taylor voted for others!

There''s such an emptiness inside. I miss AI so much. I did turn to So You Think You Can Dance. It''s AI-like. Nigel is similar to Simon. It''s tolerable for now.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww.. Taylor is soooo cute!! I am feeling the void. So you think you can dance is not filling it. I am still watching for lack of anything better to watch... but they are just mean... sigh...

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I''m having post idol depression also! But, I''ve been keeping up with "their" appearances. Elliott''s appearance on Regis w/ Vince Vaughn as host was so CUTE! He sang GREAT. He''s soooooooo tiny!

Chris is going to be here in G''boro for a charity event. For $5.00, you can see him perform & supposedly meet him. The money goes to the Boys Home. I''ll have to get over there!

Also, my friend and I are formulating a "scavanger hunt" w/ an idol theme. It''s for her pre-teen daughters birthday. Winners get the idol CD.

So, I''m HOLDING ON as long as I can!

Yeah, been watching "So you can dance" and Last Comic Standing.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely.

I''m filling the void by watching the complete british Office series for the fourth time.

Gareth: "You know the phrase softly softly catchy monkey? …I could catch a monkey - if I was starving I could. I’d make poison darts out of the poison off deadly frogs. One milligram of that poison can kill a monkey. Or a man. Prick yourself, you’ll be dead within a day. Or longer. Different frogs, different times."

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Post-Idol Depression IN THE NEWS:

And, over in taking-reality-television-way-too-seriously-land, a Plattsburgh, New York man was arrested after hitting his mother with a sharp object attached to a bicycle chain during a heated Idol discussion on May 24, the night of Hicks'' triumph over Katharine McPhee.

According to the Plattsburgh Press-Republican, 24-year-old Cory Favreau was talking with his mother, Jan Chagnon, about the result and took issue with her comment that McPhee would likely have a successful career despite her second place finish.

In response, Favreau allegedly swung his makeshift weapon at Chagnon, cutting her head and sending her to a local hospital where she was treated and released. Alcohol was believed to be a factor in the altercation.

Though Chagnon told police she did not want to press charges against her son, Favreau was arrested and charged with felony second-degree assault and third-degree criminal possession of a weapon. As of Wednesday, he was still cooling his heels in jail for failing to come up with $5,000. He''s due in court June 5.

This should serve as a valuable reminder to the rest of the 30-plus million Idol devotees out there--in the end, it''s just a show.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I was shopping for music on the Apple Store last night, and Chris Daughtry was @ number 29 with "Dead or Alive"! Taylor was a ways behind....but I didn''t see anyone else from Ai on there!

I''m sad...but I have them TiVoed to I can watch them again if I desperately need a Taylor/Chris fix!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock

I think this is the order - but...debut billboard

Chris - dead or alive - top 50

Elliott - moody''s mood for love - top 100

Taylor''s - dancing in the street - top 100

Katherine - Think - top 100

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, we aren''t going to see the end of Chris. He also mentioned that he was going to do some guest spots w/ Live.

I couldn''t go to his concert because of a previous commitment that time overlapped - but the High School isn''t far from our house in Greensboro. Hubby was working outside in the yard and heard the concert. He said they sounded great but - was REALLY HARD Rock. And, that''s coming from someone who likes Rock. Perhaps getting the boot works better for him b/c if he got the idol contract he''d have to go more mainstream.

Also, great blog site Deco! A wealth of information for this idol starved fan.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Taylor''s featured in this week''s PEOPLE magazine ... hoping the Sweetie brings one home tonight!

In the meantime ... I found this snap online. (not the best, but ...)

taylorinpeople.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2006 12:47:20 PM
Author: wallermama
I''m filling the void by watching the complete british Office series for the fourth time.

HAHAHA. We''ve been knee deep in ALIAS: Season One. My Sweetie is a *huge* LOST fan & I keep telling him J.J.Abrams''s BEST show is ALIAS ... so now he wants to watch ALL FIVE (six??) SEASONS.

It''s really funny cause I zoned out on the series mid-Season 3 I think ... when a certain something became less believable ... so I''m not sure if I''ll be able to get all the way through to the SERIES FINALE without zoning out again.

I will say, the first season was fun to watch again. GREAT OUTFITS. A**-KICKIN'' CHICKS. Even some BLING!

It''s no IDOL though ..
39.gif
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco we were HUGE Alias fans but it started to get really stale at some point...last season sucked all the way around for me esp since you knew that Michael Vartan and Jennifer Garner weren''t even friendly anymore so it was kind of lame to watch them on the show being all hot and heavy. I loved the first 2 seasons when they were all angsty about being together and then when he married the evil blonde chick but the next season it just seemed to lose something.

So now I am watching cheesy movies on TV...last nite was Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. And we''re catching up with Smallville and Supernatural. But BORED other than that TV wise!!!
39.gif

Maybe we should catch up on 24, we only saw through season 2 and then somehow lost season 3, I think because it was conflicting with another Tivo show and so we had to cut something.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2006 3:28:47 PM
Author: Mara
Deco we were HUGE Alias fans but it started to get really stale at some point...last season sucked all the way around for me esp since you knew that Michael Vartan and Jennifer Garner weren''t even friendly anymore so it was kind of lame to watch them on the show being all hot and heavy.
LOL. "Not friendly" probably because her hubby Ben had him FIRED (for awhile at least)... didn''t want the "ex" around doin'' love scenes with the new wifey.

Yeah - can''t say too much ''cause the Sweetie might read this & I don''t want to ruin it for him -- but Season Three lost me BIG TIME. Maybe I''ll have more patience this time ''cause I really do wanna see how the tied this whole thing up ... & didn''t watch this final season so I could go back & view in order. (NERD ALERT)

We''ve done some movies too-- finally saw 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN ... pretty funny! He''s got KING KONG on deck & I''m all "NOOOOO!!!!"
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh you wanna talk about bad movies? Last nite we watched XXX: State of the Union. Gotta love Ice Cube filling in for Vin Diesel...total B movie all the way, Greg said he thinks he lost some brain cells watching it. Of course it didn''t stop him from being glued to the TV....it WAS an action movie after all.
2.gif
With great lines such as: ''It was the second best ride of my life'' as IC gazes soulfully into the love interest''s (who also owns and repairs expensive cars, every man''s dream) eyes. Oh yeah. We''re scrapin'' the bottom of the movie barrel now! Thanks HBO!

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
Movies? American Idol?

Oh yeah--those are the things that show up on the TV when it''s not playing Teletubby videos or Baby Einstein DVDs 24/7.

Sorry, the Capt is a bit out of touch these days.
20.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did anyone see Kellie Pickler as the Tonight Show with Jay Leno''s reporter on the Red Carpet of the MTV MOVIE AWARDS??

It''s actually pretty funny! Maybe this link will work.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
FYI - our local paper said Elliott will be singing the National Athem at tonights NBA game - 9:00 est.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, thanks for that Kellie Pickler link. Loved it.
9.gif
That''s pretty impressive that Sandra Bullock told her she has a future in comedy.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2006 1:16:35 PM
Author: lizz
Deco, thanks for that Kellie Pickler link. Loved it.
9.gif
That''s pretty impressive that Sandra Bullock told her she has a future in comedy.

ditto. I thought it was cute and she definitely can be funny...

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
That Pickler bit was HILARIOUS!!!!!

Okay, how many idol-watchers are going to check out the TONYS tonight??!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
****** TODAY IS TAY TAY DAY ********

The single "Do I Make You Proud" is released today (and currently in my computer
3.gif
along with Kelly Clarkson''s "Walk Away")

Tay Tay''s already at #33 on ITUNES.

HOOORAY TAY TAY ...

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Soooo. Finally got to the AMERICAN IDOL SUMMER TOUR last Sunday night at Nassau Coliseum. Thought I''d give you guys a little summary, in case anyone was still interested!

Tried to take some cell phone pix of Chris & Elliott & Tay Tay, but they didn''t turn out so well. I TRIED!

MANDIVA - only heard her ''cause we were a little late. Booming, is all I know, cause I could hear her in the LADIES ROOM for goddsake.

ACE - smooth like Cheez Whiz. And just as nourishing. Blech.

LISA - trying to go all Alicia Keys on us, playing the piano on one? two? of her songs. Meh.

LISA & PARIS duet on "Waterfalls", amateur dance routine & all
20.gif

PARIS - mostly just shrieking at the audience to "get up get up" and telling us how much she was gonna "rock this party". Not.

BUCKY - Less sucky than expected. A little awkward on stage though. Sounded okayish.

BUCKY & KELLIE duet on "You''re The One That I Want" from GREASE. Hilarious.

KELLIE - biggest suprise of the night. Back to her cute short haircut. Funny in the "talk to the audience" part. BELTED out her songs & really filled the huge auditorium with her voice. Actually, *GASP* the best of the night for me. She sounded SO MUCH BETTER in person than on the show. WOW.

-- intermission ---

CHRIS - something bad happened to the sound system while they were on break. Sadly this affected Chris''s performances the most, as they tried to fix it. Lyrics all fuzzy & spazzy & distorted. Of course, only intense mean "rocker" faces from Chris. No joy. And now that the sound was all fudged up ...
8.gif

CHRIS & ELLIOT duet on "Savin'' Me" by, um, Nickelback?? Still bad sound. They looked cute together though.

ELLIOTT - oh boy, whatever the long R&B number in the middle of his set is ... it''s a bad, bad mistake that lost the ENTIRE crowd. This is not an R&B-lovin'' audience. He brought ''em back with "Trouble" though I guess.

BOYS (Chris, Elliot, Bucky & Mace) sing "Patience" where Kat''s set should be. Mercifully she''s still "sick" -- if by "sick" means shooting ENTORAGE episodes, and posing for Teen People, and hanging out at the pool with your 42 year old boyfriend. What a sweetheart!

GIRLS (Mandisa & Paris & Lisa & Kellie) do the "I Feel Like a Woman" medely from one of the season closing shows. Okay. Nothing Special.

TAY TAY TAY TAY TAY TAY .... he enters the house at the rear & comes in singing "Jailhouse Rock" which is done by the time he hits the stage. Then he does a meh version of "Hollywood Nights" ... a good version of "Living for the City"... a JAW-DROPPING, DROOL-INDUCING, STUNNER of a version of the Beatles "Don''t Let Me Down", while playing a very sexy candy apple red bass. Then he admits he had "problems" with his coronation # "Do I Make You Proud" but dedicates it to the military overseas & sings the heck out of it.

TAY TAY Encore ... "Takin It To The Streets" I was OVERJOYED. Then we ran like hell & missed the other "group" encores to beat the sold-out-crowd traffic jam ... since we had a THREE HOUR drive home.

Even the "didn''t have a horse in the race this year" Sweetie said he enjoyed KELLIE & the GIRLS number & CHRIS & TAY TAY.

Anyone else have tickets?? Anyone else been yet??
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results