shape
carat
color
clarity

Political parties

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
It''s only 2 more sleeps until our federation election and it got me thinking. FI is the more conservative party voter, whereas I am not. I have never voted liberal but have voted labor, democrats and the greens in the past.

Do you and your S/O vote for the same party and if so does a difference in political beliefs cause friction in your household? We often have a difference of opinion but it''s never been so bad that we argue over it. Sometimes I hear people say "I would never go out with someone who votes this or that" but it doesn''t make a difference to me, unless they are right wing extremists.

This post is not intended to be a political debate, just seeing how you manage political differences.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
This is the first time that we have agreed in 7 years. Even when we didn''t agree we never fought, per say. We would semi heatedly discuss it, and then move on. Looking back though, he was right most of the time... I just hate when that happens!
3.gif
1.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My FI isn''t a regular voter but I am. I''m not always up to speed to the local elections (I know, I know, I should be...) but I try to follow the national elections closely. I''m having a hard time deciding who to vote for, and my FI says he doesn''t know enough about any of the candidates. I do know that we''re both democrats. I think we''re pretty much in agreement on most, if not all, issues.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
We are both of the same party, but he is FAR more "extreme" than I am. We sometimes lock horns on some issues, but not really. He has a particular candidate that he just adores, and I waiver between two other candidates. Basically, though, we agree on the core values and beliefs. It''s the secondary (and what is it called, thirdary???) issues, but that''s no big deal.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
We all agree in my family except my sister but everyone has a black sheep :razz:

Yeah we have to vote Saturday just hope my party wins :)

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes, we''re both of the same political philosophy. I am one of those who couldn''t be with someone who was of another party because in todays world, it''s not just "you''re this and I''m that" like it was when I was a kid. Today, one''s political affiliation has such a huge bearing on the goings on in people''s personal lives (for good or ill) so I feel it''s very important that my partner and I share the same basic philosophical beliefs in that respect. We dont always agree on the details, but in general, we agree.

Did that answer your question?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results