shape
carat
color
clarity

Online Reviews of PS Threads

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was a guy that came on here ages ago that said he was thinking of making money writing reviews of jewellery somehow using P/S comments, I think this guy is a different one. If he is directly using members words/posts without their permission that totally sucks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sparkle45

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I didn't feel weird about it until I saw him quoting AprilBaby in that post. Just wanted to make sure people were aware incase it's an issue for anyone.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From Pricescope's Policies:

"You will not copy and retransmit any information out of these forums without first getting the permission of the original author of the message. The only exception can be using the materials for solely educational purposes with appropriate acknowledgement."

His blog does not have any such limitations, however. :wink2: But I'll honor the spirit of the PS policy nonetheless.

In one of his threads in which the blogger dissects another PS thread, he notes that he chose that PS thread because it was one to which in which he could have made a contribution. Pity he didn't provide his information on the original PS thread, but instead decided to post it on a blog that - given the lack of feedback to his posts - it appears no one reads.

Unless of course he's a former PS poster who's been banned from this forum. :wink2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilMay, I'm pretty sure this guy has in fact been kicked off PS a couple of times... Christina brought it to the moderators' attention last time in RT I believe. He's wasn't a useful poster like CCL though, just popped in a couple of times to promote his blog. I wish CCL would appeal to return as I miss his insights.

Oh - yeah - it's definitely him, he quoted me without permission too. I'm unimpressed with his blog - there's nothing there that you can't find in more detail here on PS, his primary source, and there's an awful lot of awfully fuzzy math and statistics and poorly substantiated assertions :sick:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
CCL has been stalking this website under 30-40 different names attacking posters on PS that he doesn't like and making the moderators delete his accounts over and over again since he was banned. We keep catching him and reporting him.

I doubt he will ever be allowed back on and frankly I fully agree with that decision.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
The internet allows guys like this, for the first time in history, to feel like Big Dudes, with no feedback. I'll bet he has about 3 readers.

--- Laurie

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1386764400|3571870 said:
The internet allows guys like this, for the first time in history, to feel like Big Dudes, with no feedback. I'll bet he has about 3 readers.

--- Laurie
Ditto.

This thread will probably bring his blog the most traffic he has ever seen in his life!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1386742061|3571802 said:
CCL has been stalking this website under 30-40 different names attacking posters on PS that he doesn't like and making the moderators delete his accounts over and over again since he was banned. We keep catching him and reporting him.

I doubt he will ever be allowed back on and frankly I fully agree with that decision.

Really? I remember that he was curt to the point of aggressiveness but I don't recall personal attacks. etc. If that is the case then yes, that sort of personality doesn't contribute positively.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like nobody is even commenting on his reviews.

Interesting to note that he says he "worked at Diamond Forum," and lives in "Manhatten." Which diamond forum is that and why can't he spell his city correctly?

He also took pictures from the GOG website and says he used them with permission. Wonder if he actually got permission.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We'll that was weird! Why in the world did he name me????

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results