shape
carat
color
clarity

Oldest pair of shoes?

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
My boss asked me last week if I had on new shoes (Sperry topsiders) and I snorted and laughed and told him my mom bought them for me when I was a senior in college.....in 1985! And I actually have a pair of Dexter hiking boots I bought myself in high school I still wear once or twice a winter. They're 31 years old and still kickin'.
So, what's your oldest pair of shoes you still wear?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I think my riding boots are my oldest pair. They're tall boots. I've had them since 2000. They aren't as old as yours... but they ARE a decade old hehe. They look brand new too.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
I think I'm wearing mine right now, almost 7 years old. They're my combat boots :D

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I have a pair of Birkenstocks that i've had since middle school. (I'm 30)

soocool

Ideal_Rock
My Frye boots - over 30 years (had them resoled twice) They just don't wear out.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Only about 5 years old - I still wear my rainboots and a few pairs of Manolos I bought in college.

Eta- I actually have a pair of flip flops that I bought freshman year that I still occasionally wear, DH wants me to throw them out but I haven't found a pair I like as much that have lasted. They'll be 7 in March.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
soocool|1294403694|2816588 said:
My Frye boots - over 30 years (had them resoled twice) They just don't wear out.
DH just got me a pair of Frye's for Christmas! I've worn them everyday since. I'm so in love with them :love:

I just got rid of a pair of shoes that were 12 years old...it was hard, but I did it.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
dragonfly411|1294375156|2816444 said:
I think my riding boots are my oldest pair. They're tall boots. I've had them since 2000. They aren't as old as yours... but they ARE a decade old hehe. They look brand new too.

me too -- even though I don't ride anymore I still throw on my tough old paddock boots, circa 1993, when I need something sturdy and easy to clean. can't beat a good pair of riding boots. they are made to last forever.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine are also riding boots. I have two very elderly pairs of Ariat riding boots (one pair of tall boots and one pair of paddock boots). They're pretty close in age, but I'd have to say that the older of the two is probably the paddock boots, which I got in 1993. I've since bought several other pairs of riding boots which I do wear frequently, but I just can't seem to bring myself to part with my old ones. LOVE THEM!!! :love:

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a pair of dansko clogs that are still going strong 12 years later.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I recently got rid of my first pair of lacers. They were 16 yrs old. I've had them since I was 15. I loved them and hated to get rid of them, but the shaft was nearly gone. I love good leather boots and the people who will still resole them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results