shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh no I think I might have figured out what I am getting for X-mass!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock

Ok Yesterday I was shopping with a friend of mine when I took her to the jewelry store that I buy nearly all my goodies from. I am helping her look for an eternity band similar to Beverly K rings. That’s for another post later though.
Well the jeweler has become a close friend after years of my patronizing his store. He smiled at me and made the comment “I see you got your husband to buy the solitaire that you’re interested in”.
23.gif
When he noticed that I was dumfounded he got quite red and realized I didn’t know of my hubbies plans. Hubby and I have an agreement that rings and jewelry items exceeding $2,000. dollars will not be bought without my knowledge. this is due to some hideous
14.gif
things he thinks I would like or the simply I have tiny bone structure and bracelets, and rings have to be a custom job to fit.
Well do I let my hubby know of his surprise or do I act coy and dance around the Christmas tree when he does give the ring?

Specs on the ring
I colour
Vvs2 clarity
I do not have the angels and so forth post that later
However I do know it is not an Ideal cut diamond is considered very well cut
GIA graded
No flour
It is set in a 18k white gold tulip setting similar to the pic below (ring photo is not mine but a setting very similar to the one that will be mine)
Not sure if I will keep the setting as a Tulip mount, I love the Stuller Solstice setting in plat.
Forgive any typos, I am gushing in excitement!!~!!!!!

191561141_o.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Don''t say anything!!! Poor guy. I am sure he would be crushed if he thought you knew. You must have been good this year!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2008 9:22:24 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
It''s beautiful! Don''t say anything!!! Poor guy. I am sure he would be crushed if he thought you knew. You must have been good this year!
Ditto!!! It is beautiful! How sweet!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
NOOOO!!!!! Dont tell him! It would probably break his heart, the poor thing. YOU MUST act surprised!!!!! What a sweet hubby you have!!!
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t really support ''acting'' one way or another - truth is that you will be happy to receive that ring if it''s the one you''ve been lusting for at the jewelry store so just be yourself - that will be happy!
36.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock

I won’t say a word. This is a big surprise, after my e-ring was stolen a couple of years back I never really replaced it when I got my insurance check (thank heaven it been in savings all this time). I just switched between wearing one of the ones I had inherited from relatives (I will still wear those as right hand rings).

I am soo happy that I might not be able to sleep until Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t be able to sleep to! You deserve it and are required to take MASSIVE amount of photos!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Macie!!! Congratulations, girl! And I agree with everyone else . . . don''t say a thing to your hubby, and post pics the SECOND you unwrap it!!! Yes, you must have been a VERY good girl this year! Woo hoo!!!
santinana.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I think that my hubby knew it has been on the back of my mind to buy a new e-ring. I just didn’t know if it was the right time to buy (the economy going into the bowl). No big worries on that though my hubby has job security and we live off his pay check and put mine into savings. (or use it for luxuries every once in a while).
Here is a pic of my old set that was never recovered after being stolen.
39.gif

Picture%20038.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s such a nice surprise from him! Your old set was beutiful, I hope you enjoy your new one just as much.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results