shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh Dear! I guess this is one not to be tried!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
From the IDX ...

When a Diamond Marketing Campaign Sends your Customers to the Trash

(December 24, ''03, 14:55 Edahn Golam)

A Dutch jeweler found out the harsh reality of jaded consumers and paid the price after sending a promotional mailing to his customers to celebrate the 10th anniversary of his store.

Johan de Boer sent his 4,000 clients a mailing asking them “Are you the lucky one?” Inside most of the envelopes were a zirconium stone but two hundred of the envelopes contained a small diamond.

De Boer hoped to receive a strong response from this mailing and see people coming into the store to check if their stone was a diamond, and drum up some business. Imagine his surprise when he saw only a small trickle and a very limited response.

He decided on calling a few of his clients and discovered, much to his horror, that most had ignored the mailing without opening it, believing it to be a junk mailing.

The phone calls did do the trick as thousands started rummaging through their garbage. “I was very naive. People nowadays do not trust mailings like these anymore,” he told De Telegraaf newspaper in conclusion.

win

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
rofl that is what would have happened at my place.
snail mail Adds are routed to /dev/circular-file
internet adds are routed to /dev/null

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonds in the trash... nice story,
5.gif
Win! I surely hope those weren't big: otherwise the local paramedics would have had just as good response from those phone calls as the jeweler (e.g. : I had just sent you a 1ct diamond in junk mail; did you trash
eek.gif
it?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results