shape
carat
color
clarity

Obagi Skin Care... Anyone used it??

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My "little" sister (32) was raving about her new skin care regimine called Obagi. She says it has done wonders on her fine lines, melasmas, and other hormonal dark spots that developed during her pregnancies.

From a pharmaceutical standpoint, it's basically centered around two chemicals: hydroquinone and tretinoin (commonly known as Retin-A). It uses hydroquinone 4% (Rx strength) already mixed into a few of it's products -- and you don't need a prescription to purchase those. However, the tretinoin 0.05% cream that is mixed with one of their products requires a separate Rx to be filled at a pharmacy. They do carry their own line of tretinoin, but it may be less expensive to shop around locally for the best price. ;))

It's quite pricey, so I've been doing my research for a while now to try to decide if I want to try it (my husband says I'm OCD about it). :lol:

Has anyone (or does anyone) use this skin care line? I'd be very interested in hearing your experiences!

Thanks!! =)

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I do! I don't use the full line, but I use Obagi NuDerm #3. I have freckles that have gotten bigger and darker with age. they were bothering me, but after about 2-3 months use, they have faded significantly.

I almost stopped using it the first couple of days because it made my skin a little chapped and irritated, but this faded after about a week, and the results are pretty amazing...I can go barefaced without feeling like I have uneven skintone. Love it love it love it! Worth the money.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
I did, I used the whole line. After about 5 weeks went to get my eyebrows and lip waxed and my skin was like tissue paper and literally tore! I was a mess. I used to have pictures but I've deleted them.
It did fade my spots though!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaysonsmom|1392935658|3619606 said:
I do! I don't use the full line, but I use Obagi NuDerm #3. I have freckles that have gotten bigger and darker with age. they were bothering me, but after about 2-3 months use, they have faded significantly.

I almost stopped using it the first couple of days because it made my skin a little chapped and irritated, but this faded after about a week, and the results are pretty amazing...I can go barefaced without feeling like I have uneven skintone. Love it love it love it! Worth the money.

Thank you for commenting! I am excited about the idea of being bare faced too! I don't have freckles, but I do have a couple of little melasmas from the sun. I also have every uneven skin tone. My sister uses Nu-Derm #1, #2, #5 (mixed with tretinoin), and Hydrate. She loves it and wants to buy another product or two!

I'm thinking of buying #1,#2, #4, #5 (to mix with tretinoin), and Hydrate. :))

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Obagi has different product lines. I have tried two: Obagi Nu Derm and Obagi CRx. I didn't care for Obagi Nu Derm. I felt that for the hefty price tag, it delivered minimal (if any) results. I have gone through two rounds of Obagi CRx (taking a break in between uses) and I love it. The C stands for vitamin C and it really makes my skin smooth, soft, and it glows like crazy. I have actually had people comment on how lovely my skin is.
I try to take breaks in between products that contain hydroquinone. I use a hydroquinone system (like Obagi) until the product is gone and then I switch to a system without hydroquinone (like NIA, which lightens pigmentation by utilizing niacin as opposed to hydroquinone).

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried it... But couldn't last... My skin was too sensitive. I do use their eye cream it's amazing. On my face I use Skinceuticals.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^Skinceuticals is wonderful too. I usually alternate between those two, major product lines (Obagi and Skinceuticals). I'm almost at the end of another cycle of Obagi CRx and I'm not sure what I'm going to use next. I believe that one of the original founders of Obagi has his own product line now that I think I might try.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results