shape
carat
color
clarity

name my new puppy...

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So.... as I mentioned in my other thread "Any idea what breed???", we adopted a puppy yesterday.

Now we need a name.

FI's favorites are Ella and Bessie (I don't care for either for her)
My current favorite is Amelia but it feels too long and I'm not fond of Amy as a NM. (I sort of remember a training book I read a long time ago saying something like shorter names are better because you can use the name + one-word-command and get a better response.... but it's been awhile and I don't remember the details)

Any ideas?
She's about 10 weeks old, unknown breed (lab mix we think), full of energy, loves to cuddle, loves to explore

puppy%20with%20toys.jpg
new%20puppy%20with%20vacuum_0.jpg
new%20puppy_0.jpg

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
since you like the name Amelia how about Millie for short?

As a kid I had 2 female dogs, one was Dutchess and the other Samantha (sam for short)

GL..she's beautiful

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
I like Millie.....she's a cutie! Good thing I don't have time for a dog right now in my career or else I might steal her.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know why, but she looks like a Sadie to me. Millie is cute, too. And speaking of cute, look at that widdle face, awwwwww!!

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
doodle said:
I don't know why, but she looks like a Sadie to me. Millie is cute, too. And speaking of cute, look at that widdle face, awwwwww!!

Funny you should mention Sadie....
My aunt (the one with the neighbor who sent us the puppy) had a dog who looked very much like this (but HUGE -- like 75+ pounds) named Sadie.

Millie is cute. I sent an e-mail to FI suggesting it as a possibility.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo... tell your FI not to name her Bessie... all I can think of is a cow.

Millie is cute. Or Lilly maybe?

Some other ideas:
Emma
Maddie (or Addie)
Mia

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callisto said:
Ooo... tell your FI not to name her Bessie... all I can think of is a cow.

Millie is cute. Or Lilly maybe?

Some other ideas:
Emma
Maddie (or Addie)
Mia

Me too! -- I said not Bessie :))

I love the name Lilly.... so we've got a cat already named Lilly :love:

Maddie is cute.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
My personal favorite dog name is

Doogie Schnauzer

I don't know if that's a girly enough name though.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Millie is cute!

you know she looks a bit like a daschund to me?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love Millie, such a cute name..

Here are some other's

Mya

Maddie

Riley

Bailey

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
davi_el_mejor said:
My personal favorite dog name is

Doogie Schnauzer

I don't know if that's a girly enough name though.

You must have watched the TV show!

I used to love that. Don't remember much of it, but I remember really liking it.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh said:

Here are some other's

Mya

Maddie

Riley

Bailey

I like Bailey too :))

Hmmmm... so many cute names.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Abby
Kenna (the short for McKenna)
Gracy

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
TooPatient said:
Kaleigh said:

Here are some other's

Mya

Maddie

Riley

Bailey

I like Bailey too :))

Hmmmm... so many cute names.

My next dog will be Bailey, not rushing it though...

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So we picked a name!

I sent a list to FI (didn't tell him my favorite, but he picked that one too!).......

Amelia ---- Millie for short

He said "She looks like a Millie :)) "

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
edited: didn't see your last post!
congratulations-- Millie is an adorable name and your pup is soooo cute!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
She's beautiful! The name that immediately came to mind when I saw the title of the thread was Millie. :appl:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Blackpaw said:
Millie is cute!

That's what I thought too....maybe a name like "knockwurst" ?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Millie is such a little beauty! Oh, is she adorable! She looks like a black lab/dachsund mix to me. What a precious little girl. I just want to nuzzle her little belly!

She looks a lot like my mom's dog Killian looked when she was a puppy. Now Killian looks like a 95 lb black bear! :cheeky: She's the sweetest thing in the world though, a true gentle giant.

WARNING FOR ANYONE PLANNING TO NAME A DOG BAILEY: You will meet MULTIPLE dogs named Bailey when you are out and about. At the dog beach, when you call for Bailey, at least three pups will respond. Every single time. AND, it is now a very popular name for little girls. Yes, I said it.

Our dog is named Bailee. We didn't name her, though, the shelter did, and we didn't want to change it because she knew it already. My best friend already had a dog named Bailey, and the two Bais play together quite a lot. But seriously, it is RIDICULOUS how many Bailey pups there are running around!

Anyway, sorry for the threadjack. Just a PSA!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Haven said:
Millie is such a little beauty! Oh, is she adorable! She looks like a black lab/dachsund mix to me. What a precious little girl. I just want to nuzzle her little belly!

She looks a lot like my mom's dog Killian looked when she was a puppy. Now Killian looks like a 95 lb black bear! :cheeky: She's the sweetest thing in the world though, a true gentle giant.

WARNING FOR ANYONE PLANNING TO NAME A DOG BAILEY: You will meet MULTIPLE dogs named Bailey when you are out and about. At the dog beach, when you call for Bailey, at least three pups will respond. Every single time. AND, it is now a very popular name for little girls. Yes, I said it.

Our dog is named Bailee. We didn't name her, though, the shelter did, and we didn't want to change it because she knew it already. My best friend already had a dog named Bailey, and the two Bais play together quite a lot. But seriously, it is RIDICULOUS how many Bailey pups there are running around!

Anyway, sorry for the threadjack. Just a PSA!

I have to agree that Bailey is very popular right now. She's absolutely beautiful and I am so very glad you came to her rescue. I know you just met her but is there anything special or some funny quirks about her that could be morphed into a name? We had a pomeranian who was so tiny when we got her she was in the shirt pocket of the guy who worked at the pet store. (Probably from a puppy mills but she was the most amazingly sweet dog and very healthy). Anyway, she was so tiny we named her Tidbit. I'll keep trying to think of suggestions and good luck picking out the perfect name! Congrats on the new furry family addition!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
she's a sweet heart!

Millie i like.....but it almost seems to be short for Mildred.....which i don't like.

MoZo

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
She looks like a Poppy to me! So cute!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
My beloved kitty was named Amelia. I called her Mil Mil for short :cheeky:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
stepcutgirl said:
She looks like a Poppy to me! So cute!
Oh my gosh, Poppy is such a cute name it makes me want to get another puppy just so I can use it!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
She looks like a Lucy to me :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
jaysonsmom said:
Blackpaw said:
Millie is cute!

That's what I thought too....maybe a name like "knockwurst" ?
Hehe - how about Bassa :) Okay, so you don't have to tell anyone it's short for Kielbasa lol You can tell them she's named after the Bossa Nova lol

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
What about Molly?

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Millie went to the vet yesterday and got a couple of her first shots, the de-wormer (since she DEFINITELY has worms), and Frontline (since she's got fleas). We also got Frontline for our other two cats and dog. Since the worms are dying (and we should here back about the remaining parasite tests today) and the vet says it is safe, I think we're going to start introducing everyone today :))

Here are a couple of pictures of Millie outside a little bit ago. She's mostly potty trained and loves to play with her rope :love:

Millie%20outside.jpg

Millie%20with%20rope%20outside.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient - Millie is soooooo cute! I'm so glad you have her.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results