shape
carat
color
clarity

Meet Lego...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
This is Lego.

She''s 11 weeks old and is a ''Cinnacot'' (I thought I was getting a Chocolate but seems FI''s brother decided to keep her.)

Cinnacot is a mix of Apricot and Cinnamon - she''s a strawberry blonde basically. She is also HUGE - about a third as big again as Sticklebrick.

She was also never played with as a baby and so huffs and jumps and pops and rarely puts her prickles down. She also bit me very hard and I have a rather bruised and swollen finger. Poor little thing, I think she''s just very frightened. She looks like she will be a real cuddler when she settles down. After about a hour on my knee last night she was seeming a bit calmer.

She was never given a wheel either which is pretty cruel as they need exercise. I let her have a run round Sticklebrick''s cage when he was out and it was so cute watching her discover the wheel and learn how to run on it.

She hates him though! He on the other hand is besotted. He started making the weirdest little high pitched squeaky noises to her and trying to cuddle up with her and touch noses. I''m not sure his intentions were entirely honourable though! She was having none of it anyway, and just put all her prickles up and made coffee percolator noises at him.

Here are a few pics of the new baby...

lego1.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
MG
30.gif
MG
30.gif
MG!!!!!

I hope Miss Lynn checks in soon and sees these! Pandora, she is precious!!! That is too funny about Mr Sticklebricks seeing this lovely lady and wanting to get better aquainted.....
31.gif

Sorry about your finger, but I bet once she settles she will be a doll!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I'm not worried about being bitten - I had enough toes broken by horses as a child to realise animals can hurt!

I think when she settles she'll be lovely.

The photos have come out quite dark as she's much more like the first one in colouring - very pinky/apricoty in colour.

I can't wait to get home and play with her tonight!

Did I mention I bought them a new cage?

It looked a bit smaller in the pics than it was when I built it - it's nearly as tall as me, and I'm 5ft 10"!

FI was a bit horrified - and asked if I had Planning Permission for our new extension
31.gif
. (He also thinks it will be great for keeping our future children in
20.gif

tommycage.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So cute!!

What do her prickles feel like? Are they truly hard or are they like stiff hairs bunched together?

And I bet she and Sticklebrick will be getting along famously in no time, even if his intentions aren''t entirely honorable!
31.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
They are very hard and VERY sharp - like little porcupines.

They can puncture your skin if you''re not careful. When they''re down you can stroke them easily though and pick them up by the scruff of their necks.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe...I think you will need to contact the council for sure with that structure!!! They will have brilliant fun in that superduper hedgepig palace!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2007 11:58:04 AM
Author: Lorelei
Hehehe...I think you will need to contact the council for sure with that structure!!! They will have brilliant fun in that superduper hedgepig palace!
Problem is - I am the Council - and what is worse I''m vice-Chair of Planning!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
oooooooh she is soooo precious
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
3.gif

And wow, that cage is huge... I think my ferret''s cage is smaller... LOL
2.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2007 12:11:02 PM
Author: poshpepper
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
3.gif

2.gif
I adore ferrets - pictures please!

I think this is actually a ferret/chinchilla cage...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/20/2007 12:02:41 PM
Author: Pandora II

Date: 8/20/2007 11:58:04 AM
Author: Lorelei
Problem is - I am the Council - and what is worse I''m vice-Chair of Planning!

fan.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwww, Lego is adorable!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I can''t figure out which I like more, the adorable pictures or the fantastic stories! Hehehe, too cute...

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif

Awwww, look at the prickly yet disturbingly cuddly cuteness!

What a pretty girl you have there
30.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Pandora well you live and you learn. I had know idea that you could have a hedgehog as a pet!!!!. My hubby is from Devon and when i told him he said "Don''t be ridiculous!".
He has been here for 35 years so he clearly out of the loop on hedgehogs as pets
2.gif
Lego is utterly adorable please share photos of her boyfriend Sticklebrick

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OHMYGOSH, OHMYGOSH, OHMYGOSH!!! She is toooooooooooo CUTE, Pandora!!! I just can''t get enough of her!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
And I can just see Mr. S "checking her out"!!!! haha!

You describe them so perfectly - I can really imagine what you tell us about them! Thank you!

Can we have pictures of the two of them side-by-side, please?! She does seem so much bigger than he is. Isn''t that unusual, since she''s younger?! Or are they a little bit different "breeds" or "types"?

That is too bad that she wasn''t properly socialized...
38.gif
shame on the breeder. What a difference it must make? Well, we know she will get lots and lots of TLC now, so I am sure she will just blossom! And pleeeeeeze, keep us posted every step of the way!!!

I am soooo enchanted by these little darlings! THANK YOU for sharing!!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
OMG, Pandora, I thought Mr. Sticklebrick''s was cute, but she is just a little doll!

I''m sure they''ll learn to get along...I love their new "Hedgehog Haven" you got them...did your zoning permit come through for that yet???
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, I must have one! Sooo cute, and I hope Sticklebricks and Lego (what an adorable name!) end up being the best of friends. My DH would never understand if I brought one of those little cuties home but maybe when we have some kiddies, lol!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Sooooo adorable!!! I''d love to see the two of them together too but if that''s not possible due to Mr. Sticklebrick''s less than honourable intentions I guess we''ll understand!
9.gif

How is your FI doing with the new one? Is she also super hypo-allergenic?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Yes, FI is fine with both of them. Sticklebrick is his and Lego is mine so there are lots of arguments about which is cuter. However, mine is bigger
31.gif
!

I''ll try and get some photos together but might not be easy! Lego will likely just be a big ball of prickles...

Sticklebrick appears to have undergone a personality change since she arrived. Normally in the evening I''ll turn the lights down and let him run around the living room (we have wooden floors so accidents aren''t a problem.) He has always just gone and sat under the sofa and played with bits of dust or pens or whatever he finds under there, or gone to sleep on the bottom of the curtains.

Since Lego arrived he is totally hyper and just runs around like crazy - it''s great fun watching him. Because they have quite big bodies and very thin legs (which are actually quite long) they waddle from side to side. He looks so funny beetling along. He''s also much easier to pick up and much more vocal. The boy is in love
30.gif
I think!

She''s a bit calmer - I gave her a pink bobble hat to sleep in, it''s that nice supersoft acrylic so can go in the machine. She loves it and just sleeps in it on my knee - it also means I can get her used to being moved about and picked up in it which should make her less frightened. Also means that she has a big woolly ''chastity'' shelter when Sticklebrick is about.

Normally he only likes sitting on FI - he sits inside his shirt and goes to sleep on his shoulder. FI looks like he has been up to no good with some lady with long nails - great big scratch marks where Sticklebrick hauls himself up! Since Lego arrived he wants to sit on my knee next to her. FI is not amused!
38.gif

Here''s a photo of her trying to eat my hair!

lego 7.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
And another 'ball' one... this shows her real colour better.

lego6.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pandora, I so enjoy reading your descriptions of the hedgies'' doings, thanks for the updates!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2007 12:14:48 PM
Author: Pandora II

Date: 8/20/2007 12:11:02 PM
Author: poshpepper
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
3.gif

2.gif
I adore ferrets - pictures please!

I think this is actually a ferret/chinchilla cage...
9.gif
I will post some up soon, we are in the process of moving so IDK how long it will take me to get to the computer that has all the pics... but I will get some up
2.gif

And I must say that I never tire of seeing your cuties... and hearing of their interaction and behaviour! They are just too cute for words!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results