shape
carat
color
clarity

Man gets directmail addressed to "daughter died in accident"

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't even know where to start with how disturbing and sad this is! I get the whole "data mining" privacy garbage these companies, google for example, do and the resale value that comes with that. But...what in the hell does this information need to be saved with someone's profile for, and resold no less, and what kind of idiot mail house wouldn't have confirmed that such a field wasn't omitted before it went to press? This makes me wonder if someone else on this same list with an equally sad or unfortunate "title" will come out next with their mailpiece.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-officemax-mail-20140119,0,6457094.story#axzz2qxEEaZ9H

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Man gets directmail addressed to "daughter died in accid

Wow, that is really sad and maddening. What new low will people go to to sell stuff. I can't believe that lists can be purchased with that kind of personal information.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

The man that received that piece of mail is the cousin of one of my friends. It's awful. She first posted about it on FB, then took it to the local news. I'm glad it's making national headlines now. Hopefully he will be compensated for the pain and suffering it has caused him and his family.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lil Misfit|1390331919|3597832 said:
The man that received that piece of mail is the cousin of one of my friends. It's awful. She first posted about it on FB, then took it to the local news. I'm glad it's making national headlines now. Hopefully he will be compensated for the pain and suffering it has caused him and his family.
It's shameful. I hope it does them a little damage, yknow? I hate that these data mining things exist. But I mean, Google is the biggest of them all. I was SO MAD when the Nest acquisition was done, because now Google is going to have even MORE personal data from people. It's gross.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

That's stunning. There's nothing about us that isn't stored somewhere & available to heaven-knows-whom. It's frightening. As someone wrote, the American Revolution would never get off the ground today; the Brits would just round everybody up & shoot 'em. With helicopters & drones & infrared cameras, you can't even sneak around on foot if you need to. Perfect setup for a totalitarian gov't on a scale Orwell never dreamed of.

--- Laurie

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock

This is so awful. Its every parents nightmare to have a child die. And this family went through it. To see it on a piece of junk mail? And all he is asking for is an apology from the CEO from what I understand. I read in an article today that when he first called the company they basically called him a liar and were really nasty to him. And when he texted a picture of the envelope they accused him of faking the picture. I don't blame him for going to the media. I am outraged for him. Its just so creepy and awful. The article also said that his wife does not leave the house anymore or drive anymore because of her deep grieving and fear since losing her daughter.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

It is awful. However, I was glad to read that the man who received the letter had no plans to sue/pursue a law suit.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is disgusting - truly disgusting. My heart just breaks for him and his family to have their tragedy turned into a mailing label. Sometimes there just aren't enough words. . .

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

asscherisme|1390333925|3597846 said:
This is so awful. Its every parents nightmare to have a child die. And this family went through it. To see it on a piece of junk mail? And all he is asking for is an apology from the CEO from what I understand. I read in an article today that when he first called the company they basically called him a liar and were really nasty to him. And when he texted a picture of the envelope they accused him of faking the picture. I don't blame him for going to the media. I am outraged for him. Its just so creepy and awful. The article also said that his wife does not leave the house anymore or drive anymore because of her deep grieving and fear since losing her daughter.

Ditto.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results