shape
carat
color
clarity

Mailing my ring out so nervous

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will be sending my ring out for consult/appraisal for a possible purchase this week and I am a nervous wreck about it. Scared something will happen to it.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I can certainly understand why you're nervous about it.
I'll cross my fingers that it all goes well for you!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I know the feeling very well (I guess many of us probably feel that way, right?). But I get very nervous about mailing my gems/jewelry - anything valued over $1000 makes me extremely antsy. I'm waiting on some rings to arrive right now, I just had two spinels set that are over that $1000 mark - they should hopefully arrive tomorrow - but I'll be super nervous until they arrive!

Just make sure that you package your rings very carefully, get insurance, ship with a fast method (I try to always do overnight shipping on anything expensive), and require a signature for delivery. That will limit your chance of mishaps, and overnight shipping means less time in transit for someone to screw up, plus less worry time for you!!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I meant to add - my friend and jeweler once told me a story of a ring lost during shipping (the owner was mailing the ring in to my jeweler). The owner of the ring just popped the ring into an envelope with no extra protection at all. When my jeweler received the envelope, there was a small hole in one corner where the ring had worked its way out...my friend only received the empty envelope. No insurance on it either. That was just plain dumb IMO, but stories like that are why, when I ship anything, I have multiple layers of protection to keep the item safe and to keep the package whole.

For example, I will put a gem in a gem case, bubble wrap the case, place that inside a zip lock bag, place the zip lock bag inside a small envelope/bubble mailer, then place THAT inside a larger bubble mailer. Then I tape all around the edges of the bubble mailer, as well as extra tape around the opening.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is your ring insured? I would only be nervous if it is not insured, and in that case, I would get insurance!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I have it ensured.
It arrived safe and sound, I was on pins and needles.
Hopefully it will be sold, but if not, no biggy, I'll just keep it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results