shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost jewelry...found jewelry. Has it happened to you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
My daughter took a trip and returned missing one of her diamond earrings.
8.gif
She was very very upset to say the least. She had searched every inch of the suitcase and the hotel room floor and no luck! As upsetting as it was, we told her that it happens and there''s really nothing else to do but accept it and forget about it. Months and months later, my husband and I returned home from a trip to Vegas. I unpacked the bags later that night and there on the floor near the bed I saw a little "sparkle". There was the missing earring!
appl.gif
It must have fallen out of the bag when I unpacked. Don''t know in what little corner it was or how she had missed it - but there it was! Happy ending ....this time! Anyone else find long lost missing pieces of jewelry??? Great feeling...huh??!!

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
I was given a beautiful approx 0.20ct RB set in a heart-shape bezel for my 21st birthday from my mum and grandma. 2 years ago, just before my wedding, I bought a simple WG necklace for fun from a local B&M and took off the diamond pendant. I didnt think about the pendant till a few months later and then I panicked when I couldnt find it. I looked through all the places that I normally keep my jewelry and came to the conclusion that my mum's sister could have taken it from the house when she came to visit my grandma one day, she's dishonest and estranged from my mum for many reasons.
In Dec last year, when I was moving from that place to my new house, I was digging through some of my other stuff and found the pendant! I do not feel guilty that I put the blame on my mum's sister but I am mighty glad that I found it again after it was missing for almost 2 years!
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
When my daughter was 2, she "lost" my engagement ring. We searched everwhere but no luck. After three weeks, I pulled the last tissue out of the Kleenex box and wha-la...there it was in the bottom of the box! Our 2 year old must have gone to get a tissue and the ring fell off in the box.

BooRadley

Rough_Rock
My heart is still broken for losing my mother's diamond watch in 1974. i was young (18) and stupid, and wore it TO THE BEACH (i know, what a moron) took it off to swim, and when i came back it was gone.

cry.gif

Boo Radley

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Happened to me about 2 months ago. I always take off my jewelry before turning in for the night, but on this particular evening, I fell asleep on the sofa.

Rich woke me up at 12:30 and I stumbled up and rolled into bed without taking any of it off.

Next morning, I realized in the shower that my earrings were in. When I was towelling dry, noticed one was missing. We searched all over the bathroom floor to no avail. I really thought it went down the drain.

Went to work bummed out. When I came home that evening, I went into the bedroom to get my robe. Checked the bed again on a gut instinct...there was my earring WITH THE BACKING ON! Evidently, it had bothered me during my sleep, and I took it out without realizing it. Whew!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
That actually happens to me with my watch. I get irritate having something on my wrist, and then start to play with it. I was out at lunch yesterday with a girlfriend and as we chat, I look down, and there's my watch on my lap, and I didn't even know how it got there!!
6.gif

I have lost so much jewelery, but the things that meant the most never came back. Two things that actually ended up being taken. my mother's honker of a ruby college ring which she saved up for months and months to buy herself, and my movado watch my mom bought me for HS graduation...
cry.gif

Luckily, my lovely fiance bought me a new watch to replace the stolen one (I left it in my unlocked office which was near a busy entrance, as I always take watches off when typing...), and now my mom is none the wiser. Awfully evil, aren't I?
15.gif

My 14K gold initial ring from the 80's is long gone, and I can't say i searched for that too much...
11.gif
9.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I had a pair of channel set drop earrings. While packing for a trip, one fell, and even tho I searched high and low, I didn't find it. After a year or 2 of having just the one earring sitting in my jewelery box, I traded it in and got a different set. Should have known... some time later, the original one finally showed up in the seam of the luggage. I still just have one...... maybe it's time to recycle it into something new.

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 4/23/2004 9:31:23 PM lop wrote:

I had a pair of channel set drop earrings. While packing for a trip, one fell, and even tho I searched high and low, I didn't find it. After a year or 2 of having just the one earring sitting in my jewelery box, I traded it in and got a different set. Should have known... some time later, the original one finally showed up in the seam of the luggage. I still just have one...... maybe it's time to recycle it into something new.

----------------

Hummm...one lone earring left...sounds like a perfect excuse for a nice pendent necklace..!
2.gif

sharonzhere

Rough_Rock
Oh yes!

I have a blue star sapphire ring that I inherited and loved and wore every day. Well, by mistake I left it on the dresser, and one day, it was gone. We concluded that one of my cats had knocked it off the dresser to play with it.

I tore the apartment apart and could never find it. I just assumed it got swallowed or vacuumed up, never to be seen again.

Well, 3 years later, one day the ring shows up on the floor in the middle of the hallway. Just like that.

I was grateful, but I've learned my lesson with leaving rings laying around with cats in the house!

Now, it's a ring with a story.
1.gif

Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results