shape
carat
color
clarity

lol: Bottle of Wine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Subject:

rec''d this from my mother-in-law in australia!
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Bottle of Wine

For all of us who are married, were married, wish you were married, wish you weren''t married, or glad you never married, this is something to smile about the next time you open a bottle of wine:

Sally was driving home from one of her business trips in Northern Arizona when she saw an elderly Navajo woman walking on the side of the road. As the trip was a long and quiet one, she stopped the car and asked the Navajo woman if she would like a ride. With a silent nod of thanks, the woman got into the car. Resuming the journey, Sally tried in vain to make a bit of small talk with the Navajo woman. The old woman just sat silently, looking intently at everything she saw, studying every little detail, until she noticed a brown bag on the seat next to Sally.

"What in bag?" asked the old woman.

Sally looked down at the brown bag and said, "It''s a bottle of wine. I got it for my husband."

The Navajo woman was silent for another moment or two. Then speaking with the quiet wisdom of an elder, she said,"Good trade."

\\\\\\\\\\

while i do think it is lol funny, it does point out once again the fact that what we say may not be heard by the other in the way we meant it. ''it''s a bottle of wine. i bought it to give to my husband'' would, i think, have been more accurate [but certainly not nearly as humorous for a joke!]

movie zombie

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
First of all, love that joke!! Second, having a spouse whose first language is not English makes you acutely aware of how each person thinks they are saying one thing, but it comes across as another.
2.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
That is hysterical!! I love it! And it''s so true, we don''t always hear things as they are meant. Thanks for the laugh!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, even after 4 years of French language study in high school and a year in college, I STILL had trouble with prepositions, and this is such a great illustration that I can relate to! (Oh and obviously I still have trouble not ending sentences properly, lol!) Thanks for the funny!
36.gif
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results