shape
carat
color
clarity

Lint-free paper towels?

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Does such a thing exist? With my new bathroom being all white/chrome/mirrored finishes I'm finding that as I clean with my regular Bounty paper towels that there is a lot of lint and/or streaks left behind.

Can anyone recommend a paper towel (or other alternative cleaning towel) that will not leave lint or streaks? I have some microfiber cloths but they don't seem to help.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit, I have found Bounty to be the best. iI just called a friend of mine that considers herself the paper towel queen and she also said Bounty. Sorry, I'm no help at all.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the microfiber towels (not paper towels), you could try those.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
mochiko42|1431562327|3876328 said:
I like the microfiber towels (not paper towels), you could try those.

Do you have a brand name?

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1431561744|3876319 said:
Lil Misfit, I have found Bounty to be the best. iI just called a friend of mine that considers herself the paper towel queen and she also said Bounty. Sorry, I'm no help at all.

Thanks Callie...but yea, Bounty is leaving all kinds of lint all over everything. They're great for cleaning up spills, but I really need something to clean/polish glass/mirrored surfaces.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Kim on How Clean is Your House? used to tell people to use coffee filters and I've had really good luck with them, especially on mirrors.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
texaskj|1431566254|3876370 said:
Kim on How Clean is Your House? used to tell people to use coffee filters and I've had really good luck with them, especially on mirrors.

Oh, interesting...will definitely try that. Thanks texaskj!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit, we get our microfiber towels from Costco and they are great for cleaning and not leaving streaks or lint. We clean almost every surface in the house with them and they work great. We use the plush towels I have linked here in the second link but the first link contains the ones designated for house cleaning so including them both here for you to check out.

http://www2.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11627344&search=microfiber+towels&Mo=2&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BD_823&Sp=S&N=5000046&whse=BD_823&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BD_823&Ne=4000000&D=microfiber+towels&Ntt=microfiber+towels&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=bdoff&s=1

http://www2.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11895642&whse=BD_823&topnav=bdoff

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Viva. Learned this when learning to paint and wax furniture. Can use Viva to apply wax because it leaves behind no lint. :)

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I've read about Viva. Will have to check them out. And thanks for the links to those microfiber cloths, missy. Those look better than the ones I've currently got.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We buy the microfiber towels at costco too. They are usually where they have automotive stuff. I fold them and keep a bunch under my kitchen sink to use everywhere downstairs. If they get too grungy looking or stained, I get rid of them and buy a new pack. They are fairly inexpensive. We do use paper towels for soaking up some spill but I pretty much use the microfiber towels for everything else. Just make sure you don't put fabric softener in the rinse when you wash them.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've also tried newspaper for cleaning mirrors/windows, and it works pretty well. I think my grandmother had recommended it a while back!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When someone finds lint free kleenex and toilet paper, PLEASE post that too, LOL! I buy my Kleenex at Costco and OMG, you pull out a tissue and a lint bomb of actual PIECES blows out! :wall:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
rainydaze|1431686875|3877010 said:
e-cloth!

They make all kinds of cleaning cloths, not just microfiber. Here's a link to Amazon showing a bunch of their offerings. I use the 'glass and polishing cloth' on my mirrors and windows - no lint or streaks. You just use it with water, too, which is nice for eco and health benefits.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=ecloth&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=1467829167&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6906398995744710083&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_2a4v7gbouq_e

Oooh....I like those! Will order some! Thanks!!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1431691379|3877026 said:
rainydaze|1431686875|3877010 said:
e-cloth!

They make all kinds of cleaning cloths, not just microfiber. Here's a link to Amazon showing a bunch of their offerings. I use the 'glass and polishing cloth' on my mirrors and windows - no lint or streaks. You just use it with water, too, which is nice for eco and health benefits.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=ecloth&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=1467829167&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6906398995744710083&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_2a4v7gbouq_e

Oooh....I like those! Will order some! Thanks!!!

Sure thing! Hope they work out well for you, got to keep that gorgeous bath sparkling away!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
purplesparklies|1431601696|3876558 said:
Viva. Learned this when learning to paint and wax furniture. Can use Viva to apply wax because it leaves behind no lint. :)

Bought some Viva today and cleaned the mirror. It left behind lint that I had to remove with a microfiber cloth. :evil:

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh. That stinks. Weird. A professional chalk painter/waxer recommended them to me and I have used them on several projects with no problems. I can't imagine why our results are so different. Hmmm...

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
purplesparklies|1431737859|3877296 said:
Ugh. That stinks. Weird. A professional chalk painter/waxer recommended them to me and I have used them on several projects with no problems. I can't imagine why our results are so different. Hmmm...

Eh, it's ok. I had to give it a try. I ordered some of those e-cloths that rainydaze mentioned. They should be here tomorrow, so I'll keep ya posted on how they work! I like that you just use water and don't need chemicals!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Newspapers.

Not only free, but lint-free.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
momhappy|1431695476|3877045 said:
http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/lint+free+towels+150+count.do
=)

I LOVE Griots! We use a ton of their stuff. Practically everything but the car wash, and the leather conditioner...OMG! I use it all over the house and get compliments on how my furniture feels and smells. These lint free towels are amazing. I completely forgot about them until you linked them. DH uses them to detail the cars. I've never even thought to use them in the house.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
My e-cloths came the other day and I have to say I'm extremely excited to clean the house this weekend! LOL I never thought I'd be so excited to be doing housework on a holiday weekend, but I really am! I'll be sure to report back.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
azstonie|1431620207|3876704 said:
When someone finds lint free kleenex and toilet paper, PLEASE post that too, LOL! I buy my Kleenex at Costco and OMG, you pull out a tissue and a lint bomb of actual PIECES blows out! :wall:

No advice on the Kleenex, but Scott toilet paper is practically lint free. The regular stuff not the extra soft. I've used it for years and recently decided to give Northern a try because I thought it'd be more comfortable (tmi?). It IS, but OMG, dust and lint everywhere! I'm going back to Scott!

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
We avoid paper products and use cloths for cleaning. Microfiber or preferably cotton or linen with no nap. Good for drying crystal too. There is also a type of rag that construction folks use that is non-fuzzy and disposable---can't think of the name but you would probably find it at Home Depot.
One thing to remember---make sure you do NOT use Bounce type fabric softener sheets in the dryer. They make the cloths non-absorbent and smeary, which is maddening. As maddening as restaurants that use polyester napkins---arghhhh.
We keep a separate basket for kitchen napkins, dish towels and cleaning rags and they are dried without fabric softener.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Callie...but yea, Bounty is leaving all kinds of lint all over everything. They're great for cleaning up spills, but I really need something to clean/polish glass/mirrored surfaces.

When i was in the army we used to clean windows and mirrors with newspapers and meths

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results