shape
carat
color
clarity

Karl's 9/11 Thread

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know Karl's 9/11 thread is special to many Pricescopers. I have said that it is to me. Sky posted a lovely picture of some firemen and I almost went to look for one to add of some firemen going up stairs as others came down. Then I went back and reread the thread from the beginning and felt that there was no need to add anything.

That thread is simple and uncluttered and heartfelt. It gives me comfort on the anniversary of 9/11/01 every year. I just wanted to have a place to discuss it without making a hash out of that beautiful thread!

Thank you, Karl!

Deb :wavey:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Your welcome.
It is an honor to do my small part to keep the memory alive and honor those fallen on the day I will never forget.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1410537349|3749745 said:
I know Karl's 9/11 thread is special to many Pricescopers. I have said that it is to me. Sky posted a lovely picture of some firemen and I almost went to look for one to add of some firemen going up stairs as others came down. Then I went back and reread the thread from the beginning and felt that there was no need to add anything.

That thread is simple and uncluttered and heartfelt. It gives me comfort on the anniversary of 9/11/01 every year. I just wanted to have a place to discuss it without making a hash out of that beautiful thread!

Thank you, Karl!

Deb :wavey:

I could not agree with you more Deb. Thank you again Karl.

The only bright spot I remember the weeks following the attack was the kindness people showed one another. I live in the Midwest where people are generally nice to begin with but the weeks after it, everything seemed to change for a few weeks. Politicians were not bashing each other. They actually seemed to work together. Their criticisms were fewer and not nearly as harsh. People in stores, restaurants, business were just so much kinder to each other. I don't remember seeing road rage on the expressway I traveled everyday. It seemed that many of things that divide this country didn't seem nearly as important in the weeks that followed. It was nice to see people trying to be understanding of one another. It was really nice for the few weeks it lasted.

Sorry for the threadjack Deb.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Don't forget the survivors, either. That day was horrific. I wasn't even in NYC, but I was in shock. My office watched on TV, Interent, and listened to NPR's coverage. I avoid watching replays of the scene, but this year I noticed that it finally didn't disturb me quite as much.
http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/sept11/2003/n_9189/

I know someone who was in the Empire State Building when the bomber hit it in 1945. Elevators and stairways were damaged. She followed someone out of the building via a little-known freight elevator and then outside to the street. Pieces of flaming debris, glass, and plane were raining down and strewn everywhere on the sidewalks and streets. She has flashbacks if she watches the WTC scenes.
http://history1900s.about.com/od/1940s/a/empirecrash.htm
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/plane-crashes-into-empire-state-building

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results