shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry cleaners for the post Sharper Image era?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I know a lot of people here had/have the Sharper Image ultrasonic cleaner. Now that SI is gone, what should I get? What makes one cleaner better than another anyway? I''m looking to spend around $50, any recommendations? Thanks all!
35.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I have the Brookstone, I think it was about $100. I've seen what my ring looks like after being cleaned with a jet steam machine. The US is not worth it IMO.

My mom got this stuff at a Bridal Show and it works really well. You can get 2 kits for $25. It has a tarnish cream that you don't have to use, but makes a HUGE difference, or you can just stick your ring in the solution for about 5 minutes I think. Comes out gorgeous!

http://www.cleanmyring.com/

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2009 12:08:30 PM
Author:sunnyd
I know a lot of people here had/have the Sharper Image ultrasonic cleaner. Now that SI is gone, what should I get? What makes one cleaner better than another anyway? I''m looking to spend around $50, any recommendations? Thanks all!
35.gif
s/s tank made in the U.S.A.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 1:04:15 PM
Author: meresal
I have the Brookstone, I think it was about $100. I''ve seen what my ring looks like after being cleaned with a jet steam machine. The US is not worth it IMO.

My mom got this stuff at a Bridal Show and it works really well. You can get 2 kits for $25. It has a tarnish cream that you don''t have to use, but makes a HUGE difference, or you can just stick your ring in the solution for about 5 minutes I think. Comes out gorgeous!

I''ve seen that cleaning solution too, and it''s awesome...but my "underbelly" still looks gross afterward. That''s why I''m looking for an ultrasonic. I can''t reach under the stone with any kind of brush (too much metal in the way) so I think the only way to get in there is with vibration. Maybe not though?
33.gif

Thanks, DF, I''ll look for that too.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 1:34:26 PM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 6/19/2009 1:04:15 PM
Author: meresal
I have the Brookstone, I think it was about $100. I''ve seen what my ring looks like after being cleaned with a jet steam machine. The US is not worth it IMO.

My mom got this stuff at a Bridal Show and it works really well. You can get 2 kits for $25. It has a tarnish cream that you don''t have to use, but makes a HUGE difference, or you can just stick your ring in the solution for about 5 minutes I think. Comes out gorgeous!

I''ve seen that cleaning solution too, and it''s awesome...but my ''underbelly'' still looks gross afterward. That''s why I''m looking for an ultrasonic. I can''t reach under the stone with any kind of brush (too much metal in the way) so I think the only way to get in there is with vibration. Maybe not though?
33.gif

Thanks, DF, I''ll look for that too.
I got that jewelry cleaner set at a gem show, and it''s great. I love that it''s safe for my "softer" stones too, not just diamonds.

I would also like to hear about a good ultrasonic. Right now I just use the cleanser & my Jewel Jet, but I think that I would like an Ultrasonic cleaner as well.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Are there no other thoughts? There used to be a billion threads on this, but they''re all about the SI cleaner.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I have this one. Only used it a few times, but it seems to do the trick. And the price was great.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2009 6:34:02 PM
Author: sunnyd
Are there no other thoughts? There used to be a billion threads on this, but they''re all about the SI cleaner.
a 1 QT size Crest or GemOro.
2.gif
i''ve been saying this for years now....stop wasting your money on them Chinese made junk !!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results