shape
carat
color
clarity

Is LinkedIn turning into Facebook?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep seeing more and more vacation photos, pictures of babies and wedding shots. Has anyone else noticed this? Does it mean I'm a terrible person that I'm annoyed by this? I mean, this is a *professional* site... right? If I wanted to connect with these people on a personal level I'd friend them on FB (which means that I would have to actually HAVE a FB account... and that ain't gonna happen).

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And what's this crazy search results post (see above) that shows up after every initial post in a topic now...?

ETA: The search results post is now gone, but it was there a second ago when I typed this -- I swear!

ETA2: And now it's back...???

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1430339793|3869809 said:
And what's this crazy search results post (see above) that shows up after every initial post in a topic now...?

ETA: The search results post is now gone, but it was there a second ago when I typed this -- I swear!

ETA2: And now it's back...???

It's there. It's on every thread.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I noticed this new search results post started this afternoon and was just wondering why it started appearing in threads as well.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the posts are taking the place of the "Related Topics" list that used to appear under the Eye Candy pic.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I guess that I don't know much about Linkedin - except that it's mainly for professional networking, etc. I must have signed up for an account at some point because I get requests to add people frequently and I decline and move on with life. You are certainly not a terrible person for thinking that it's weird that some people are using it for personal reasons (vs professional ones).

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I'm fairly active on LinkedIn and haven't noticed much personal use. I didn't really "get" it at first, but now that I'm job hunting I've found it to be a great tool.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1430345197|3869847 said:
I think the posts are taking the place of the "Related Topics" list that used to appear under the Eye Candy pic.
I noticed this yesterday and found it jarring as it interrupts the flow of my reading/scrolling down the thread. ;(

DH is on LI but it doesn't seem to do anything, i.e. waste of time since it seems to be a place to brag about one's accomplishments more than anything else.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results