shape
carat
color
clarity

If money were no object, what would the stats be on e-ring?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm talking about THE ring that you can wear daily, and satisfy your every need and desire, and make you feel that you would never need to upgrade.

I know that is hard for some who are fickle, and like lots of alternate bling....but here is mine:

OEC or MRB 2.5ct Anything bigger feels too dressy for my lifestyle
Cut: exellent/ideal
Color: E/F (Current ring is an 'H' and I'm color sensitive, prefer colorless range)
Clarity: VS1 (I don't believe in paying more for something I can't see)

I feel that if I can get the above, I'd never upgrade ever.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Re: If money were no object, what would the stats be on e-ri

The biggest cleanest untreated Paraiba tourm I could find! With glow forever & I wouldn't be able to think about sides or haloes or setting because I'd be so dazzled. Even though I wouldn't dare wear it every day! :cheeky: :love:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

I just did a check, and looks like I'd have to shell out 50-60K for my ideal e-ring centerstone.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

J'smom
everything sounds good to me, but please make mine a 3ct... :wink2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jaysonsmom|1375895292|3498313 said:
I just did a check, and looks like I'd have to shell out 50-60K for my ideal e-ring centerstone.
If I hit the $400 mil power ball tonight I'll buy you the stone.. ;))

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

Dancing Fire|1375895568|3498318 said:

Wishing you THE BEST OF LUCK on the powerball tonight! I'll hold you to your promise! :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jaysonsmom|1375895697|3498321 said:

Wishing you THE BEST OF LUCK on the powerball tonight! I'll hold you to your promise! :appl:
Don't worry I will... :praise:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

I actually am really happy with mine. I don't think it would be sensible for me to have a stone that is much larger. I am fairly active, and I'm outside a lot. Combining my .71 with the two .19 side stones ended up being perfect for me. Now if I could just get him to get it out and ask me so I can wear it!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

$47,330, Cushion, 4.00, J VS1

This. In a Single Stone solitaire. With a dainty SS French cut eternity.

So... $65k should do the trick? DF, could you cover that if your ticket hits big tonight? :)

imageuploadedbytapatalk1375899644.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock

I already have my dream ring with my dream specs.......but if I had to pick something else I would love a 4 or 5ct EC with big fat windmills and clipped corners in the k/j or Q/R range. oh be still my heart!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rosebloom said:

So... $65k should do the trick? DF, could you cover that if your ticket hits big tonight? :)

I'm not DF but if I win the powerball tonight I'll get this for you Rosebloom!
As for me I'm happy with my ER as is but I would get an amazing pair of antique drop solitaire earrings. Out of my budget as of now but oh watch out if I win tonight!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

Rosebloom|1375899756|3498364 said:

I'm in love with this stone as well, I think we both posted about this stone on another thread ....definitely would get this for a RHR, and perhaps even haloed, but for my e-ring, I want smaller, higher color, because it's something I would wear 24/7, so needs to be more compacted simple, to match any outfit, even workout clothes.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

missy said:
Rosebloom said:

I'm not DF but if I win the powerball tonight I'll get this for you Rosebloom!
As for me I'm happy with my ER as is but I would get an amazing pair of antique drop solitaire earrings. Out of my budget as of now but oh watch out if I win tonight!

Aw that's so kind! I'll let you borrow it whenever you'd like. :)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

SB621 said:
I already have my dream ring with my dream specs.......but if I had to pick something else I would love a 4 or 5ct EC with big fat windmills and clipped corners in the k/j or Q/R range. oh be still my heart!

I'll have one of those for a RHR too!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A 3.6ct I/J VS1 MRB center like mom2boys'... in exactly the RDG RHR setting I have now, re-worked to hold a giant diamond.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Four carat Fancy Red flawless Octavia in a Steven Kretchmer tension setting.
I'm not sure winning the powerball lottery could pay for it. :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1375901802|3498397 said:

It would have to exist to be paid for!!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

jaysonsmom|1375895697|3498321 said:

DF, can I get a fancy yellow OMB about 5 carats?

Thanks. You're a doll. Smooches.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fancy vivid step cut untreated coloured diamond....not sure which one....heck, any above 3 ct will do!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1375902140|3498399 said:
kenny|1375901802|3498397 said:

It would have to exist to be paid for!!

True dat!!!
To my knowledge there are no 4 ct Fancy Red diamonds.
None.

Opps, I was wrong...
EDIT: From Wiki: "The Moussaieff Red Diamond (formerly known as the Red Shield Diamond) is a diamond measuring 5.11 carats (1.022 g) with a triangular brilliant cut (sometimes called a trillion or a trilliant cut), rated in color as Fancy Red by the Gemological Institute of America. It is the world's largest known red diamond."

Cutting a 5 ct trillion down to an Octavia would probably result in a 2 ct stone.
Imagine millions of dollars converted to worthless dust on the polishing wheel. ;(

I heard someone in the Middle East has a standing offer for a pure red above some size, maybe it's 2 ct.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Just picked up my lotto tickets. RB if I win that cushion is yours!!!!

much love,
your fellow toddler mommy who is exhausted

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

7.5 to 8mm OEC with a steep crown, small table, but a slightly more transitional cut look to it... Hard to explain, but if know it if I saw it! J to L colour, eye clean. Set in original art Deco setting which would sit low, be protective of the diamond but not bezel it. Maybe some small side stones because I'm not a solitaire fan, but nothing large. Engraved or filigree setting.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock

As far as a round goes I like what I have.

But I would love a huge chunky cushion, maybe an AVC because I am so particular about optics, that was about 10 - 11mm. I would love a Fancy Vivid colored one! Or perhaps a Brown with pinkish undertones. Set in a halo with blazing white diamonds. YUM.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Rhea|1375910849|3498483 said:
7.5 to 8mm OEC with a steep crown, small table, but a slightly more transitional cut look to it... Hard to explain, but if know it if I saw it! J to L colour, eye clean. Set in original art Deco setting which would sit low, be protective of the diamond but not bezel it. Maybe some small side stones because I'm not a solitaire fan, but nothing large. Engraved or filigree setting.

Hmmm... this sounds familar :sun:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dreamer_D|1375911848|3498505 said:
Rhea|1375910849|3498483 said:

Hmmm... this sounds familar :sun:

Yours? It's lovely, but I'd wager it's much more you than me. I'm just not a fan of solitaires. I was thinking more a cross between these two settings. Disregard the diamond shown in the setting. I'd want something chunkier than that.

img_6127-m.jpg

img_1225-s.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

SB621 said:

much love,

Oh you are the sweetest ever!

Today was definitely "one of those days." Pulled out if important work meeting to come home because my son was having an epic meltdown and wouldn't stop. Later my son and I were doing arts and crafts. I left for two minutes to get the little one up from his nap. I came back and the older one had spread paint all over the floor, wall, a gorgeous antique side board. Then I took us on a long walk to burn off some steam and visit a park a little further away than our normal spots. We got there, played for 15 minutes, and a freak flash thunderstorm hit. I was soaked to the bone by the time we got back. So... I've told hubby to buy a ticket on the way home cause momma needs a new diamond ring!!! :)

So if I win, I'll treat both of us to a long weekend at a spa. Without the children.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGSOOO. 1.5 ct. Colorless. VVS2 or higher.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh and it would be a RB

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock

I am going to say that it money were no object, I would want a 5 carat Fancy Intense Blue emerald cut diamond set in a simple platinum solitaire setting with split claw prongs. I am a gold person, but in order to show off this stone, I would set it in platinum.

It would be my dream ring!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Rosebloom|1375915836|3498556 said:
SB621 said:

much love,

Oh you are the sweetest ever!

Today was definitely "one of those days." Pulled out if important work meeting to come home because my son was having an epic meltdown and wouldn't stop. Later my son and I were doing arts and crafts. I left for two minutes to get the little one up from his nap. I came back and the older one had spread paint all over the floor, wall, a gorgeous antique side board. Then I took us on a long walk to burn off some steam and visit a park a little further away than our normal spots. We got there, played for 15 minutes, and a freak flash thunderstorm hit. I was soaked to the bone by the time we got back. So... I've told hubby to buy a ticket on the way home cause momma needs a new diamond ring!!! :)

So if I win, I'll treat both of us to a long weekend at a spa. Without the children.
You are toooooo good to me! Hot stone massage for 1 please!

Your day sounds like mine. Potty training #2 was a epic EPIC failure. And now they are both having melt downs left and right (both of them) and i have no idea over what.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results