shape
carat
color
clarity

i pod speakers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
does anyone have a good suggestion for a pair of speakers to plug an ipod into? I''m thinking more of a convenient, portable size for traveling, not a big, high quality in home unit.

Thanks

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I have the ihome and I L-O-V-E it!!! It''s main use is as an alarm clock, however, it charges your ipod, and it doubles as a nice dock to watch your videos/tv shows. And you can hook up your diskman to it too, and it''s portable and can play at loud volumes:)

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
I have the JBL soundstage to listen to my ipod at work and I love it. It got some bad reviews at amazon.com, but mine has worked perfectly. The Bose speaker is good too (I have friend with one), but its bigger and not as portable as the JBL and a lot more $$.

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
My sister has the Altec Lansing inMotion iM9 Portable and it sounds great and is very light weight and it comes with a little backpack to carry it in. I have the Altec Lansing inMotion iM7 which also sounds great and it comes with a remote but it is larger. I would recommend going to the Apple store or any other store that sells speakers for the iPod and actually listen to them, that really helped with my decision.

Hope this helps!
1.gif

Both of the speakers that I mentioned above also charge your iPod. (I think they all do)
37.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2006 1:33:22 PM
Author: Snooper
I have the ihome and I L-O-V-E it!!! It's main use is as an alarm clock, however, it charges your ipod, and it doubles as a nice dock to watch your videos/tv shows. And you can hook up your diskman to it too, and it's portable and can play at loud volumes:)

Snooper - I tried to use my iHome as an alarm clock - and it gave me a freaking heart attack every morning!!!! The freagin thing doesn't allow you to set the wakeup volume of the alarm, and it automatically increases to the TOP volume within 5 seconds!!! Talk about waking up! I gave up after searching internet forums about it - it's a design flaw that I HOPE HOPE HOPE is fixed on the newer ones...

Otherwise, it works great, the sound is wonderful for the size and price. But DON'T try and use it as an alarm clock..
14.gif

ETA: lulu - some friends of mine have the little donut speaker... I forget what it's called. anyway, it's quite nice soundwise and small.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
My boy''s bday is coming up and I was thinking about getting him some speakers for his ipod mini. He always used to say ''what''s the point?'' but after looking at them he wants one now. I haven''t had time to really look yet, but I will very soon. He doesn''t care about portability, it''s just so he can listen to his ipod mini w/o the ear buds. I like the idea of getting one that charges the battery at the same time...so the ihome is good except for the alarm clock? And the jbl is good too huh? Hmm I''ll have to do some more searching. =)

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Flopkins, lol I know what you mean about the alarm clock (the setting where you can wake up to the ipod) being VERY abrupt. I wish it would gradually wake you up over, say, 15 seconds, not w/in 5. I usually leave mine on classical at night so it''s more subtle:)

IrishAngel, I too went to the apple store to try them out. Although that was tough since there were tons of people in the store. I wanted the bose but didn''t want to fork over $ that could have been spent on something ''sparkly''
31.gif
So the ihome is under $100, and it does charge the ipod which I like.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Snooper~
I'm from a Chicago suburb and our apple store is always overrun with people because it's in the middle of the mall, which is also heavily populated most of the time. ;-) After my post I did a little search on the apple website, and I actually might check out Best Buy to see what they have. I like to check out customer reviews but I haven't found one product (in any category) that got all positive or all negative reviews, so I don't know. We definitely need something to charge the battery though...his mini is about 2 years old I think and doesn't hold the charge very well. I'll check it out and see what I end up with, and then I'll decide which to get for my U2 ipod, which my sweetie went through hell to get for me because he's the best guy in the world!
1.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome IrishAngel!! I love the look of the U2ipod by the way!! They have a new one out with their signatures I believe
31.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
IrishAngel - I have no qualms about recommending the ihome, as long as you''re not planning to use it as an alarm clock. It''s quite nice, I use it now to charge my ipod, I always forget to plug it into my laptop.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Yup they all have the signatures..I love the black and red. Of course, looking at the apple store online the U2 photo editions are back in stock for like $100 cheaper...but my guy got me the original (black and gray lcd) b/c it''s the only new one he could find on ebay. I love it anyway! Diehard U2 fan here so it''s perfect. I''m still researching the speakers...I''m thinking one with a remote would be cool since he''ll probably put it on his chest in his bedroom. Hmm...

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Flopkins...we were typing at the same time. =) It''s not for me, it''s for my bf/ff. =) I don''t think he''ll use it as an alarm clock, he has a cd clock radio for that, although he might. I''m not sure. But you guys have said the alarm clock is quite obnoxious, hence the reason I''ll have to get to Best Buy and the Apple store to check em out in person. (And scope em out for me of course!)
2.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
definitely check them out in person. the ihome has a pretty nifty remote, actually. very small and compact.

DH and I were so obsessed w/the whole alarm thing, last time we went to the apple store we tested the alarm there on the model to see if it still does the same thing - at the time, it did. I think it only does it when you set the thing to wake to the ipod. Although to be honest it is hard to tell the volume in the store, usually it''s so loud and there''s so much other noise... but in your bed, in the morning, coming out of deep sleep -
14.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
OH I KNOW every time I go in there, either downtown or at the mall, it''s so loud with people playing with the computers, ipods, speakers, sales people, etc. I personally need an obnoxious alarm to wake me up because I am not a morning person but the alarm clock I used in college was too obnoxious. So I believe you. I''ll try to check it out next week...I''m busy through this weekend, but I need it by the 13th! Thanks so much for your advice, I''m checking them out online right now!
1.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like the ihome is the way to go, without spending mucho dinero. We''ll see what happens when I do my in-store searches. Thanks for your input and thank you to lovelylulu for starting this thread and jogging my memory!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results