shape
carat
color
clarity

I finally got a summer clerkship!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
So after months of agonizing and searching for a summer associate job I finally found one!
9.gif
The problem is I missed all the fall recruitment at the law school I transferred to after the hurricane so, I was at a significant disadvantage. In addition, I wanted a job in Charlotte, NC area to be close my family and my fiance which made things more difficult.

Anyway, I'm going to be representing children (juveniles) in many types of court proceedings...but I'm thinking mainly and probably misdemeanors with attorney supervision of course. I'm actually going to be practice certified which means I get to try cases with supervision and I'm really looking forward to that. I also got summer funding so I'm suuuuuppperrr excited!
9.gif
(I highly doubt I would have received funding for working in the DA's office) Ok just had to share my excitement
3.gif
I'm so relieved to know where I'll be this summer instead of worrying every single day.
10.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Princess V! That is awsome!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
V, that if FANTASTIC!!!

I am so happy for you! Yay!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

What a great way to spend a summer...doing something good and getting hands on experience. That is just wonderful!

Woooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations V
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
You will do a great job, that''s awesome!!!
9.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Princess V!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Matatora, littlelysser, kaleigh and sevens one!

I''m so glad that I finally have all this job search stress over and now I can concentrate on getting ready for exams
14.gif
Can''t wait for the summer though!! The fiance says I might be able to get some nice little diamond studs this summer soooo excited!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That''s wonderful news PrincessV!!! And those studs will be a nice bonus for you.

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
That''s great!!!

If you know any jobs in CT/NY, let me know LOL
2.gif
I''ve been so busy planning my wedding that my legal job search has been neglected
40.gif

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
That''s great news Princess.
36.gif
I did something similar from the prosecution side for credit my third year and it was a valuable experience, so you should learn a lot. Plus, you get paid! [$$)] Congratulations!!! And good luck on your exams.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Princess V. That is great news.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

shay

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks sundial, rascal, GemKlctr, rainbowtrout, Virginia and Shay!!

Rascal: Can''t really help you out in the CT/NY area unfortunately
14.gif
are you in law school still? Just being nosy
1.gif
I can''t wait to be done!

GemKlctr: I think that this will be a great experience I''m just a little bit nervous about trying cases, I have to admit!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!
36.gif
That sounds great!
9.gif
I''m looking for a summer job in my field of study too, and it''s not easy!
14.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats. Princess V, that''s wonderful.

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/7/2006 6:25:44 PM
Author: Princess V
Thanks sundial, rascal, GemKlctr, rainbowtrout, Virginia and Shay!!

14.gif
1.gif

GemKlctr: I think that this will be a great experience I''m just a little bit nervous about trying cases, I have to admit!
You''ll do fine. These kinds of cases are relatively easy to prepare compared to the mental gyrations you have to deal with in law school. Just listen to your oversight attorneys, use common sense in your analysis (i.e., don''t get so caught up in the brilliance of your legal insight regarding the constitutional implications of the mispelling on the warrant that you overlook the fact that the old lady witness with coke bottle glasses can''t see 3 feet in front of her, much less your client across the street), and be yourself. You have an engaging personality, and that can give you "presence" in a courtroom. That goes a long way if you have the substance to back it up.

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2006 6:25:44 PM
Author: Princess V

14.gif
1.gif
I have one more year
14.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks anchor, moon river and mrssalvo!

GemKlctr: Thank you so much for the vote of confidence..I am really looking forward to the summer and I hope that this will help me in trying to get a firm job when I graduate..I''m a little worried that most firms won''t give me a second glance because I did not spend either summer working for a firm.
14.gif

Rascal: there seem to be a ton of attorneys-to-be or attorneys in general on this board..pretty cool! I have one more year too
14.gif
and I''m already trying to plan my schedule for next year..I''m just worried about the bar now
20.gif
Where do you go to law school at?

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! I would love to get a clerkship like that. In fact, one of my professors is trying to convince me to be a guardian at litem this summer. Good luck!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations princess! I know it''s a little late, but that is fantastic news

ps: i noticed it said you transferred after the hurricane -- were you going to school down in NOLA? I just graduated from law school in new orleans last spring...

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
There''s nothing like making the world a better place! Hopefully, you can help one kid. Congratulations!!!
36.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Oh eppp dear me...I never did see the other responses to my thread..how rude of me!

XChick: You should! In the state of SC, you don''t need to be an attorney (like in VA) to be a GAL. All you have to do is take a class, I believe.

lovelylulu: Yes, I went to school for one week in NOLA! My plan was to stay there and settle in that city (and actually be able to live with my fiance
20.gif
) but then all hell broke loose. Where did you go? Tulane or Loyola? I was going to Loyola. I think I recall from your other posts that you are now in the DC area?

lmurden: I sure hope so..I''m really looking forward to this summer!
1.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, PV!!!!!
36.gif

The great thing about the PS community is that can move all over the place and still stay in touch with us!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results