shape
carat
color
clarity

How to fight the urge!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tulipcloud

Shiny_Rock
As if I don''t have enough time to be browsing this site anymore with my wedding less than 3 months away, I think I found a diamond I want to get!
9.gif
The only problem is that, I don''t have to money to splurge on it now!
8.gif
It''s a beautiful round H&A that would make a beautiful pendant that I have been eyeing. I can already imagine it....bezel setting.......argh...this darn site! It''s a great deal...and I hate to pass up good deals....but I hardly think that it will still be around in 3 months. It will be difficult to try sell the idea to FI, since he just passed on getting the golf clubs he''s been wanting in order to save for the wedding. And it would be soooo horrible of me to get it behind his back!!
11.gif
ARGH!!!
7.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Only you can say for sure (as you know your FI best) whether it''ll be okay to buy the setting behind his back, but if he finds out, you''re setting up what he will believe is a pattern for his marriage. When we bought our new wedding set, I originally went shopping with my sister to get ideas without DH. We found THE setting for a price that every jeweler says they could''ve never beaten...

My sister kept saying, "Just buy it, he''ll never know!" But I had promised him I wouldn''t buy anything. I called him on his cell phone and discussed the matter...because I called him and respected his input, he was disappointed that he wasn''t there to partake in the purchase, but wasn''t ticked off with me. When I got home, I was able to show him my purchase proudly without feeling ashamed that I snuck it in the house.

I guess I''m saying with your setting, "If it''s meant to be, then it''s meant to be." You want to start out your marriage based on honesty and trust, not sneaking around. What if he bought something and didn''t tell you knowing that you were saving up for the wedding and his "trinket" took money away from that??

Good luck on your wedding! What an exciting time for you!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results