kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 months?!?

We change ours at least twice a week.

I've been trying to get "A" to learn to take care of her own stuff so I haven't been reminding her to put on fresh (except if it has gotten to be a month and then I'll remind her). She's got two complete sets to rotate through (both super nice) so it shouldn't be too hard -- all she has to do is take them off and stuff them in her hamper. (we haven't gotten to her actually running the washing machine yet)

We use the nice water resistant mattress pads that also keep dust/fur out of the mattresses. Those only come off for washing once a month unless there is some reason to do so earlier.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1377276971|3508705 said:
3 months?!?

We change ours at least twice a week.

As a 17-year old freshman in my college dorm, I have no recollection of changing my sheets...ever. My mom mailed me a new set for Christmas, so I'd say they stayed there from August to December and then December to May. That obviously sounds gross to me now, but back then it seriously didn't occur to me.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
On the weekends - all the beds get their sheets washed.

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Every Sunday. Everything on the beds - sheets, comforters, pillowcases - gets washed. The pets are always very put out at having the bedroom doors closed during the time it takes to wash, dry and put everything back on the beds. But they're the main reason everything gets washed constantly anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I usually do it every weekend. In the dead heat of summer I might change them midweek because our room gets to be a sweatbox. I bought some bamboo sheets this year though and that's helped a lot.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
rubyshoes|1377281570|3508746 said:
Every Sunday. Everything on the beds - sheets, comforters, pillowcases - gets washed. The pets are always very put out at having the bedroom doors closed during the time it takes to wash, dry and put everything back on the beds. But they're the main reason everything gets washed constantly anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:
Me too! :wavey:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of the year it's weekly.
In the summer it's twice a week since we don't have AC. :knockout:

We've gotten into the habit of showering at bedtime.
That keeps the sheets nicer longer.

Sometimes I change the pillowcase between sheet-changes.

We also launder our pillows weekly and the mattress pad monthly.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the weekends. If I had the energy I would do it every day. I love the smell and feel of getting into bed with nice fresh sheets.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1377287628|3508792 said:
If I had the energy I would do it every day. I love the smell and feel of getting into bed with nice fresh sheets.

+1000!!!

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Once a week or more in the summer. It's one of my many housework jobs.

Only think I hate is now it is harder to find 100% cotton percale sheets for sale in stores, they're almost all sateen now. I love the crispy feel of freshly laundered percale sheets. My husband calls sateen "toenail catchers." I did get lucky this month and found a set of beautiful floral percale sheets at Ross Dress For Less. I keep going back hoping more will come in.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1377289715|3508805 said:
If I had the energy I would do it every day. I love the smell and feel of getting into bed with nice fresh sheets.

+1000!!!
+1001...not only does it take a lot of physical energy, it takes a lot of water and electricity. We have a king size and just the sheets and pillow cases are one large load. I just do the sheets/cases once a week and wash the quilt and cotton knit blanket and shams once a month to every six weeks. We usually only use the blanket and sheets, and everything else gets stacked on the side of the bed until I make it again the next morning, so none of that stuff really gets dirty. No pets allowed in the bed, so fur isn't a big issue (although of course some of it migrates in anyway.).

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1377291181|3508819 said:
No pets allowed in the bed

MAJOR issue with my SO.
I say NO DOGS IN THE BED!!!
He has no problem blurting out he loves his girls more than he loves me. :o :knockout:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the weekends. If I had the energy I would do it every day. I love the smell and feel of getting into bed with nice fresh sheets.

HI:

Yes to this, weekly. I'd love to have daily linen changes with ironing but only in my dreams....(and previously discussed, in the mangle thread....). :bigsmile:

I do cotton blankets and duvet covers, E O week.

cheers--Sharon

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dust mites creep me out so everything goes in the allergiene cycle weekly!

_9267.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends on what's been going on between those sheets. :naughty:

Weekly, unless something *merits* a sooner change. :praise:

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1377291357|3508821 said:
monarch64|1377291181|3508819 said:
No pets allowed in the bed

MAJOR issue with my SO.
I say NO DOGS IN THE BED!!!
He has no problem blurting out he loves his girls more than he loves me. :o :knockout:

Heehee If I don't have 1 cat sleeping almost on my head and another in the crook of my arm, I can't sleep at all :)) My dog only gets up on the bed in winter though.

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Sadly, we don't have laundry in our current apartment building, so I've cut back to once every 2 weeks. :(( Queen-size sheets are heavy and bulky to schlep to the laundromat.

When we had laundry in our unit, I changed the sheets every week.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I change sheets and pillowcases once a week in the winter and twice a week in the summer. When someone in the house is ill, I will do it daily, to try and keep ahead of germs and also because it is comforting.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Years ago, I read in a Vanity Fair article that Wallis Simpson, the Duchess of Windsor, not only had her linen sheets changed daily but had them freshly ironed and then brought to the bed by four maids (one for each corner) so that there would not be any wrinkles. I thought - now that's rich!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once a week, unless I am sick and dying with the flu or something like that in which case the whole house has to wait until I get around to it....

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I change the sheets every week and wash the rest of the bedding as necessary which turns out to be about every 2-3 weeks.

Early in our relationship, I told my FI how sexy clean sheets are and he jumps to help me. I've even converted him to using Downy. *swoon* :lickout:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1377294757|3508855 said:

:lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1377396511|3509350 said:
Dee*Jay|1377294757|3508855 said:

:lol:

She must be talking about having babies.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do about every 5 days. I remember watching Oprah and she said she loved her sheets changed every 3 days. Then someone told her, yeah, she isn't America, that there are too many chores to realistically change them that often. I like clean sheets. I think dirty ones are gross!

I remember reading that we shed so much skin, so you are swimming in your own old skin. YUCK!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1377294377|3508850 said:
Dust mites creep me out so everything goes in the allergiene cycle weekly!
oh yeah, those too :knockout:

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1377315940|3509004 said:
Once a week, unless I am sick and dying with the flu or something like that in which case the whole house has to wait until I get around to it....

Even if I'm dying with the flu.... okay ESPECIALLY if I'm dying with the flu FI insists that sheets MUST be changed no less than once per week and he'll spend the last half of the week complaining about the sheets. So if I'm sick the sheets might make it a whole week but I don't dare push it farther than that. Tried it a couple of times and he complained and complained until I finally just got out of bed (once was after 2am) so that HE could change the sheets :rolleyes: :angryfire: :lol:
I've learned that it is easier to die on the couch while he changes sheets rather than try to resist!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imagine hotel beds... :knockout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results