shape
carat
color
clarity

How much cash do you usually carry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually try to keep it between $50 and $100 on me.

I use a credit card and an ATM card but sometimes I want to use cash and that amount usually covers me.

I also keep a $20 bill in my car for emergencies.
Do you do that?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I''m lucky, $20. I never carry cash.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I rarely have much cash on me, less than $20 usually. I try to keep my daily purchases to a minimum and most of those are done via debit card.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What if you drive by a garage sale and find some cool thing you must have?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I never carry cash. If I''m lucky I have some old spare change
9.gif
The only time I have cash is if I want to take a livery cab (cash only) it was a great day when regular cabs started taking debit cards
3.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 1:02:42 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I rarely have much cash on me, less than $20 usually. I try to keep my daily purchases to a minimum and most of those are done via debit card.
Same here.

The only time I ever really have cash on me is if I go out to lunch with several people and I put it on my card and they pay me back in cash. That way I get all the airline miles from putting it on my credit card.
31.gif

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Usually between $5 and $10. I use my debit card for everyday purchases and use online banking to check my balance. I keep my parking money in my work bag - $4/day.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Usually about 50 bucks.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
$20 right now ... $60 would be ideal but I keep SPENDING IT. I find cash so much easier to spend than credit or even debit. The card makes me think twice. But cash ... if I have more I think well I can part with SOME. And then its gone. Gah.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i never carry cash. i am lucky to have $5 or $10 with me actually.

i use my cc for everything and pay it off every month. the miles are how we flew first class to Spain.

the only places i ever NEED cash is bubble tea houses, damn them! haha.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
ha-ha Mara, I love the bubble tea. Whenever I go to Chinatown I have to take cash b/c other than the big dim sum palaces pretty much everything (including my beloved avacado shakes and bubble tea) are cash only...
3.gif

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Usually about 37 cents. My dh is always asking if I have any cash on me, and laughing as he remembers how little I always have.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 1:05:02 PM
Author: kenny
What if you drive by a garage sale and find some cool thing you must have?

It''s winter and I live in New England, there are no garage sales right now. In the summer I just run to an ATM and take out money if I''m in a position like that. If I''m specifically going "yard sailing" I''ll bring cash with me.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 1:12:18 PM
Author: Mara
i never carry cash. i am lucky to have $5 or $10 with me actually.

i use my cc for everything and pay it off every month. the miles are how we flew first class to Spain.

the only places i ever NEED cash is bubble tea houses, damn them! haha.

This is exactly what we do. I never carry cash. At least using our cc we get points.

Actually got into a tiff with a co-worker & boss who said not carrying cash & only paying with a cc is a recipe for disaster.
20.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Around £10. There are tons of cash points close by so I always just stop there before heading out. No need to carry cash with me. I put everything on the credit card and pay it off at the end of each month.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I hardly ever have any but I need to start using it as we take all of our change and put it in a jar each month and from there it goes into savings, right now we do about 60 dollars a month...i have no idea where all this change is coming from lol

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
I take out $200 at a time. It lasts a while.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
For daily $80 - $100. I also make sure I have a few quarters and other change in my car.

When I go clothes shopping, I bring larger amounts. Usually a budgeted amount for that trip and when I run out, I''m done shopping for the day. I find that method easier than using my debit card. When I use the card, I always end up losing track of what I''ve spent.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Some loose change, for parking. Never saw anything at a garage sale that I had to have (actually, I''ve never seen a garage sale).

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I keep change in case I need it, but rarely have actual cash on me. I prefer to use my ATM card.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
Usually about $40.....two 20s. Roll of quarters for the parking meters.
We keep two 20s in the penny jar at home in case someone has to take a cab
as I did late one night when my car broke down. I also keep a few dollar bills in the glove box for the Salvation Army, Jerry''s kids, etc.

I find it easy to use plastic but hate spending cash. That''s REAL money

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have less than $50 in my wallet at any given time. I keep a gas card with $20 on it in my glove box just in case. I use a debit card for everything else.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I currently have $27 and then probably a couple dollars in change hanging out at the bottom of my purse. I get $40 at a time. When I run out I get more.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Some loose change on a daily basis. I do carry cash at Christmas and a few small bills during the summer for garage sales (I do find things I HAVE to have!).

DH doesn''t carry cash either. He''s the reason why I don''t carry cash. He''d spend mine!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 2:13:08 PM
Author: somethingshiny
garage sales (I do find things I HAVE to have!).
I''m not at all a fan of garage sales. Here there are annual neighborhood garage sales in the spring/summer and the last two years, I took my kids (because they begged me). Each was given $2.00 and picked out something. Once a book, another a brand new beanie babie, and one year, my son found a trophe in a "free stuff" box. It''s a bowling trophe! He''s so proud of it.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Though I often carry my debit card, we''ve transitioned to using cash for most everything. ...I usually have $25-50, unless I''m going shopping. DH takes ''x'' amount out of cash out each week and we divvy it up according to our weekly plans and expenses.

Debit cards are safer, no doubt, but when I only have cash I only spend the bare minimum.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL. I attempt to carry $60. However, usually within minutes of acquiring any cash, one or both kids needs "cash only" for something. I''m lucky if I have any cash at all most days. I end up using my debit card (no fee) for everything.
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results