Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you heat up leftover pizza?

D

Deactivated member 42515

I love cold pizza! So.... I dunno. Sorry!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm w YT. I usually eat leftover pizza cold...but then again, I know NUTTIN HONEY about how things work in the kitchen! :D

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i always microwave because i like it that way

BUT i had heard the way to do it properly is stovetop

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Heating it in the oven, per the instructions on the delivery box, would certainly make it taste better....

But when I'm hungry for leftover pizza do you really think I have time to preheat the oven!? Hell no. Microwave!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I like to get the crust crispy again, so I use the oven.

I preheat to 400 degrees (wait until it's COMPLETELY preheated), and put it directly on the upper or middle oven rack (cookie sheet is way down on the bottom rack, to catch drips). If I want it extra crispy I flip on the convection button. Without the convection, it's crispy in about 5 minutes, with it, about 3-4 minutes. I take it out with tongs and slide it onto a plate. Eat fast, or you lose the crisp.

Or, if I'm lazy, and in a hurry, it's 45 seconds in a 1000 watt microwave. Not crispy, but it's warm. I don't like scalding microwaved pizza.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
put the pizza on a rack and place in oven.
preheat the oven to 350.
when it beeps to let you know it's ready (at 350) your good to take out the pizza.
It's crisp, UNsoggy crust/bottom and everything is heated through.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use the oven, or the toaster oven, depending on how many pieces I am heating up.

We don't own a microwave... just don't like them.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Toaster oven at 400 for 5-7 minutes....long enough to re-melt the cheese and re-crisp the crust. Yum!!

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends.

If I'm lazy or in the mood for cold pizza I just don't bother.

If I want a bubbly, gooey heap of cheese I go to the microwave at 70% power.

If I want perfection (and have the time) I go for the oven. Start at low/medium and then when the cheese is gooey and it is most of the way warm turn on the broiler.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1375059139|3492153 said:
Depends.

If I'm lazy or in the mood for cold pizza I just don't bother.

If I want a bubbly, gooey heap of cheese I go to the microwave at 70% power.

If I want perfection (and have the time) I go for the oven. Start at low/medium and then when the cheese is gooey and it is most of the way warm turn on the broiler.

This. :bigsmile: It also depends on where the pizza came from. If I made it microwave. If it came from a pizza place-sometimes oven.
Some are better in the oven and the micro makes them too squishy.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Toaster oven also--it has an easy pizza setting!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't. It's great cold. But if I *had* to? Oven or toaster oven.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Put pizza in a frying pan, no oil. turn on stove low and it turns out great!!!! My mom told me about this method. :appl: :appl:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
babs23r|1375069461|3492231 said:
Put pizza in a frying pan, no oil. turn on stove low and it turns out great!!!! My mom told me about this method. :appl: :appl:

Hmmm, I'm going to try this.
Thanx.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think oven gives the best results but in the summer, with no AC, I avoid heating up the kitchen so I often use the microwave and just settle for :knockout: gummy-pizza. YUCK!
Gummy Pizza makes me feel like a nasty food-slut!

Today I almost ran an extension cord to the backyard to run the toaster oven.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Put pizza in a frying pan, no oil. turn on stove low and it turns out great!!!! :appl: :appl:

This.

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock
Well since we moved into our house almost 2 years ago we have been living microwave free. The house did not com with one and to put one in would take up a good 20% of my meager counter space. Not worth it. Heating everything in the oven takes a lot longer, but generally yields much better results, so I don't mind too much. I will definitely try the stovetop method next time, though.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

This! I put a lid over the top to contain the heat so that the cheese gets melty quicker. Mmm...

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Microwave. Lazy. Gummy Pizza....yep its yuk but its fast.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I don't think I've ever reheated leftover pizza...cold pizza is the best!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

audball

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1375085192|3492280 said:

Hmmm, I'm going to try this.
Thanx.
I do this, sort of, but with a quicker method. I nuke leftover pizza in the microwave long enough to warm it through without being super hot. While it's heating, I plug in my electric griddle which heats in seconds. Out of the microwave, onto the griddle, which creates a perfectly crisp unsoggy crust just like it was fresh pizza in under 1 minute.

We also do this to reheat panini style sandwiches and it works amazingly well.

ETA: If I don't just eat it cold ;-)

Ninna

Shiny_Rock
Similar here, I preheat a large skillet or griddle on medium-high for about 5 minutes, then put the pizza in, turn it down to medium and cover with a domed lid. The lid keeps the heat in and melts the cheese; the hot griddle crisps the bottom.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ninna|1375143388|3492783 said:
Similar here, I preheat a large skillet or griddle on medium-high for about 5 minutes, then put the pizza in, turn it down to medium and cover with a domed lid. The lid keeps the heat in and melts the cheese; the hot griddle crisps the bottom.

This is what I do...use a flat frying pan on the stove with a lid over it to melt the cheese. Works great!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just eat it cold.........if there's any left over.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I microwave for about 15 seconds, then throw it into a toaster oven for couple of minutes to re-crisp. Yes, I'm anal about food.

Reason I do that is I like my food HOT and has to be heated through. If I put it in toaster oven until the entire thing is hot, the outside looks dark/burnt unappetizing.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
jazzoboe|1375095225|3492297 said:
Well since we moved into our house almost 2 years ago we have been living microwave free. The house did not com with one and to put one in would take up a good 20% of my meager counter space. Not worth it. Heating everything in the oven takes a lot longer, but generally yields much better results, so I don't mind too much. I will definitely try the stovetop method next time, though.

Glad to hear DH and I aren't the only souls on the planet without a microwave! :D We have plenty of counterspace for one but have realized we don't really need it, so we never bought one to replace the one that the previous owners took with them!

I'm an oven reheater (if I'm not eating it cold...mmmmm...cold pizza), always have been even when we had a microwave, but now I'm going to have to try the skillet method!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results