shape
carat
color
clarity

High school reunion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Go vs didn''t go? Worth it vs waste of time? Regrets over not going? My 10 yr is coming soon and I''m waffling (while mentally shopping for the perfect outfit
20.gif
). Thoughts? How was yours?

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
I went, and had a good time. My friends and I each scattered with the wind to go to universities far from home, and it was fun to plan in advance seeing each other on a definitive date. But even more interesting was to catch up with more casual friends whom I hadn''t seen in years; it was surprising to see how many people became grade-school teachers, who was now a militant lesbian, and most of all that the really nice guy who had struggled with cancer in high school had not only survived, but had a bill of clean health, married a lovely woman, and was glowing with both good health and happiness. It was also interesting to see who hit on you or confessed to having a crush on your in high school, because I had been clueless!

There had been some concern about the event being awful, so I had booked a suite at the hotel so my friends and I had an alternative place to hang out. The evening actually went very quickly, we stayed the entire time, and just had a post-party at the room until the wee hours. I''m glad I went.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
My ten year was kind of boring. It was interesting that some of the guys were already getting bald and paunchy but the girls still looked pretty young and fit. I went to a party for my 20th, but didn''t go to the actual reunion because I had just had a baby, but by then we were all starting to show our age. It depends a lot on how much your school friends were a part of your life. Mine really weren''t. I had a job and I worked after school, so I had choir and that was about it. I don''t feel at all like I missed anything by not going to my 20th. I don''t think I would have missed not going to my 10th, either.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i went to my 5th. it was meh. but, i''m glad i went b/c i would have wondered what it was all about. there were only a handful of people i hadn''t seen b/c they moved away... mostly, though, it was the same people i still saw around town.

my 10th is up next year.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t gone to any of them...5 year, 10 year, 15 year (which should be coming up -- I haven''t heard anything about it though). I keep in touch with just a few friends from high school and once in a blue moon I''ll run into someone I grew up with. I''m really curious to see what people are up to these days but it hasn''t been enough to make me go to my reunions.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 10th is next year too and I won''t be going. I am not too curious yet.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been to both of mine, the 10 and the 20. Sort of felt sad but glad I went. Found that some of the really stunning girls in high school really did peak then, and are still acting like they are prom queen or head cheerleader. The guys I thought were so cute were balding and chunky. And some of the less popular girls and guys looked great and really seemed to have it all together, where as the most likely to succeed people were a bit lost. It was fun on some levels, but really pretty sad on another. I am very content in my life and I am exactly where I want to be, am not trying to impress anyone etc, but really did see a lot of that when I went. But I would have regretted not going.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey Ginger! We had a semi 10 year reunion early this summer. I''m really GLAD I went. I wasn''t sure beforehand because I thought it would be awkward as I haven''t seen or spoke to these people in 10 years, but when I saw my old friends, it was as if 10 years hadn''t passed. I had something else schedualed, and I was so sad to leave, because it was amazing to see how much people had (and hadn''t changed)

I would go, just because it only comes once in 10 years. If you''re bored, you can always leave early.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
I wasn''t able to go to mine cuz I was expecting baby #1 (and we live out of state). DH went to his though and said it was really nice to see everyone after so much time (he doesn''t keep in touch with anyone from HS).

I wish I had been able to go to mine. It would''ve been interesting to see old friends, since I only keep in touch with a couple and never run into anyone (even when I''m back visiting my parents for the holidays or whatever). I''m not sure if we''re having a 20-year reunion, but I''ll most likely make an effort to go if we do.

It''s true. You can always leave early if you''re not having fun.

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to my 10 year this Saturday. I''m actually looking forward to it because I don''t live in the area anymore (same state though, but about 2 hours away). I do still keep in contact with 1 person from HS, so we are going together, if it turns out to be boring, we''ll leave and hang out somewhere else. But I think it''s going to be fun.

I''ll let you know next week
3.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
My HS firends are actually still my best friends, so we are all still very much in touch. There are a few others i''d like to see and catch up with. Kinda feels like one of those quintessential must do school things, like prom y''now? My HS was pretty alternative so we didn''t have a lot of the typical stuff, might as well get in some tradition while I can
1.gif

looks like the shopping is ON.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results