shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!!! What have I done to my avatar???!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Isn''t this a mess? I got tired of my poor little Widget looking squashed and distorted, so I resized the original picture down to 40x45, and reloaded it. Look what happened!
39.gif

Any ideas of what I''m doing wrong?

widget

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Beats the **** out of me!!!!! I have the same problems!!!! I''ve about given up!!

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
The default avatar size is displayed at 96 by 96. When you sized it to 40 by 45, the dimensions got off a bit, and the system displays it as a stretched image at 96 by 96.

Change the original picture to a 96 by 96 size by cropping/editing and you should be fine....

EDITED:

Hmmm, this is what is says in the upload an avatar section:
Select the avatar you wish to use to represent yourself on the board. This avatar will appear next to your posts and on your profile page. Your avatar will be resized to fit the contraints of the board.
File size (max): 100000 bytes
File size (min): 1 bytes
Supported file extensions: gif,jpg,jpeg,pdf,png,gem

Your avatar should be size: 40 pixels by 44 pixels or else it will look distorted

So, you did it correctly....

When you right click on the picture on your PC to display it in your browser, how does it look there????

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2005 10:23:45 AM
Author: websailor
When you right click on the picture on your PC to display it in your browser, how does it look there????
I tried that...I think it looks better there.

I''m such a computer idiot..grrr. Sweet Belle just PMed me an offered to upload the picture for me...I think I''ll take her up on it...

Thanks, WS!
widget

widget

Ideal_Rock
Aaaaah....That''s better!!!! THANK YOU, BELLE!!!!
30.gif

widget

laughinggravy

Shiny_Rock
I looove your dog - brings a smile to my face every time I see him/her. I love them when they have that expression. Darn I miss having dawwwgs. Makes smiling so much easier! Glad you got it sorted though kind of curious to see what the disaster looked like?

Abi
1.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Wait a minute!! I''m having problems too!! The directions say the avatar needs to be 40 x 44 or it''ll be distorted, but mine ends up being distorted when I make it 40 x 44!! Are you saying that it needs to be 96 x 96 before uploading?? HELP!!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2005 1:34:46 PM
Author: widget
Aaaaah....That''s better!!!! THANK YOU, BELLE!!!!
30.gif

widget
aaaahhh, yes, much better!
36.gif
yay!! we can see widget!!
36.gif

(your welcome widget, it was my pleasure!)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2005 9:40
6.gif
6 PM
Author: AChiOAlumna
Wait a minute!! I''m having problems too!! The directions say the avatar needs to be 40 x 44 or it''ll be distorted, but mine ends up being distorted when I make it 40 x 44!! Are you saying that it needs to be 96 x 96 before uploading?? HELP!!!!
yes, the pic needs to be *big* 96x96, otherwise it will look pixelated.
2.gif

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought "pixilated" was the look/response someone got by looking at an absolutely stunning ring.

It''s like they were in dreamland - no that they are in dreamland. They just stare, mumble, and become stupified....

Isn''t it the hidden goal of Pricescope to allow us to build rings that pixilate people?

Perry

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if this will help but I always make sure my avatar photos are perfectly square...I crop them to get them pretty much perfectly square to the hundreth place and it seems to work...Also, the general size range of the photos is something like 5 X5 inches or thereabouts.

Widget, I can see why you were going nuts--he is so beautiful!
1.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: Jennifer5973
Widget, I can see why you were going nuts--he is so beautiful!
1.gif
Thanks, Jennifer!
1.gif

Widget''s a she, actually, and I''m not sure "beautiful" is the right word to describe her. She''s been described as a husky trapped inside the body of a daschund. But I do love her dearly, and she makes up in personality what she lacks in classic good looks.

Here''s a picture of the more complete, rather peculiar package:

434.JPG

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Oops!
emembarrassed.gif
SHE is just beautiful.
emteeth.gif
I think she is a doll! Don''t worry--technically, my Freddy''s head is way too big for his squatty body but he is just as magnificent as your little baby! I love mutts!!!!!!!!!
3.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Belle, your''re a genius!!! Don''t know if I''ll use this pic (took it quickly today in the kitchen!!!) but that 96x96 really works!!!! Thanks!!!!!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
every time I try to make my pic 96 x 96 pixels and try to upload it, I get an administrative error!!
7.gif
What am I doing wrong???
33.gif
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results