shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you seen the Tiffany Lucida with Icing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I am not a huge Tiffany''s fan and I have never been a big Lucida fan but they had a picture in our local paper of something called a Lucida with Icing and it was gorgeous. It had baguettes on either side. I tried to find a pic on their website to show you but couldn''t. Has anyone seen it yet?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow - haven''t seen it yet but sounds intriguing!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOH this is my favorite Tiffany''s ring!!! I went to try on the Lucida and was surprised by how little I liked it on my hand and commented on how wide the band was, so the saleswoman brought me this one! I searched for a pic forever and couldn''t find one, but then they put it in a group shot on the engagement ring page once. I''m pretty sure I saved it, I''ll check on my home computer later.... I''m not usually a baguette fan in general even, but I looooved the look of this ring!

ETA: just found it!
30.gif
It''s not the greatest picture since it had other rings leaning against it and I just cropped them out.
5.gif

lucida_tapered_baguettes.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I like this SOOOO much better than the regular plain wide Lucinda style band!!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That ring is gorgeous!! I had seen it in a magazine a little while ago... I wonder what kind of band would look best with it??

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow ... I wonder if our Lucida-owning pal Tracy could change out her Tiffany Lucida setting on her 1.46 ish stone & get this one ... it would probably give her already SIZEABLE stone a "push up bra" kind of boost size-wize in her eyes!

Does anyone know if Tiffany does re-sets & not just upgrades??

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/14/2006 4:23:00 PM
Author: albicocca
OOOOOH this is my favorite Tiffany''s ring!!! I went to try on the Lucida and was surprised by how little I liked it on my hand and commented on how wide the band was, so the saleswoman brought me this one! I searched for a pic forever and couldn''t find one, but then they put it in a group shot on the engagement ring page once. I''m pretty sure I saved it, I''ll check on my home computer later.... I''m not usually a baguette fan in general even, but I looooved the look of this ring!

ETA: just found it!
30.gif
It''s not the greatest picture since it had other rings leaning against it and I just cropped them out.
5.gif
Thanks for the pic. That''s funny. I am not usually a baguette fan either but with the right shaped stone, they look nice.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t like the band either, which is why I didn''t even consider a Lucida. I have a Regent set in a Michael B. Crown lace and I think this setting would be more flattering to the Regent.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
lordy that''s pretty! ditto on all the above, i didn''t like the wide band either and i usually don''t like baguesttes...but this combo really works!!! yum! must go try on IRL...

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
OH !!! I AM SO MAD!! I really wanted an E-ring from Tiffany''s and when I went in there about 5 months ago I LOVED the Lucinda but wanted side baguettes. I asked the salesperson if they would switch out the emerald cut with side baguettes I tried on and put a Lucinda in instead. She flatly told me NO, they don''t do the Lucinda that way!!! I asked if I could ask someone else who actually did the rings and I got the same answer, the Lucinda can''t be done with side baguettes. Now, just when I substituted a radiant and did my own design with baguettes do they finally decide to do it. DARN IT. If I had only waited 5 months I could have had that one.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
This is LOVELY!!!!!!!! I like it SO MUCH better than the thick band! I like the bezel too, but this is now my fave lucida!!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I am going to have to be the lone dissenting voice here, folks. Although I really like this ring with baguettes, I am really starting to like the fashion of having the band the same width as the stone. It seems like such a clean look to me. And I think TracyS''s stone looks big in her ring, and the stone looks even BIGGER to me with the wider band. JMO.
9.gif

jewelryjunkie

Rough_Rock
Lizz, I agree with you. I do like the baguettes setting, but not as much as the original Lucida setting.

The original Lucida setting is so unique. Tiffany had not done anything like it before as far as I know.

A center stone with baguettes has been around a long time and Tiffany has always had engagment rings that have baguette side stones. Baguette side stones is a timeless, classic look for and engagment ring just like a solitare.

My personal preference is for modern looking e-rings that''s why I have an etoile solitare. My favorite Lucida setting is the full bezel.

But frankly, if it sparkles, I love it!
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm. I love baguette setting like that. Generally. But for the lucida... um. I think it makes it look more ordinary. I think the thick band (and I don''t even like thick bands) is my preferred look for it. It may grow on me though.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, they are pretty accomodating about resets I think. I got my diamond studs there a couple years back and now wanted a martini setting because they tip funny on my aging ears. My salesguy got it done for me, and it is not a setting they offer typically. I think if you have a good rapport with someone there, it can be done...they like to keep you happy, so you come back!

I like the baguettes, my ring has them, but I am not sure it makes the lucida not look too much like a roung. I never loved the wide bands, not my style, but hey, to each his own!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results