shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you done something a little out of character lately?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a very conservative 54 yr old, very light skinned, blonde. I usually polish my nails shades of reds,corals and pinks. I am shocking everyone, and myself, by painting my nails shades or gray and black the last two weeks. My husband wonders what's gotten into me. I really like it. I don't think I can handle blues and greens but who knows? Have you done anything unusual lately?

_11405.jpg

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Re: Have you done something a little out of character lately

Yes, I actually bought some dark nail polish too, which I would normally never wear! I just fancied a change. And after chopping off my hair in the summer I've decided I'm happy with shoulder-length layered hair when normally I am growing it as long as it will go. That's a big change for me. And also, I'm trying to be more positive and laid-back, and worry less. All things which do not come naturally to me. And also, go to bed earlier and get up earlier. Another personal challenge.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

I also wore dark polish for a few days for a Halloween event.

I've also put my foot down on some BS I'm sick of.

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

A few days ago I wore pants to work. My coworkers had never even seen me with pants on before. :lol:

ETA: I usually wear dresses to work. I didn't mean to make it sound as if I'm generally traipsing about pantsless.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

I ate chia seeds. I'm normally a fairly healthy (well balanced) eater, but I don't like "weird" stuff. But this stuff is so good for you, and, as it turns out, you don't even know it is in whatever you are adding it to.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

AprilBaby|1383070588|3546847 said:
I am a very conservative 54 yr old, very light skinned, blonde. I usually polish my nails shades of reds,corals and pinks. I am shocking everyone, and myself, by painting my nails shades or gray and black the last two weeks. My husband wonders what's gotten into me. I really like it. I don't think I can handle blues and greens but who knows? Have you done anything unusual lately?

That's funny because I am the opposite. I wear all kinds of polish, but has the least pinks and reds.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AprilBaby|1383070588|3546847 said:

It's so funny you mentioned this, AprilBaby. I was just thinking what it would be like to try black nail polish or toenail polish. I'm 51 and have never strayed beyond the norm much with polishes. I sometimes use glitter polish, but only because it hides the imperfections in my nails and is easy to apply (I'm a klutz). I have tried blues and greens though. There is a Tiffany blue I like called "For Audrey" by China Glaze I think. I've used that several times on my nails and toes. It's quite pretty.

Since turning 50, I've added some special ear piercings, although I never wear earring in my proper lobes. These I generally don't show off at all. My hairstylist is always surprised, don't know why. I'm even thinking of doing another one soon. I like having something jewelry related that I keep to myself or show off if I want. It's a weird thing I guess.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

i'm 65 and I absolutely rock purple toe nails!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think I may stray into the purple next. My favorite so far is Sally Hansen " commander in chief".

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Out of the blue I decided to stop coloring my hair. I'm only 27 but I've been going grey for four years. I've been coloring my hair forever, at first just to make it more vibrant but then to cover the grey peeking through. I decided since my hair will likely be full on white in about 15 years (runs in the family) I would rather just embrace the change and go for the long white awesome hair look. My husband could care less and actually told me he always wondered why I colored my hair to begin with, lol.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock

Asscherhalo_lover|1383096089|3547132 said:
Out of the blue I decided to stop coloring my hair. I'm only 27 but I've been going grey for four years. I've been coloring my hair forever, at first just to make it more vibrant but then to cover the grey peeking through. I decided since my hair will likely be full on white in about 15 years (runs in the family) I would rather just embrace the change and go for the long white awesome hair look. My husband could care less and actually told me he always wondered why I colored my hair to begin with, lol.

Good for you! I stopped coloring my hair a little over a year ago and its such a relief! Im in my 40s and am surprised I have less gray than I thought. But the gray that's coming in I am happy with and think it looks nice. I hated the process of coloring and its such a freedom to be past that. My teenagers like it better natural and tell me it makes me look confident :) My teenage daughter tells me I rock it :)

As for original question...nothing came to mind. I guess that means I'm in a rut?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm very lucky, at 54 I have no gray hairs yet, still blonde. Maybe blondes go gray later?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

blonds don't notice.............and people will just say you're getting blonder!
at least that's how it worked for me when I was your age.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

nope. I am pretty much still an instruction manual ;-) I finally bought pants for work that didn't make me look like I crapped myself though. If that's out of the norm....

April20

Ideal_Rock

AprilBaby|1383111432|3547272 said:
I'm very lucky, at 54 I have no gray hairs yet, still blonde. Maybe blondes go gray later?

I'm dark blonde and started getting grays in my late teens. Im 36 now. They're so much lighter that its very noticeable. I color it and have for years but even then I can still see it a bit. I worked with a lady years ago that was in her 50s and light blonde and she didn't have any that she could see. I used to be light blonde and I'd give my eye teeth to have stayed that way so I couldn't see all my grays (I'm probably 90% gray at the crown and 80% everywhere else). If my gray was prettier I would probably just let it go.

janlwf

Rough_Rock

Booked a Cancun holiday at at topless optional resort :naughty: I did buy a bikini so that I "could" participate but I'll have to let you know if I do :oops: :o

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock

cygnet|1383075516|3546908 said:
A few days ago I wore pants to work. My coworkers had never even seen me with pants on before. :lol:

ETA: I usually wear dresses to work. I didn't mean to make it sound as if I'm generally traipsing about pantsless.
Oh my, you made me snort! :lol:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

Last night I was as nice as I know how to be to a person who has done nothing but spread lies about me and SO for the past two years after she made advances towards SO knowing we were in a relationship. She's now in a relationship with a man who was essentially married, which she knew. Attractive right? She has continued to talk badly about us, up even until last week, why it continues I don't know. But last night I watched one of her new SO's dogs nearly get hit twice b/c it had wandered from their yard. They live about a mile from our house on a family farm. So I messaged their business page and told them about the dog and that I'd seen their dogs out repeatedly so they might want to find out how they're getting out and fix it. Their response? To stop starting trouble and mind my own business. :nono: I watch out for YOUR dogs after YOU have continuously said nasty things about me to people I don't even know and that's the thanks I get. From now on I'll just call animal control.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

I insisted my DH vacuum!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results