shape
carat
color
clarity

hands that do dishes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
There''s nothing good about getting old
6.gif
(

Although now you can afford a decent car, and can afford the insurance premium too.

You''ve been married a number of years etc.....and ''At last'' have a bit of spare cash to buy a decent piece of bling!

I''m 41-yrs old, and although the body is holding up pretty good, now that I have my decent bit of bling, the old hands are looking like they have been in a washing up bowl for a thousand years.

Because I am a sad Pricescoper, I sometimes put my ering on my daughter''s hand. Then sit on the other side of the room to admire it. Bloody hell....how sad am I???

Anyone else out there rubbing in the hand lotion for fun??

Blod
7.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
' For hands that do dishes are as soft as your face.....with mild green...."

Blimey Blod that's going back a bit, you are showing your age! And mine!

Blod, your hands must be like silk compared to my cracked and split old things, yes I do apply handcream at night and it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference to me. Try vaseline and a pair of cotton gloves, sleep in them if you can or good old cream E45!

Mara likes her hand lotions I think, lets see what she uses or if anyone can recommend anything decent!

BTW I am sure your daughter is anything BUT sad when she is allowed to model your lovely ring!
3.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I''m 30 and I''ve noticed that''s one part of my body that is aging faster than I''d care to admit. A few of my veins look stressed and that artery/nerve that goes down the center protrudes more than ever.

What else (besides lotion) can I do about it now?

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Late 30''s here & fastly approaching 40...

Funny thing is it''s my feet that look older to me than my hands. First time I noticed the time clock ticking away at my skin was washing dishes & suddenly noticed they looked like my mothers! Really wierd moment because it reminded me of what my mother''s hands looked like when I was ten & I''d watch her cook.
So it went from a "oh shoot I''m getting up there" too a rathar sentimental moment...sniff, sniff.

Anyway I always remember my mother''s favorite quote "Never regret growing old it''s a privilege denied to many."

Psss... But if anyone has a secret hand & foot cream I''d be more than interested in helping reverse the clock...
23.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 11:02:38 AM
Author: Lorelei
'' For hands that do dishes are as soft as your face.....with mild green....''

Blimey Blod that''s going back a bit, you are showing your age! And mine!

Blod, your hands must be like silk compared to my cracked and split old things, yes I do apply handcream at night and it doesn''t seem to make a lot of difference to me. Try vaseline and a pair of cotton gloves, sleep in them if you can or good old cream E45!

Mara likes her hand lotions I think, lets see what she uses or if anyone can recommend anything decent!

BTW I am sure your daughter is anything BUT sad when she is allowed to model your lovely ring!
3.gif
Awww, I may be able to help. I have two small children, and my hands are constantly in water. Consequently, cracked and bleeding. My MIL told me a quick fix that absolutely will work overnight. Your hands will feel so much better in the morning, you will not be able to believe it.

Here goes, are you ready?

VICKS vaporub. Yes what you rub on your children''s chests when they have a cold. It has a petrolatum base (think vaseline) and it is medicated with camphor or something along those lines. Just rub it into your hands before you go to bed, slip on a pair of socks, and next morning your hands will be so much better you will think somebody brought you a new pair in the night.

It works well on feet too. HTH

shay

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 11:02:38 AM
Author: Lorelei
'' For hands that do dishes are as soft as your face.....with mild green....''

FAIRLY LIQUID!

Good grief Blod and Lorelei, I think it''s a British thing. As soon as I saw the title, it had me singing the song from the advert. Dread to think how many years ago it was!

I tend to sit in a bath with drops of Baby Oil in it, it''s the only way I can keep moistened in the crap water that we get in Saudi. I''m sure I look like an old prune already, before my time! We need our bling to detract from our wrinkly hands!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Yes, my hands are aging faster than I would like. However, I''m glad that my hands are aging faster than my face, and not the other way around!

I live in a very cold place and the harsh winter is tough on my hands. Having 4 kids, 1 still in diapers also means I wash my hands a million times day.

I do the moisterizer thing too but hate the feeling of greasy hands so I use it once in the middle of the day and always before going to bed. Does not seem to do much good though.

And by the way, I''m 36 and have this problem.

LOL on your daugher. One day she will probably get your ring right :) She is just getting use to it LOL. How old is she? My 6 year old daughter loves to put on my ring but she knows its only for a second and she is NEVER allowed to touch my jewelery unless I''m right there with her!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the tip Shay, I will definitely try it plus the menthol and stuff might be good on the cracks on my hands!

HA HA - I knew it Mini as soon as you saw Blod''s title that you would be singing the ad tune too! It was in the seventies I think Min when we were kids!!!!!!!!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
have you ever tried Satin Hands by Mary Kay? or something similar? it has 4 steps, hand cleanser, exfoliating scrub, and a petrolatum based moisturizer that you use at the same time, all over your hands, then use the lotion after you have rinsed. It really has helped keep my hands soft, which I constantly have to wash and use antibacterial gel all day long before and after every patient.

right now I am hooked on Bliss labs product line, and I use mandarin soap scrub with the mary kay petroleum stuff, then use their intense hand cream with macadamia oil and their super groom cuticle cream, and my hands feel softer than ever.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2006 12:45:59 PM
Author: PunchNPie75
have you ever tried Satin Hands by Mary Kay? or something similar? it has 4 steps, hand cleanser, exfoliating scrub, and a petrolatum based moisturizer that you use at the same time, all over your hands, then use the lotion after you have rinsed. It really has helped keep my hands soft, which I constantly have to wash and use antibacterial gel all day long before and after every patient.

right now I am hooked on Bliss labs product line, and I use mandarin soap scrub with the mary kay petroleum stuff, then use their intense hand cream with macadamia oil and their super groom cuticle cream, and my hands feel softer than ever.
If I had the kind of time to do this, I wouldn''t need to.
2.gif

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results