shape
carat
color
clarity

Grey''s 2 part finale

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Did you see it? OH MY GOSH. I was on the edge of my seat this whole hour! I literally gasped out loud at the final scene. Gotta watch tomorrow!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
OMG yes!
23.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was watching too and then surfing the net for a *spoiler* of tomorrow''s episode. Hubby was watching with me and worried b/c I was freaking out. He kept saying "it''s only a TV show"
20.gif
. I''ll be watching tomorrow for sure. anyone know what happens to Denny?????

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
No, I haven''t seen anything about part two. If it''s another nail-biter like this one was, I will be freaking out too!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
OMG! OMG! OMG! ... that''s all i kept saying over and over again!

i HAVE to watch it tomorrow night!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''ve only watched the show a couple of times, but seeing your reactions, I''d love to know what happened! Anyone want to tell?
9.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
The girl I was watching it with had heard a rumor that one of the interns is going to be kicked out of the program but not out of the show. I have a veeery good guess who it is...

Ebree:

There was a shooting at a local restaurant, and a lot of the employees had gunshot wounds. I think that it was aimed at the manager, who had jumped out a window to avoid it and was going on and on about how he was smarter and quicker on his feet than everyone else, and how he had such a high pain tolerance, and how his insurance would allow him to stay in the hospital practically forever. The lower level employees were getting really mad at him but couldn''t tell him off (they didn''t want to risk their jobs), so Dr Bailey gave him a piece of her mind.

The dog has bone cancer. Meredith goes to George''s new GF to ask him about what bone cancer does in humans. She originally blows Meredith off. George gets a little frustrated with her, and she asks why he''s defending Meredith after all she''s done to him. George explains that he, Meredith, Izzy, and Christina are family. You may not like what family does to you, but you''re still there for them. If his GF wants to be part of the family, she needs to start supporting them. GF goes to Meredith and shows her some XRays from bone cancer patients. Meredith realizes that the vet was sugar coating the dog''s chances. It turns out that he has under a year to live.

They got a call that there was a donor that had a heart for Denny. Dr Burke flew over to another hospital to get it, refusing to let Christina come with him. She was mad at him for cutting her off from surgery whenever there''s a problem in their relationship, and was talking about how it might be over. He gets to the hospital to find that two brothers were in a car accident and both of their hearts are available. There''s another doctor there for the other one. The donor for Denny''s heart dies, and so he starts fighting with the other doc over the remaining heart. The other guy got on the donor list 17 seconds before Denny and is a teeny fraction ahead of him on the list, so they''re duking it out.

Meanwhile, Izzy convinces Dr Bailey to let her scrub in to operate on Denny. She promises that she''ll treat him like any other patient. When she gets to the room, she finds that he''s signing a Do Not Rescitate form and starts to flip out. He says that if this isn''t the heart, then his time is up. When she hears from Dr. Burke that he may no longer have a heart, she starts lying and telling him that his condition is rapidly going downhill. Dr Burke tells her to run a bunch of tests to verify this, and meanwhile they''re all waiting to operate and get the other heart. Dr Burke realizes that maybe something''s up, and decides to fly back to the hospital to confirm Denny''s condition for himself.

Meanwhile, Izzy realizes that she needs some real results to show for it, and starts wandering around the hospital asking the other interns for help. At one point, Christina (I think) says that if she had to choose anyone who would be most likely to shoot up the people at the hospital (like someone did earlier at the restaurant), it would be Izzy. She finally decides that she''s going to cut some of the cords on the thing that''s keeping Denny''s heart beating so that she can get validly bad test results, figuring that Dr Burke will rush back to the hospital with the heart in hand and operate and make him all better. She drags George into it and has him guard the door, and he keeps asking her what she''s planning on doing.

One of the shooting patients is a 19-year old pregnant girl. When they operate, she quickly becomes braindead. Her parents want to keep her in a brain dead state for another 6 months so that her 12 week old baby can live. Dr Shephard (the woman) gets upset at them, and storms out with her husband following her. She starts telling him, very loudly, that she''s tried everything that she can to get him to love her and pay attention to her. When she cheated on him with his best friend, he didn''t seem to care. The only thing left to do is to start dating the veterinarian, but wait, that won''t work, because she''s not Meredith Grey. Then both of them realize that they''re standing on a walkway above a lot of the other docs, including Meredith. Later, the head talks to her and tells her that it''s not appropriate, etc.

George goes to talk to the parents of the pregnant brain dead girl, and tells them about how his roommate''s boyfriend is waiting on a transplant and easily might die. From everything that he''s heard about her from her coworkers, she was a wonderful person who would probably want to help others live. She was also registered as an organ donor. The parents are still in the process of deciding what to do.

The manager guy at the restaurant finally leaves, and really soon afterwards there are gunshot sounds. Dr Bailey runs outside to find him shot and on the ground. Beside him is an unconscious Dr Burke, with blood dripping down the pavement next to him.

The show ends with Izzy cutting Denny''s cord.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I too was on pins and needles watching it! I can't wait for tomorrow night!

You forgot a couple of key points:

Meredith and McDreamy are both in the elevator together after the Addison-McDreamy confrontation. Neither one say anything to each other, but McDreamy looked at her, while she was staring ahead, wanting to say something but he didn't. She did the same thing.

George's GF told him in the locker room that she loved him. Just blurted it out. He was about to say something when Izzy came in and asked him to help her. George left with the GF just sitting there and he said he would call her later.

Izzy and Denny kissed (while George was standing there) and she convinced him to let her do whatever she was going to do to make him able to get the heart, and that if he didn't want her to do it for him, then he should do it for her.

Meredith went to the vet and confronted him and said she knew the dog was really sick. He said he was and hugged her and said he knew how much she loved the dog. Meredith said she loved him very much, but the way she was acting made me believe she wasn't talking about her dog.

In the preview for the final tomorrow, it showed Burke in the OR or ER and Christina is there telling him she is there for him. Izzy did cut the plug and she kept saying everything would be OK b/c Burke was on his way, not knowing he had been shot.

I can't believe after this we have to wait until the fall to see what happens! I am soooo sucked into this show!
1.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Oh man!! I was sitting watching Grey''s Anatomy tonight and my cable was cutting in and out! I missed the ending, so glad you posted a recap.

I can''t believe Izzie! She''s crazy!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2006 1:28:29 AM
Author: pebbles
I can''t believe after this we have to wait until the fall to see what happens! I am soooo sucked into this show!
1.gif

Pebbles -- there''s a 2 hour season finale on tomorrow night at 9. This wasn''t the final episode!!

Am I the only one who finds Izzy EXTREMELY annoying? That whole story line seems so implausible and the connection between Izzy and Denny sort of baffling. I wanted to slap Izzy when she was going nutso on Denny trying to get him to let her stop his heart.

But, all in all, very compelling show tonight. Can''t wait for the 2 hour finale tomorrow!!

Oh, and if it''s true that one of the interns will get kicked out of the program, it seems likely it''s Izzy after her stunt tonight!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
pebbles- wanted to mention that merideth didn''t seem to be talking about the vet either when she said she loved the dog very much, but rather mcdreamy. i am sure you knew that but i wasn''t sure when read it sounded clear.
4.gif

yes! lizzy and denny drive me bonkers!
26.gif

i mean he''s older and unattractive. i don''t see what the big draw to him is! and man she LOST it this last episode!
32.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Pebbles -- thanks for filling that in! I knew I had missed something, but just couldn''t think offhand for what it was.

Until last week, I was convinced that I missed something in the Izzy-Denny relationship. I''ve missed an episode here or there, and I thought that he had to be someone from her past or something. How/why did they form such a strong connection?? She was going nutso!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry -- in my Benadryl-laden stuppor, I realise some of the stuff I wrote didn't make sense.
2.gif

I meant after the 2 hour finale TONIGHT, then we would have to wait until the fall to see what happens. I have already warned my hubby that he is giving the kids a loooong bath tonight! Normally I TiVo it, but in this case, I HAVE to watch it when it is on!

And yes, I meant when Meredith was hugging the vet and saying "I love him so much!" it was clear to me that she was NOT talking about the dog (even though she may really love her dog, I got the impression she was talking about McDreamy)...

I agree -- I don't entirely *get* the whole Izzy-Denny thing. I too missed some episodes earlier in the season so I am not sure why she is so attached to him.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks pebbles! i failed to mention that you did one heck of a job recaping!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Is it time for GA to come on yet? This is going to be longest day to wait and see what happens! I do like Denny, I think he''s charming. However Izzy totally went Psycho and now she will have to check herself into a mental institution because she''s going to kill him trying to save him. And he''s DNR so they can''t do anything. Meredith stay with the Vet, get over Dr. Shepherd, he''s gone from Dr. McDreamny, to Dr. McJerk!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Did Denny actually sign the DNR order? In the preview for tonight, it showed him lying in bed, presumably unconscious, so my guess is that he did not sign the order. I have it on TiVo from last night so I will re-watch it.
2.gif

And what is up with George and the ortho doc? Does he actually like her? She is beginning to bug me as well. Can you tell I don''t have much tolerance for anyone?
2.gif

I read in an interview that Patrick Dempsey gave recently that McDreamy is going to start doing some things to make his less dreamy and more jerky. Why didn''t Meredith just tell him (in last week''s episode) that she helped the vet birth a horse and was at his place taking a shower? Or did she really sleep with the vet?
33.gif

I am trying to figure this out -- is that Chris O''Donnell playing the vet?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i think it is chris- the vet!

i also thought that lizzy walked in on denny signing the DNR papers and that''s why she flipped out.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2006 10:36:35 AM
Or did she really sleep with the vet?
33.gif
She hasnt slept with the vet. In the opening scene from last week, Meredith and Izzy are sitting in the bathroom talking and Izzy asked if they had had sex yet and Meredith replied that they hadnt even kissed yet!

I wanted to slap Izzy last night when she went nutso. Im also not a fan of Georges girl the way she gets so snappy about everyone BUT George. I am starting to feel really sorry for Addison.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i know. i think addison handles the situation between mer. and her husband pretty well.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
The look on Addisons face last night after Meredith told her she was seeing the vet said it all... also feel bad about how she finally was able to get some stuff off her chest to Shepard, only it was the worst place possible b/c everyone heard.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
George''s girl definitely needs to be make the effort to be nice, at least tried at the end with Mer and the dog.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2006 10:36:35 AM
Did Denny actually sign the DNR order? In the preview for tonight, it showed him lying in bed, presumably unconscious, so my guess is that he did not sign the order. I have it on TiVo from last night so I will re-watch it.
2.gif

yes, I think he did

And what is up with George and the ortho doc? Does he actually like her? She is beginning to bug me as well. Can you tell I don't have much tolerance for anyone?
2.gif

I don't like her either. it would help if she'd be a bit nicer to everyone instead of yelling at mer when she asked about cancer in canines.

I read in an interview that Patrick Dempsey gave recently that McDreamy is going to start doing some things to make his less dreamy and more jerky. Why didn't Meredith just tell him (in last week's episode) that she helped the vet birth a horse and was at his place taking a shower? Or did she really sleep with the vet?
33.gif

she didn't sleep with the vet, but I thinks she's so hurt by der that she doesn't feel she owes him and explaination. makes for a good plot??[/u]

I am trying to figure this out -- is that Chris O'Donnell playing the vet?

yep, Chris playin the vet[/u]

Hubby thinks Denny will die, signing the dNR will turn into the end
39.gif

I like denny and think he's good looking. He runs in the same vein as Taylor Hicks for me. I thought izzy was going nutso but it was some great acting by her and denny. loved the scene...I'm going to be so sad if she ends up killing him. Is the intern that gets kicked out of the program leaving the show?

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Just after Izzy came in to tell Denny that he had a heart, a nurse walked in with the DNR for him to sign. They got into a fight. He said that this was it and he was sick of living this way and if he didn''t get this heart, then it was over. I don''t remember them actually showing him sign it, but I think he did. And I think that might be part of the reason that she went so nutso when the heart didn''t pull through. Later, just before she cut the plug, she was almost yelling that him that it was fine for him to go off and be in heaven and happy, but WHAT ABOUT HER!?

Does anyone remember seeing him sign the DNR on air? Or was it just implied? If he didn''t sign it and they just led us to think he did, that could change the way that things go tonight.

Why is it 9 1/2 hours away!? I want to watch it NOW!.
39.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I just went to the website to see if i can find him signing (nothing--just Izzy asking why he was signing it) and they are re-airing last nights episode at 8pm followed by the rest of it at 9 and 10!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Denny did sign the DNR paper from what I recall.

I thought that last night was the season finale! I thought jeez - what a cliffhanger to make us wait on. So glad to hear there''s another episode tonight!!!

I thought Izzy''s complete breakdown was sorta lame and kinda fake when she was begging Denny to let her stop his heart. I know he''s somewhat unstable and all but he seemed to be doing okay, and ''could live for years'' on whatever they were giving him.

I was a little irritated with George when the chick he''s dating said ''I love you'' and he basically ditches her right there to go help Izzy. Can''t like, hang back for a sec and give her something, not I love you if he can''t say it, but something, instead of just leaving her there?

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
question: our president is going to make a television appearance this evening to talk about immigration -- is this going to conflict?

i don''t know what time bush is scheduled to talk?!!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results