shape
carat
color
clarity

General Pet Peeves

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
This is in line with the other thread about irritating words, phrases, expressions......I learned from that thread that I have a lot of pet peeves, not just in the verbal department! Here are some of mine:

1) Toilet paper should always hang over the roll, not under. If it''s under, I need to turn it the correct way. Even if it''s in a public restroom, I''ll try to figure out how to turn the roll around.

2) Sloppily made sandwiches and burritos etc cannot be eaten as is. I need to open them up, re-organize everything before biting in.

3) Money in my wallet has to all face the same direction, and organized in ascending order of face value...$1''s then $5''s then $10''s etc etc.

4) Thong underwear cannot be worn to bed..they ride up and get uncomfortable, need grandma undies for bedtime.

I''m sure there''s more, but these are a few to start you guys off. Enjoy!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
My biggest peeve in life is when people don''t do what they say they are going to do.
29.gif

DiamondLil

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
When people call on the phone when they could have emailed.
I hate talking on the phone!
People that call me on my work cell phone at 8:30 when they know I dont start work until 9
6.gif
Pretty much people that call me on the phone at all :}

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bad drivers, windy days, flakers, constricting clothes where I feel like I can''t breathe (aka too tight sports bras), dry skin, slow internet connections, whiners, people who ask for advice then don''t listen to any of it...I could go on forever.
9.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
jasonsmom...you are just like me!

Other pp''s...
When I can hear the person talking really loud 3-4 cubes away...

When someone tries to talk to me, when they know I am watching tv...

When someone doesn''t respond to an email or voicemail in a timley manner (this mainly applies to work)...

oh and my favorite, when people go really slow through the grocery store and get the big carts instead of the smaller two-tiered cart thats much easier to navigate...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
When people call and ask me is your mother home?? I say I am the mom!!! Drives me nuts!!!

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
When people DON''T:
say thank you when you hold the door open
wave when you let them in during traffic
flush the toilet in a public bathroom
park between the lines
show up on time to appointments
cancel the appointment with more than 1 hour notice
listen to the instructions on my voice mail, and leave inappropriate messages, or get angry that I didn''t call back THAT DAY when my voice mail clearly says the hours I work
ask me before changing my work schedule, but tell me as an afterthought when it is too late to do anything about it

Is that enough for today?
37.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh where to begin?
1) Feet- Don''t like them, don''t put them on my furniture- don''t put them on my coffee table- don''t put em on me!!
emotion-39.gif

2) Celery on my salads.... heheheeee

3) stepping on somthing wet with socks on- some reason I ALWAYS find the ice cube someone dropped or the water that sloshed onto the floor during dishes.

and for the grand finale....... TEXAS DRIVERS, Hello?! If any of you are ever in Houston- DO NOT- REPEAT DO NOT go to the Galleria between 10am and 8 pm- you will take a hostage!! :)
29.gif
- ( it will test even a Saint)
23.gif

bopitaddict

Shiny_Rock
when driving, those people who wait until the LAST minute to merge.

people who honk their horns when there''s no place to go anyways.

and people who drive on the berm to pass people and then cut in...

i guess i spend too much time in my car...
face8.gif

oh yah, and loud cell phone talkers...
face22.gif

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Poor manners in general, but especially: not responding to an invitatation and not sending a thank you note

When new glassware/china/etc has a sticky price tag that will not peel off

A cluttered or dirty car interior

The grammatical errors I mentioned before (it''s/its, you''re/your, etc)

When people are driving in the right lane on a highway and don''t get over one lane to the left for merging traffic
29.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of my biggest pet peeves is when people stare back at me from their rear view or side mirror.

Another is when I'm shopping at a clothing store and the sales person asks if I'd like to save 10% by opening a credit account and my purchase is just a plain t-shirt for $30.95. Why would I hassle w/all the paperwork for a measly $3.95 savings?

Also, I'm becoming more and more annoyed that when I'm shopping at places like Bath and Body works and when they ask for my number and I say it's unlisted they don't take the hint and drop it, but instead argue on and on with me about how they're just going to send me coupons. I've refused to give them my info every time I've been in there (and I shop there once or twice a month) but they still got my address and sent me a coupon
20.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
When girls try and talk to me while I am in the WC....if I wanted to socialize I wouldn’t be using the restroom wait until IA m out and I will be much more likely to respond kindly.
- People who don’t use turn signals
-people who have their signal on 5 streets before they turn or just leave it on
- dunk alumni hitting on you during Gameday weekends
- people who tell you how much everything they are wearing costs, this okay if you are excited about the great 3$ flip flops you picked up at the Wal-Mart, it is annoying when you say "and my jeans were only 300$" no matter how much you have that is a lot.
- when someone has received a present and want to know how much it costs
-picking up your cell phone in class or in the library
-being mean to service people (check out girl, wait staff, flight attendant)
-when girls expect guys to pay for everything...if I am not your date I will pay for myself, but boys still out to open doors and what not
-when people call someone by their first name (I mean someone’s parents, professors, bosses...why cant people my age be as respectful)
-using foul language in front of small children
This one is college only but it is so obnoxious when people who never show up for class complain about their grade or not knowing something on the test.

Okay I am done.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
My big pet peeve is people who follow me to my car in a parking lot, and proceed to sit there and wait for me to leave! Once when I was shopping at the mall, I took a few bags to the car so that I wouldn''t have to carry them through the rest of the mall. Sure enough, some lady (I use that term loosely) followed me all the way from the entrance of the mall to my car. She pulled up right behind me, and I tried to wave her on, but she wouldn''t budge. So I shrugged and unlocked the car and started putting my shopping bags inside. This whole time she''s sitting there, revving her motor. When I finished putting my bags in the car, I locked it up and headed back for the mall, at which point she rolled down her window and shouted obscenities at me. THEN she gunned her motor like she was going to run me down and peeled out of the lot. I was a little scared for a moment!

My feeling is that the parking spot is MINE until I''m ready to leave. I don''t like it when people think they can intimidate me into leaving quicker than I''m ready. Sometimes I want to touch up my lipstick, make a phone call, take an aspirin, or some other thing that would be better done while the car is parked as opposed to when I''m driving. I''m always polite and smile and wave the person on if I know I''m going to be a few mintues, but some people can be really rude.

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/22/2005 1:27:14 PM
Author: Rebemdee
When people DON''T:
Oh Rebemdee, that is one of my biggest pet peeves.... basic manners !

If I am having a bad day and open the door for someone and they don''t say thankyou or at least smile I have been known to say to them "I''m sorry did you say something?" they reply "no" so I smile and sweetly reply "oh I thought you said thank you !".

I have horrified a few friends doing this but boy does it feel good!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
mightyred,
That''s a good one, I''m going to try that.
2.gif

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

Okay more things for my pet peeve list.

1) People who lick their fingers when turning pages of a book.
2) Guys who scratch themselves in the crotch, and think no one is looking
3) People who take forever to decide on a menu item, and holds up the whole group
4) People who run their mouth off about cultural things that they don’t know about eg. My SIL who is Korean, asked me (Chinese) if I’m going to wear a Kimono for my wedding. Also when I told someone that I’m from Taiwan, they exclaimed : “Oh, I love Thai food!”

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Rebemdee hit a lot of them for me already:

When people DON''T:
wave when you let them in during traffic
flush the toilet in a public bathroom
park between the lines
show up on time to appointments
Add to that:
1) People in the grocery store who stop their cart in the MIDDLE of the aisle and walk off, blocking the entire aisle.

2) Lost drivers on a one lane road who go 10 miles an hour looking at all the street signs, yet refuse to pull over and let the long line of cars building up behind them pass.

3) The first car at a red light who doesn''t notice when the light turns green.

4) During a traffic jam, people who drive on the shoulder to pass everyone and then remerge. I don''t mind if they''re in the shoulder if they''re about to exit.

5) A group of 3+ people who have to walk side by side, hogging the entire sidewalk as they chatter away and walk SO SLOWLY.

6) Bosses who lay down certain rules for their employees, yet don''t follow it themselves.

7) People who make promises they don''t keep.

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/22/2005 5:13:35 PM
Author: mightyred

Date: 4/22/2005 1:27:14 PM
Author: Rebemdee
When people DON''T:
Oh Rebemdee, that is one of my biggest pet peeves.... basic manners !

If I am having a bad day and open the door for someone and they don''t say thankyou or at least smile I have been known to say to them ''I''m sorry did you say something?'' they reply ''no'' so I smile and sweetly reply ''oh I thought you said thank you !''.

I have horrified a few friends doing this but boy does it feel good!

I have a friend who, when somebody doesn''t say thank you, immediately lets go of the door. He told me, "They have lost door opening priviledges," but I think that''s a bit overdone. I say "YOU''RE WELCOME" really loud, and they usually mumble thanks or ignore me, but at least they know it was a faux paus not to extend courtesy back.

I totally agree with the peeve of calling people by first name. I look fairly young, so a lot of patients call me by first name, and it annoys the heck out of me. I introduce myself as "Dr. X", not by first name, and I don''t call patients by first name unless they request I do. When I correct by saying, "I prefer Dr. X,", it makes me seem snotty.
7.gif

Another pet peeve: driving up a parking garage ramp and people stop at the top of the ramp to look for parking before proceeding, so I have to wait on the ramp until they decide to move on. I hate this more when I''m driving a stick shift.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone has listed good ones! Many of those are mine too. Here are some of mine:

as I''ve said a few times, overly pushy salespeople

when people don''t say "exuse me" or "thank you''s"

people who don''t hold doors for you, but rather, let them slam back in your face

guys who think that "you''re looking all kinds of good", " hey baby, how you doing?" and " damn girl, your a fine piece of a**" actually works on women!
20.gif
Am I supposed to swoon and giggle??
29.gif

On that same topic, being at a club dancing with your girls and having some pervert come up behind you and start grinding his pelvis ( and other things...) against you. I''ve actually been tempted to have security throw these a**holes out.

people who swear or talk loudly in public

slow/bad drivers, especially when they are making a turn and feel the need to come to a complete stop before turning
29.gif

when I say something to someone and they don''t hear me. I don''t mind repeating once, but if they don''t hear it the second time, I DO NOT repeat again. You''ll just never know what I was trying to say then....

winter

women who think that being a wife and mother is all there is to life
20.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2005 5:40
6.gif
1 PM
Author: Cath

3) The first car at a red light who doesn''t notice when the light turns green.
That bothers me too, but on the flip side it also bothers me when people start honking their horns the very second the light turns green. I''m like, "duh...it takes a fraction of a second to take my foot off the brake and step on the gas!"

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
OOOH THIS IS FUN!!!

In no particular order...my top five!

1) People who make weird gestures and noises while eating.

2) Anyone who drives a mini-van like in an 18 wheeler. You don''t need to pull out to the right to make that left hand turn.

3) People who assume that because they have a Masters or a Doctorate that they are intelligent. School smarts don''t compete with Street smarts. Never underestimate one''s itelligence.

4) People that whine about how horrible their lives are, how fat they are, how everything always goes wrong FOR THEM. We all have our own issues, right?

5) Sitcoms. You miss one and you''re screwed. Well...I guess not in Canada where Courtney Cox will live on forever in our televisions until I am in a nursing home when I am still pondering why she ever left Tom Selleck go in the first place and my hair still doesn''t look like Jennifer Anistons holy crap who cares. Sorry...a little Friday stress vent:))

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Two more pet peeves. When a person puts the comma or period outside the quotations "kitty cat", instead of inside "kitty cat," GRRRR!!!

lol

Oh, and I just returned from the mall and thought of another one (yes, I don't have a life
3.gif
). . .When it's sunny out and after a sales person asks how you are and you politely ask how they are, the person ALWAYS says, "I'd rather be outside." OOOH, this inferiorates me. I have no idea why, but it does. . .Also, when it's nice out, sales people are always extremely rude.

Ah, I'm very grouchy. . .it IS nice outside, but traffic sucks and I'm not looking forward to it taking 1/2 hour to drive to my kids' daycare, which is 10 miles from here, so I'm procrastinating. . .

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People who are chronically late.

Liars.

Folks who park their shopping carts in the middle of the grocery aisle and wander off.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
1) When a dreaded meeting is about to end, and the same person always has questions... keeping every one there for thirty more minutes.
2) When someone pulls out in front of me when there is no one behind me... why couldn''t they wait for one more second... then they go slow.
3) When someone parks their grocery cart in front of the grocery freezer doors so I can''t get when I need.
4) When a customer service person isn''t friendly... their job is to be friendly!
5) When I visit a gym and get harassed about joining up...that I have to join right then to get a great deal. Then...I hear on t.v. that the ''one day deal'' is a promotion lasting all month. This was Gold''s Gym.
6) When furniture salesmen are so nice to you in the store until you make the purchase. Then, if you have problems, they don''t return your calls.
7) When a person stands too close to me to talk...then when I back up, they keep getting closer.
8) When I get an alvocado and it''s brown inside instead of green.
9) When the fruit at the supermarket is moldy... there is no excuse for that!!
10) When I ask someone to correct something at work that they messed up...and they don''t do it. I have started putting their boss''s names on the reminder email! But...if this same person wants something from me...they want it done right then.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2005 8:49:14 PM
Author: CanadianGal
My big time pet peeve is the sound nail clippers make! AHHHHH!
11.gif
14.gif
My mom also hates the sound of nail clippers. She says it''s worse than fingernails on a chalk board.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2005 5
6.gif
7:40 PM
Author: sjz
My big pet peeve is people who follow me to my car in a parking lot, and proceed to sit there and wait for me to leave! Once when I was shopping at the mall, I took a few bags to the car so that I wouldn't have to carry them through the rest of the mall. Sure enough, some lady (I use that term loosely) followed me all the way from the entrance of the mall to my car. She pulled up right behind me, and I tried to wave her on, but she wouldn't budge. So I shrugged and unlocked the car and started putting my shopping bags inside. This whole time she's sitting there, revving her motor. When I finished putting my bags in the car, I locked it up and headed back for the mall, at which point she rolled down her window and shouted obscenities at me. THEN she gunned her motor like she was going to run me down and peeled out of the lot. I was a little scared for a moment!

My feeling is that the parking spot is MINE until I'm ready to leave. I don't like it when people think they can intimidate me into leaving quicker than I'm ready. Sometimes I want to touch up my lipstick, make a phone call, take an aspirin, or some other thing that would be better done while the car is parked as opposed to when I'm driving. I'm always polite and smile and wave the person on if I know I'm going to be a few mintues, but some people can be really rude.
sjz this reminded me that one of my biggest pet peeves are people who get into their cars and sit there forever when they know other people are waiting! and of course don't signal to me to say they see me there at least.

i always try to be courteous if i know someone is waiting for my spot, esp since at malls here the parking is just INSANE and you are lucky to ever find a spot any time of the year not to mention that rush of happiness when you have found one or someone walking to their car...Greg actually feels the same way you do, he gets irritated when people sit there and wait for the spot and/or honk etc...but I am the opposite...the person who is tapping their foot waiting thinking, ANOTHER coat of lipstick?
9.gif

though if no one is behind me or I can pull off to the side and wait, I am usually more patient, but if 3 other cars are backed up behind me while i wait for the person in the car to get off the cell or something...that bugs.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
a few more...
9.gif

encroaching on personal space, aka waiting in line and the person behind you is so close you can feel their breath on your neck (ew!); people who run over your toes with their baby carriages and then don't say sorry; people who take their kids out in public when they can't behave and then proceed to ignore the bad behavior; people who want to touch pregnant bellies; people who don't signal before turning; and touchy-feely people...aka those who want to hug you/kiss your cheek/touch you when they see you or are saying good-bye....i only do that with the closest people in my life.

bad spellers!!! again..spell-check or dictionary.com is a treasure not to be overlooked.

oh and one more! men who whistle at or call out to women on the street. this ticks me off. do they REALLY feel that's flattering to you? it's just embarassing.
20.gif

i better stop now...hee hee!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Littering

Leaving the shopping cart in the middle of the parking lot

tailgating

Rude drivers in general

Overgeneralizations

People who seem like they are oblivious to anyone else in society - i.e. no excuse me or thank you - these people think you are on the planet to serve them.

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
And on the subject of littering...

Why do some smokers think it''s okay to throw their butts out the car window?

Bleck! I hate that!
29.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results