shape
carat
color
clarity

found my absolute dream solitare set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
The young bride in me found her dream set today LOL IF I was soon to be engaged and seeking a new *set* - this is the ONLY set that I have love love loved enough that I'd buy it, not alter it a SINGLE bit, but no regrets, I think it's too delicate for the size stone I bought and I think it looks better with a round, but if I were in the market for a 1 carat round set I'd snap this up in a heartbeat it's *perfectly* "me". The two rings are different but complimentary - the way they're designed they sit totally flush, both rings look amazing and interesting alone AND together You can get a good sense of the wedding band with the two twining wires with the *tiniest* of tiny milgrain on each side of each wire.... also on the e-ring. The e-ring however doesn't have the same twining thing.... it has just one overlap that crosses then up to hold the stone. The prongs are a bit on the big side but that is *all* forgiven when you see the profile of this ring in person and the totally naked held stone hovering over the metal band... omg.... :D Plus in person the prongs look like parts of a plant/flower opening to the diamond.... it's so delicate (too delicate for *me* probably lol) in person and the milgrain is sooooo tiny and delicate (like ritani) and just.... I love this. There's even a part of me that thinks maybe I should have saved half of my money, got this and a 1 carat ACA, and used the rest to go to europe for a couple weeks in style..... oh well LOL There are actually several other rings I really like here....

http://www.sholdtdesign.com/rc206.htm

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

cbdreamring.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really beautiful and unique, Cehra. I''m debating about a new set myself. But I have to be sure I am never going to change my diamond before I take the leap!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous set Cehra! What are you doing to yourself, lol!
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a really beautiful set, Cehra! I liked a lot of the rings on that website, too. I''ve never come across it before...I really like the E/W marquise setting and the semi bezel looking settings, too. (The ones that look like I think facetfire''s.)

For my second engagement ring, I''ll keep them in mind!
3.gif
I''ve been telling my fiance I need two e-rings since I love so many diamond shapes and settings! Plus I decided maybe we should get re-engaged every year on our engagement anniversary so I can have a new e-ring every year! Hahaha...I''m full of great ideas that will never happen!
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s really lovely! But I love their designs in general... and apparently they have great quality too. Nice!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2007 12:06:17 AM
Author: thing2of2
That''s a really beautiful set, Cehra! I liked a lot of the rings on that website, too. I''ve never come across it before...I really like the E/W marquise setting and the semi bezel looking settings, too. (The ones that look like I think facetfire''s.)

3.gif
I''ve been telling my fiance I need two e-rings since I love so many diamond shapes and settings! Plus I decided maybe we should get re-engaged every year on our engagement anniversary so I can have a new e-ring every year! Hahaha...I''m full of great ideas that will never happen!
9.gif
That''s one of the best ideas I''ve ever heard, ha! TG for wedding anniversaries, now all we have to do is hope Debeers creates a concept similar to that--maybe they could call it the "re-ring."
31.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2007 12:09:42 AM
Author: monarch64
Date: 6/1/2007 12:06:17 AM

Author: thing2of2

3.gif
9.gif
That''s one of the best ideas I''ve ever heard, ha! TG for wedding anniversaries, now all we have to do is hope Debeers creates a concept similar to that--maybe they could call it the ''re-ring.''
31.gif

Hahaha...I''m glad you like my idea, monarch! My fiance was not that impressed with it, but I was! Let''s pitch it to DeBeers and make it socially acceptable! Hahaha...re-ring, I like that!
11.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
You guys are so funny. And did I mention I like the way you think???
27.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can I have this set as my re-ring?
*SWOON*

EtiennePerret_Mhighhalo.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2007 11:08:44 PM
Author:Cehrabehra
The young bride in me found her dream set today LOL IF I was soon to be engaged and seeking a new *set* - this is the ONLY set that I have love love loved enough that I''d buy it, not alter it a SINGLE bit, but no regrets, I think it''s too delicate for the size stone I bought and I think it looks better with a round, but if I were in the market for a 1 carat round set I''d snap this up in a heartbeat it''s *perfectly* ''me''. The two rings are different but complimentary - the way they''re designed they sit totally flush, both rings look amazing and interesting alone AND together You can get a good sense of the wedding band with the two twining wires with the *tiniest* of tiny milgrain on each side of each wire.... also on the e-ring. The e-ring however doesn''t have the same twining thing.... it has just one overlap that crosses then up to hold the stone. The prongs are a bit on the big side but that is *all* forgiven when you see the profile of this ring in person and the totally naked held stone hovering over the metal band... omg.... :D Plus in person the prongs look like parts of a plant/flower opening to the diamond.... it''s so delicate (too delicate for *me* probably lol) in person and the milgrain is sooooo tiny and delicate (like ritani) and just.... I love this. There''s even a part of me that thinks maybe I should have saved half of my money, got this and a 1 carat ACA, and used the rest to go to europe for a couple weeks in style..... oh well LOL There are actually several other rings I really like here....

http://www.sholdtdesign.com/rc206.htm

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
That is stunning! I''ve always loved twisted rings...
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is indeed a very pretty set. Different, and very feminine.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2007 12:37:47 AM
Author: Gypsy
Can I have this set as my re-ring?

*SWOON*

Gypsy-YUM!!!!!!! I love the Etienne Perret bezels! And E/W settings kill me! They''re right up there on my re-ring list! I also love the Ritani endless love settings with and without the halos...so dainty! And I''m really into the WF legato setting that cinnamon just got. Of course, anything by Leon Mege makes me swoon, but if I want to put my re-ring plan into action, I can''t be dropping that much $ on the setting!

The only real flaw in the re-ring plan is that I won''t wanna give up my current e-ring...I just want more e-rings! An entire e-ring collection would be perfect, really.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Great site! I''ve never come across them before! I love the rings! The twisted rope look is one of my favs! Is it bad that I am already thinking about a second ring and he hasn''t even handed over the first one yet? LOL!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2007 12:06:06 AM
Author: monarch64
That is a gorgeous set Cehra! What are you doing to yourself, lol!
9.gif
omg I know!! I was shopping with a friend and found this in an unexpected place and was just so drawn to it... I love things that coordinate but don''t match, like plaids and paisleys that go together but aren''t the same and when I looked down and saw this ring of two totally independent parts that fit like a glove and were each unique and yet complimentary I just about died.

Is it too late? LOL!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So Cehra, refresh my memory but how''s your project with Ocean coming along?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2007 1:11:25 PM
Author: Chrono
so far so good! This thread was not a reflection of the ring I''m having made, I still love MY diamond and this ring. But I do love the set above and if I were to have a more traditonal set this would be THE one.

Ocean and I are in very frequent contact and have a special, albeit peculiar for jeweler/client, relationship. There have been a few miscommunications which would have not been there had we been in person or even maybe had we been able to use the... oh good lord I gotta go, I''m freaking out!!! a spider just ran down the screen on my laptop and I jumped away, it rand over my keyboard, around back up and down my monitor and I grabbed a kleenex and it squeezed into the vents on the side and is now INSIDE my laptop........ more later GOT TO GO CREEEEEEPY SPIDER GONNA GRAB MY FINGERS!!!!!!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
omg, I''m in my office now.... I don''t know if I can ever use my laptop again!!!!!!!! lol

What was the question??

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/1/2007 5:03:13 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 6/1/2007 1:11:25 PM
Author: Chrono
so far so good! This thread was not a reflection of the ring I''m having made, I still love MY diamond and this ring. But I do love the set above and if I were to have a more traditonal set this would be THE one.

Ocean and I are in very frequent contact and have a special, albeit peculiar for jeweler/client, relationship. There have been a few miscommunications which would have not been there had we been in person or even maybe had we been able to use the... oh good lord I gotta go, I''m freaking out!!! a spider just ran down the screen on my laptop and I jumped away, it rand over my keyboard, around back up and down my monitor and I grabbed a kleenex and it squeezed into the vents on the side and is now INSIDE my laptop........ more later GOT TO GO CREEEEEEPY SPIDER GONNA GRAB MY FINGERS!!!!!!!!!
Ooohhhhh....don''t do that! Just as I was reading your post a loose hair fell on my arm and I went to slapping and wiggling so bad I looked like I was having a siezure. What''s worse, my hair is blonde so I couldn''t see anything....just felt it and kept feeling it....that "spider-tickle"... I had wiggled my chair completely into the middle of the room before I figured it out.

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful, Cehra! How wide do you think the bands are?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2007 6:46:12 AM
Author: Peachy
Beautiful, Cehra! How wide do you think the bands are?
hmmm.... I dunno... I''m not sensitive to that but they did seem delicate to me. I would say the two together (they sit VERY flush) are 5-6mm. My wedding band that I was wearing is 4mm and they were each definitely thinner though together I think they were bigger but only by 1-2mm. It is more bulky than just two little tiny 2mm bands but it was awesome - the wedding band is DEFINITELY stand alone as is the e-ring. Together they just fit. I told my husband about it last night LOL

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful set, they have a lot of well made and pretty designs on that site. Minimalist, but very pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results