shape
carat
color
clarity

Forums - what others do you subscribe to?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been on pricescope for about a year and visit a million times a day (according to my dh) but i''m not always vocal and my meagre tally of 240 posts or whatever is testement to that.

What I''m interested to know is what other forums people frequent apart from PS?

My other passion is my car so I often visit my bug forums!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
PS is the only
emlove.gif
for me

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is posted twice, so Po, you might want to message the Admin to ask that one be deleted.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't really post elsewhere--PS is my achilles heel.

I frequent an iPhone forum for ideas/help with my phone, and a purse forum (my other weakness--BAGS!). I have a bunch of others I visit for career advice. All lurking or close to.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I feel like I am on here a million times per day, too! Other than PS, the only other forum I visit on a regular basis is for military spouses, and that''s another multi-time per day site as well, lol!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I post on Makeup Alley! lol It''s a silly forum, but it''s nice brainless entertainment for when my kids are playing video games (which they''re only allowed to play on friday & sat nights) and I need to keep an eye on them.

I''m hoping to find a third forum to read on to diversify as I have enough makeup and I am not wanting to be so caught up in having-it-all jewelry wise
2.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I only really visit PS, but I do belong to the purse forum, but seldom post or go there unless there is a bag I am interested in and I want to see pictures IRL.

Otherwise I will just stay here, but I don''t post as much as most people do. It''s funny, but I am actually one of the oldest members here, I joined in Jan. 2003, but I have not posted that much. Over the course of time, I have had three screen names, but rather than just changing names, I signed on as a new user and so I lost the older posts to the old screen names.

I suppose if we combined the other two screen names, I would have a lot more posts.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I frequented a travel forum for many years (since 99, I think) but stopped that about 4 years ago. It was a bummer not to be traveling as much as I wanted to.

Before I found PS, I also was involved in a private forum where I was invited by some of the women from the travel forum. I left that forum a year or so ago when things started to get scary and I disagreed with what was going on.

So pretty much PS for me. I don''t need any more distractions other than PS, since I DO have to work during the day, just one "water cooler" is fine!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2008 1:11:56 PM
Author: butterfly 17
I only really visit PS, but I do belong to the purse forum, but seldom post or go there unless there is a bag I am interested in and I want to see pictures IRL.

Otherwise I will just stay here, but I don't post as much as most people do. It's funny, but I am actually one of the oldest members here, I joined in Jan. 2003, but I have not posted that much. Over the course of time, I have had three screen names, but rather than just changing names, I signed on as a new user and so I lost the older posts to the old screen names.

I suppose if we combined the other two screen names, I would have a lot more posts.
You were also on another diamond forum, weren't you? I remember way back when and then they banned a bunch of us for participating in a poll that caused an uproar! lol They eventually unbanned us, but I never went back
9.gif
I don't even remember what my username was.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I post/lurk on Gemmology Online - but that''s mainly for my FGA.

They have tutors who do online things on Saturdays a bit like Wink TV.

It''s not really a consumer forum though - more about scientific bits on rocks. It''s useful - but not really chatty like PS. I have seen a few names I recognise there though!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Over the course of time, I have had three screen names, but rather than just changing names, I signed on as a new user and so I lost the older posts to the old screen names.

Mee too!!!
I became leary of my then bf learning of my name so he started searching for my posts.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Somethingawful.com specifically GBS/ Watch and Weight/ Ask and Tell/ and TV-IV

Sportbikes.net

600rr.net (specific forum for my bike which is a Honda CBR 600rr)

I can''t think of anything else I really frequent. I had one that I loved and was on all the time but I left because there was wayyyyy too much drama.
20.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2008 1:20:38 PM
Author: MC

Otherwise I will just stay here, but I don''t post as much as most people do. It''s funny, but I am actually one of the oldest members here, I joined in Jan. 2003, but I have not posted that much. Over the course of time, I have had three screen names, but rather than just changing names, I signed on as a new user and so I lost the older posts to the old screen names.

You were also on another diamond forum, weren''t you? I remember way back when and then they banned a bunch of us for participating in a poll that caused an uproar! lol They eventually unbanned us, but I never went back
9.gif
I don''t even remember what my username was.

Yes I remember being banned. It was kind of dumb really. I think it had something to do with a poll about one member ( I don''t even know if a name was mentioned) who was very outspoken or something and argumentative and the poll asked if you would ban this member or not. I think I put that I would and lo and behold, they banned me.

Maybe to prove a point, like, now you know how it feels to be banned or something, but really strange since it was a poll posted by a member and allowed to stay on by the moderators, even though apparently they didn''t think it was right that this poll was being conducted. Why allow the poll to stay on then? But they did and then just banned people who clicked on banning the person.

They eventually banned that person anyway.

I remember your username, it had something to do with where you live and that you are a mom.
2.gif

It''s funny, but that site is so sad now. All it is is advertising for companies that are no longer allowed here on PS. Have you noticed that?

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2008 2:23:03 PM
Author: Starset Princess

Over the course of time, I have had three screen names, but rather than just changing names, I signed on as a new user and so I lost the older posts to the old screen names.

Mee too!!!
I became leary of my then bf learning of my name so he started searching for my posts.

I changed my name because I was having a problem with cookies with the other name and so decided the easiest thing was for me to start a new name.

I just checked the old name and I only had 800+ posts, so that still makes it only 2100+ posts for me. I need to start posting more!
2.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Pricescope and Specktra! I will prob visit Knot from time to time as I am about to get wedding planning going..... Any other good wedding planning forum you would suggest? Thanks!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
zhu, indiebride.com is supposedly fabbo, but I didn''t hear about it until after our wedding. Watch out for the knotties, they can get REALLY aggressive! I was not too thrilled with some of the things I read there - it''s such a large community and I think that makes people think they can say whatever they want.

I pretty much stick just to PS, but it''s interesting to see what else others go to! Neat thread!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
PS would be my addiction however I''m also on tripadvisor and the purse forum. I don''t post much on the purse forum though.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2008 2:24:04 PM
Author: baby monster
I lurk on televisionwithoutpity.com. It''s hilarious
2.gif
AHA! TWOP! I love it! I read the entire series of Gilmore Girls even though I''ve seen every episode twice. I don''t talk on the forums but I registered so that I can at least read them.
16.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My other "home" is a mini cooper forum. I used to go there for mini information, but now that I know it all (
25.gif
) I mostly hang around the more social parts of the site.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2008 5:52:57 PM
Author: bee*
I don''t post much on the purse forum though.
I am a member of PS and the purse forum.

Bee, that is funny ''cause although I am registered on the tPF I have never posted. It seems to me that the mean age there is very low and I feel very uncomfortable expressing a POV and possibly upsetting or enabling a child.
38.gif

Like PS, I lurk constantly on tPF.

My name is Steel and I am a Lurk-a-holic!
31.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Mostly I''m on PS, all day, off and on.
I''ve been reading for years, so I feel I
know all of you.

But I do check in on other jewelry forums, but
those are often slow as molasses and I don''t post
there.

I do read EDS for skin care and check out the
Purse forum on occasion.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
I read the forums at the Motley Fool, but I never post. I also read the forums at the Chronicle of Higher Education, but again, I almost never post.

My real addiction is the Perfect World.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2008 9:35:14 AM
Author:Po10472
I've been on pricescope for about a year and visit a million times a day (according to my dh) but i'm not always vocal and my meagre tally of 240 posts or whatever is testement to that.

What I'm interested to know is what other forums people frequent apart from PS?

My other passion is my car so I often visit my bug forums!
Hello fellow VW owner! (Well, I've owned a VAG of one sort or another for the past 16 years - TT Roadster right now.)

I'm a former www.vwvortex.com regular. I think I've been a member since 1998.
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, I''m a forum member of many different places, but very few where I post.

VW Vortex
North Texas Audi Group
Lurker on tpf
A very large spin-off forum from H-A.net - I have like 25k posts over 5 years on that one.
Local VW board.
Club Dub

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Just PS for me...I can barely keep up on here, so can''t imagine where I''d find the time to keep up on another forum!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2008 8:47:19 PM
Author: Harleigh
Just PS for me...I can barely keep up on here, so can''t imagine where I''d find the time to keep up on another forum!
Me too.. exactly! Like two peas in a pod (or something like that)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
PS is it for me....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results