shape
carat
color
clarity

For fun: What are your Top 3 favorite e-ring styles?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After being on the boards A LOT this past week (thank you, bronchitis), it''s become even more painfully apparent that I love lots and lots of different ring styles. I like almost everything I see in the SMTR forum!

So think hard.....if money were not an issue and you could pick 3 e-rings to own simultaneously right now, which ones would you choose? Rank them 1 to 3.
2.gif
Describe in detail and feel free to include imaginary diamond specs. Pictures optional.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my!!!

i''ll have to work on this over the weekend and really think about it. i mean only THREE. that''s going to take some paring down of the ole ring wish list..
31.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Well........
1. Mara''s design
2. Split shank with princess, radiant or cusion(someone just posted one somewhere on PS)
3. Katie Holmes Ering(NOT her man though
14.gif
)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pad2s.jpg

This style/ring Pad Sapphire owned by Art Nouveau. Hope she doesn''t mind me reposting without permission.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh oooh Can I have four??? Please??? Well I will exclude my current style (antique style with rounds) because that would take up #1 so now I can make my wish list of three:

1-Solitaire round brilliant, 2.5 to 3 carats, with platinum shared prong eternity band a la signed pieces or memoire with twenty pointers, eternity, with matching band.
30.gif

2-3 carat ideal cut princess solitaire in platinum channel set princess setting, with matching channel set princess wedding band that sits impeccably flush. non eternity. Total width would be big! (8mm or so...love wide sets)
31.gif

3-3 carat ideal cut asscher in tiffany lucida style x prong platinum wide setting with either a plain platinum matching band, or an asscher cut matching eternity band. Yeah thats it!
9.gif

***sighs and dreams***

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ECband.jpg

This style of ring with ER cuts: but this ring belongs to DiDiamond; hope she doesn''t get upset about me reposting her beautiful ring without permission. I''d also post her wonderful RB with side pears if I could find it alone, but alas I could not. (group pic only) That would be my other choice!

cheers--Sharon

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Oh, this is tough.

1) Asscher in an x-prong setting. Or with side traps. Or with side baguettes. Or in a basket setting. Hmmm.
2) Kaleigh''s round with pear sides. Yum.
3) Three stone ring with ECs.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
this one is easy for me because I actually have them in a folder in hopes that hubby will choose on for my future e-ring
1.gif

1. Micheal b 3 sided pave petite princess
2. Daniel K cushion - split crown (the one I tried on at pearlman''s)
3. A 3 stone exactly like the one your getting from Leon (or one like Kaleigh''s would be fine too
2.gif
)

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Okay- there is no way I could only pick three.

But here goes "some" of my favorites!

classic six prong solitaire
31.gif

ET1.JPG

huge honkin princess
30.gif

slh1.gif

round with pears
9.gif

oran.JPG

and a three stone cushion
11.gif

fivefive.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
oh yeah-
a three stone round
didi.jpg

awww heck, I love em all..............
30.gif
41.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My #1 favorite would have to be:
Emerald cut emerald (as in the green stone) of 2+carats with trap sidestones set in simple plat.
#2 4c RB set in 6 (miniscule) prong, plain 3mm band
#3 emerald cut 3c diamond with 1ctw sidestones in simple plat. setting
36.gif
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol sevens!!

actually i totally agree with the PJ amazing set...yummolicious!! that is definitely one of mine, the classic large honking solitaire with beautiful eternity band! on a size 3 finger preferrably!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~1. 3 Stone Round (or Oval maybe)
2. Classic Round Solitaire
3. Round, Princess, Radiant, Cushion, Asscher, or EC in a pave'' setting

~~Whew!! That was fun!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. 3-stone Leon creation with 3.56 c center round and pear sides, double claw prongs.
2.gif

2. 3-stone EC with 3.5c center stones flanked by 2 ctw EC sides, double claw prongs.
3. Toss-up between elongated cushion or OMC, at least 3 ct. Set in platinum pave.

Of course, this could change by tomorrow morning.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Solitaire all by itself (no side stones, no pave'', no halo)
2. Solitaire with tapered baguettes
3. Solitaire with any type of side stones

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Top three...That''s easy! Now convincing DH that I need them all is the tricky part...But, I have a plan
31.gif

1.Three stone with RB or oval center and pear sides.
2.Antique halo styles (this is what I currently have).
3.HUGE solitaire with eternity band (ala Jcrow or you Kristy)

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
This is easy:
I'd keep my solitaire, get a cushion in a split-shank setting and a three-stone asscher or an asscher with traps.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Interesting how many are going for the classics...Me too!

For an Ering:
Well balanced threestone (ECs are my fav)
Classic solitaire with or without small sides
W-band:
complimentary eternity band

I''d save pave for RHRs....

widget

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Just three....

1. Would have to be a RB solitaire with pave band with or without a halo
2. 3 stone RB in x-prong or trellis setting
3. I''ve recently discovered Calla Cut diamonds and have fallen in love with this ring.

02-W11-035439%20left%20%20R11-035439%20right%20copy.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
1. Leon Mege
2. Leon Mege
3. Leon Mege

Seriously though,

1. Pave on the side with a simple head
2. Solitaire with eternity band
3. Halo (such as Reena''s Leon Mege, Ritani endless love, etc)

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Awww shucks sevens... and LOL at the tag line...you ARE batman...

My fav look without a doubt is the princess solitaire and the princess band...that is what I had originally...and I still love it...

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh my Kristy- FUN POLL!!!

My top 3 faves would be:

1. 3+ ct EC, plat solitaire setting with double claw prongs, similar to my setting now, just bigger rock! Maybe a 3 stone later on...

2. 2-3 ct cushion, pave band.

3. 3+ ct round with pear sides, like Kaleigh''s and Kristy''s soon-to-be monster bling!

Geez, I can go on and on!!! Do we really only have 3 choices????
emwink.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s so fun to read everyone''s responses! Yup, ONLY 3 choices! (ok well, I guess I cheated when I said "cushion OR OMC" for one of my choices)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok I think I''ve got it. as kristy said, this could change by the hour or the day....hehe.

1--big honking solitaire with an eternity ring, just like precious jewels set
2--mark morrell tapered pave in cathedral arms leading up to a big honking solitaire stone, like mrs jam''s ring
3--big royal asscher in a solitaire split prong setting but with micropave leading up the cathedral only and some micropave on the head basket, but that''s it, maybe split shank as well

i''m assuming our own sets already count as #0?
11.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big honkin' round solitaire for sure with double split prongs and a basket setting - similar to the HW type setting which I have.
30.gif

Huge at least 8 ct EC set in plat with a plain band and side baguettes
27.gif

Enormous Royal Asscher in plat with traps!
face20.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Okay, my 3 are:

1. The style I have: round in a basket, platinum with bead-set diamonds (with milgrain). I absolutely adore this look...that's why I chose it!
2. Asscher in a double-claw prong basket, platinum
3. Cushion in a ritani-thin, split shank pave setting, platinum

30.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
HOW FUN!!!

Okay..
I have to say..
1) A ring just like mine. :) (three stone all rounds, with a treillis type setting.. but no bars... and only three prongs on the side stones)
2) A BIG emerald cut solitare (or three stone, or with baguette or trap sides.. not too picky.. )
3) A BIG RB with the pave band..

lol.. notice how all the rings except mine have to be BIG.. :)

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Just three is hard...

1) Honker EC (3-5cts) in a simple but artfully done solitaire setting (ala Leon Mege, Mark Morrell, etc) w/ maybe some pave on the basket or similar to dress it up
2) Large RB with smaller RBs eternity in ring and matching eternity band (Jennifer's rings, Matatora's old ring)
3) Pear 3-stone ring with RB eternity band like Jessica Simpson's (I have the 3-stone, just not an eternity)

Must add: RHR Pick: Lovey asscher OR Reena cushion (but I wouldn't turn it away in an E-ring!)

midgirl

Shiny_Rock
1) 2 c round F color VVs1 all angles perfect and very aprkly RB in an eternity setting with milgrain 2.5 mm band

2) Kaleigh''s round with pear sides (I LOVE LOVE LOVE her ring!!)

3) A 3 c emerald cut VVs1 D color with faint flour tapered baguettes on each side 1 carat total weight color and clarity the same

all platinum!! 2.7 mm band with slight engraving

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results