shape
carat
color
clarity

Firey day in my town

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was watching the news about a huge fire burning in Ashland, Oregon (15 miles from me)when I lost electricity. Next thing I see is a huge cloud of smoke billowing up over my back fence. Looked like the fire was 2 blocks away -- it''s a bit farther than that but sure is scary. Both fires are out of control due to high winds. Things are bone dry here due to lack of rain. Folks are being evacuated. Send PS fairy dust to our little section of the state. I pray no lives are lost.

smokiesky.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!! Dust, dust, dust, . . .

I hope those flames stay away!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Dust for your town....

I hope you''re leaving Matata? Unless you know how to protect yourself and your property, and have another source of water in case they tap the mains supply you should go as early as you can.

The fires near my family this year caught a lot of people who tried to outrun them
7.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Just get out! Nothing in your home is worth dying for.

We lost hundreds of lives in Victoria Australia here last year, the fire moved so unbelievably fast. Those who thought they would be totally safe were dead, some within minutes. Sheer devastation. It''s not worth the risk.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best thing is to have a plan what you want to take when you get out. We have lived thru some major fires and my husband is ALWAYS gone fighting them somewhere else! Every single time!! Much dust and prayers for you! My hubby lost 2 friends in the last So. Cal fire! God bless! Please please dont wait to get
out!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I live in fear of this every summer in drought-stricken Texas. Thankfully, we''re now getting rain enough to really help our own situation.

Here''s prayers for rain showers where you live.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear. That is too close. I would not go to sleep until they are under control. Please keep us posted. Although I guess if we don''t hear from you I will assume you were safe instead of sorry and evacuated. My thoughts will be with you.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matata.... I hope you guys got out ok...and are doing well!! Check in when you can.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes!! My aunt lives in Ashland... I should give her a call. it''s a great town. Wishing you well!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow that looks close. So scary. Dust your way..

If it weren''t so devastating I''d say that was an awesome shot though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results