shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Coffee?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's your favorite coffee? We usually drink coffee at home. I had a decaf latte, no sugar, at Starbuck's recently. It was magical!!

figaro

Rough_Rock
Sir Wilfred's Kona Peaberry- great flavor and very low acidity. Had it in Maui and hooked! Now we buy the beans online and make it at home!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like Trader Joe's organic coffee. I haven't had one I didn't like. We try to only use organic coffee because of the huge amount of pesticides used in coffee. Not sure if it eliminates all of the pesticides, (how can you really know?) but they also seem to be a little easier on the digestion as well.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Currently I've been rotating between San Francisco Bay Coffee "Fog Chaser" and Peet's Coffee "Major Dickason's Blend" - both in whole bean - and I always keep a can of Café Bustelo espresso ground coffee on hand.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I'm also San Francisco Bay Coffee fan. I love their Rain Forest Organic coffee, because it's shade grown, which means a rain forest wasn't knocked down to grow coffee. Coffee grows best in the shade, and those that aren't shade grown are frequently unhealthy plants which means they need more chemicals and pesticides.

Also, it's only $6 a pound (free shipping!) on Costco.com (when they haven't run out). It's a dark roast, but very smooth, not a burnt or harsh taste. If you like bolder coffee, just add a little more to the pot, and you will get STRONG stuff. :shock:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Cafe Bustelo and Starbucks for home brewing.

I really do enjoy Barnie's (small coffee chain where I live) all the time, Starbuck's (all the time) and Duncan Donuts (depending on the season).

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol I use whatever is on sale..I am not picky, I always use coffee creamer so it all taste like that anyway

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried the San Francisco Bay coffee from Costco and all of the coffee drinkers on my house hated it! We returned it. It was bitter. I did read in the reviews that it was kind of hit or miss and for us, we definitely got a "miss"batch.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to buy all my coffee at Trader Joes but a few years back, about 4-5 cans of various whole bean coffee over a 2-month period ended up tasting bad/rancid... since then, I've never bought coffee from Trader Joes. We buy the Fog Chaser coffee from Fresh & Easy, Peet's Coffee from Target, and Café Bustelo from Vons or wherever.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peet's Coffee "Major Dickason's Blend"

Was buying whole bean and grinding it myself, then it got to be too much of a pain.
So I buy in small half-pound batches every week now.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At home I like a Nespresso Rosabaya with frothy milk but a Costa skinny cappuccino usually also hits the spot! Don't think Costa is in the US, it's a UK Starbucks rival.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite is from whole foods. Allegro Coffee Organic Whole Foods blend. Delicious. Sweet and smoky and spicy at just the right strength. Not expensive.

https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/shop/ACO/1168/5077

We also get this coffee from Costco and grind the beans in our Vitamix. Works like a charm. I love this coffee too.
http://www.costco.com/Mayorga-Organic-Mocha-Java-Blend-Whole-Bean-Coffee-2-lb.-Bag-2-pack.product.11768248.html

iLander, I just ordered your recommendation from Costco.com. I will let you know what I think. For that price I just had to try it. Thanks for the rec!

NTave

Shiny_Rock
I don't like the Whole foods blend, It doesn't brew strong enough for me, but I drink mat coffee like a large espresso:) I like Green Mountain. Especially the coconut one. Yum.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trader Joe's french roast. I am drinking it right now with salted caramel chai mix and their vanilla creamer. It tastes better than the Starbucks version and it isn't $5 a cup!

April20

Ideal_Rock
My favorite at home coffee is Sbux Italian Roast. But pumpkin spice lattes are out and I've had two in the last week. Delish! It's the first Sbux I've had in months. It's super inconvenient to park at the one close to me and I like the local coffee shop better, so I almost never go anymore (and I worked for them on the corporate side for years!).

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marymm|1417197868|3791753 said:
Currently I've been rotating between San Francisco Bay Coffee "Fog Chaser" and Peet's Coffee "Major Dickason's Blend" - both in whole bean - and I always keep a can of Café Bustelo espresso ground coffee on hand.

I will watch out for that! I guess nothing stays the same....

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I forget what it;s called but I really love the coffee at Ikea

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
I used to splurge on Green Mountain until I did the math and figured out what it was costing a pound. Yikes!!
Between Central Market, Trader Joe's and Sprouts here in D/FW, you can get pretty much feed any coffee addiction. (I'm one of those weirdos who has to have decaf.)
And I've never had any luck with Costco coffee and I love, love, love Costco. Too bitter for me also.
The coffee maker just finished, what timing; I'm off to read the paper with some Maxwell House.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a big coffee drinker, but we have some family in the business, so any Intelligenstia coffee thrown our way is heaven!
the whole foods coffee is also good for the price.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A family member works at Colectivo Coffee (used to be called Alterra) and we get their beans by the pound and grind them at home. :)

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'm actually horrible about spending money on coffee. I never make it at home and only buy it out. Its my way of regulating how much I drink. I make a point of finding local coffee shops that brew their own.

Otherwise I go to Starbucks or use the Starbucks blond pods at work.

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Favorite coffee-based beverage: Mocha
Favorite coffee beans for mochas at home: Ritual Coffee's Sweet Tooth or Decaf Los Gigantes - smoothest, sweetest, and best espresso beans I've ever had
Favorite chocolates for mochas at home: Mix of Ginger Elizabeth's hot cocoa mix and Ghirardelli 60% chocolate chips, sometimes with ground Ibarra

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm an ordinary Joe! I like dunkin donuts coffee!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and I forgot, Tim Hortons is also good when I can get it!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results