shape
carat
color
clarity

Embarrassing (but funny later) moments....

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I'll bite. Mine is truly ridiculous. In the 5th grade I showed one of the boys in my class my bra-strap - all proud, cause OMG I needed a BRA! - and he was like, "Um....wtf?"

I still cringe thinking about that. We were just working on math and I suddenly was like, "LOOK!" I really, really hope he doesn't remember that. I see his mom often at Wal-Mart. Erg.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was walking home from high school wearing a skirt. Well... my backpack caught the skirt a bit and every time I took a step it lifted the back of my skirt up higher and higher. By the time I made it to my grandparent's house (about 1/2 mile from school) the back of my skirt was lifted all the way up to my back -- the front was fine though so I had NO clue.
My ex-bf's brother (who was dating my cousin) was standing outside my grandparents house. He took one look as I walked by and said "Um... Thanks for the free look but... you might want to pull your skirt down" :o

Looking back, I probably should have known something was wrong when the people on the school buses kept laughing as they drove by :sick: -- My grandparent's house is near the school and 1/2 or more of the school buses from the high school drove past me (full of my classmates) :-o

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Mine happened this Thanksgiving. After getting dressed in the morning I left my pajama bottoms on while I cooked. I had planned on changing my bottoms when company came and I was wearing an apron over my clothes. So everyone shows up and we are sitting down to eat when I took my apron off and there were my bright red flannel pj bottoms . I didn't even notice until my nephew said, "Nice pj's aunt Lacie!" in his loudest voice. I was so devastated. So now whenever I see my family they ask me to make sure I changed out of my pj's - ha ha very funny.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My grandma convinced me that the "correct" thing to wear for a Confirmation (Lutheran -- this is before I converted) was all white. Not JUST all white, but a long (floor length) white gown with white shoes.

The rest of my family warned me not to, but Grandma was convincing (plus the unintentional guilt thing -- she was dying of cancer) and she was paying so I wound up with a wedding gown. I am SOOooo glad I refused to let her put me in the veil too.

On the morning of my Confirmation, I showed up to the church in my white wedding gown and found the rest of my class wearing dark colored knee length skirts/dresses.

There is still a class picture hanging in the hall at church with all of them in cute dark dresses and me in my wedding gown.

You know.... this might not be as funny now if I still lived in that town and went to that church.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really didn't want to share this, but...
I had to start a brand new school in 8th grade. I was seated next to a REALLY cute guy, half way through class I had to bend over to get my calculator out of my backpack... and I passed gas, and he heard it :-o
He said "did you just fart!!??"
I said "NO" and got really red. Never lived it down, and still get red in the face when I think about it, but now I can at least laugh. Thank goodness I had to go to another new school the next year.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I already shared my top 2 on some other thread - here is no.3. Strangely it occurred at the same company.

I called a man to offer him an alternative holiday as his top destination pick was sold out. I had never heard of the area so I called out the name of the hotel and area (which was a little outside his preferred zone) and asked was he interested. He sounded like an affable older man and chuckled and asked me to repeat that to his wife. Nothing strange - me thinks, the women often made the final choices on joint holidays so I told here I had a great option just available in tits ville. And she roared laughing. I thought she was just being insulting so I asked was it unsuitable and she said no dear, it isn't pronounced tits-ville it is titusville.

:bigsmile:

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear. I don't have anything quite as funny as these already posted...

But once I wore a wrap around skirt to work and while driving home I untied the ties (big lunch) and completely forgot about it when I went to the gas station. I got out of the car and left my skirt on the seat. So there I stood pumping gas in my panyhose and high heals. You'd think I'd feel a breeze or something but it wasn't until I stopped moving around and was holding the gas pump did I realize I had no skirt!!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Mine happened on Monday! It's really icy here at the moment, so I was gingerly picking my way from my front door to my car. Finally got there without slipping, and was in the middle of silently congratulating myself when I heard the postman go "Hi Porridge!". I forgot all about the ice, whipped around to wave at the postman and promptly fell flat on my arse :oops: What can you do only laugh.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
friend show me a 2.07 ct E VS1 stone.i replied..."oh lucky wife". he replied...no,not for my wife,its for my mistress ... :o

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
These are awesome :lol:

There is no short way to tell this story: but I'm going to try: I was in youth circuses as a kid, I twirl poi (fire on chains, basically). We were supposed to be "the future of fire" and were dressed up in neon rave style clothes. I didn't own anything like that and had borrowed a tube top from a very skinny friend. I was skinny at the time too, but, um, busty. At one point, we're on stage, I'm twirling my poi with both hands above my head, and I realize my chain has gotten tangled with that of the girl in front of me. As I move my arms to try to yank the chain out, the yanking dislodges not my poi, but sadly, my tube top. And my hands are pretty much locked above my head. The very hot coach had to come over and pull the tube top up for me. Only a couple hundred people watching... :oops:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahaha I love these stories! I'll share 2.

When I was younger I worked in the laundry at the packing house here in town. One night I got off work, and we'd had an ice storm come thru, so the entire parking lot was a big sheet of slick. I was scuffing my feet along trying not to slip, hollering good byes and drive safely's to the guys that were outside on break (beautiful very calm winter night) and suddenly I was staring up at the sky and realized I was laying sprawled out spread eagle on the ground. I don't recall the take off, flight, or landing, but I knew it had to look pretty damn funny, I wasn't hurt or anything, so I just laid there and laughed. The guys outside were frantic, thinking I was hurt and crying, so they were trying to practically crawl across the parking lot to me. By then I was crying, but it was from laughter, picturing myself WHOOPS feet flying out from under me. Never said I was graceful.

I got a box of hair color, strawberry blonde, and the picture that it *said* it would turn blonde hair is exactly what I wanted. Mom put the color in and when we washed it out, I noticed the water was like..blood red. This was at night, and I had to work the next morning at 5:30, so there would be no fixing it at a salon beforehand of course. Mom said, oh don't worry, go to bed and it will look ok in the morning. Um..so I go to bed, and get up and look in the mirror and have bright bozo, tending towards neon, orange hair. First I wanted to cry. Then I thought, whatever, I'm fricken cool anyway, so who cares? (I was like..20 I think) So, I pulled it back in a ponytail and went to work. At the laundry at the packing house. A lot of :shock: and a lot of :???: from the exiting workers. One of whom was my daddy. Yes, my daddy, loving thoughtful daddy who came in, handed me his uniform, raised his eyebrows and promptly walked right back into the plant and announced on the intercom to the 200 or so workers currently in the plant that his daughter out in the laundry shack had a crazy new hairdo. Made for an interesting shift. The little hairs that come out along your forehead? My skin underneath them reflected the orange back and glowed. I called a friend who had gone thru cosmetology school and she told me to stop after work and buy Dawn dish soap and wash my hair w/it several times. I did and then it was a really pretty auburn color.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
So we're all sitting around eating a family dinner, and there's peas.

My DD says "What's IN peas, anyway?"

I say "I'm not sure there's much IN them . . . just full of pea-ness I guess".

It took me a good 30 seconds to figure out why they were laughing. :lol:

Another family dinner, and remember, I am VERY thrifty with food. I made up a batch of mac-n-cheese from a box and served it. I haven't sat down yet, but I notice everyone is eating but strangely quiet. . . I'm chattering along and about 10 minutes later I sit down and take a bite of the mac n cheese. And spit it out iMMEDIATELY, it is so NASTY.

"What the heck is wrong with the mac n cheese?" I say. "And why are you all STILL eating it? Bleah!"

DH "Well, we thought it was a new recipe".

Took us a while, but we finally figured out the box had expired 4 years earlier . . .

When I try out new recipes, I call it "experimental night". They thought it was experimental night . . . :lol:

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
These are too funny! I love the "pea-ness" one.

Here's mine.

I had been dating my husband for about 4 months when I accompanied him to a long weekend family reunion. It was the first time I met most of his family.

Everyone had been assigned something to bring to the event, and my husband had been asked to bring a variety of snacks. Well, I was standing with him, his mom, and one of his aunts, and we were reviewing who had brought what. I piped up with a big confident smile and said, "J is in charge of snacks."

His mom and his aunt looked at me in horror and my husband looked at me with shock and disbelief. So I sort shrugged my shoulders and said (a little more timidly), "What? J brought snacks."

The three of them seemed relieved, and his mom said, "Oh, I thought you said something ELSE."

Apparently I didn't enunciate and they all thought I said he was in charge of sex. Oops! Way to go new girlfriend!!

Suffice it to say, I was regularly asked at the next few family get-together whether J was still in charge of "snacks." :bigsmile:

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
packrat - I've had hair that color. I feel your pain.

Let's see. The most recent was last year, when I was setting up some equipment in our Lecture Hall in front of 90 people. I squat down to plug something in, and caught my pants on a nail. They ripped.

I was wearing leapord print underwear.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
My highschool had a very strict dress code. We had to wear a white dress shirt, blue sweater with school crest, and plaid skirt. Every element of the uniform had to be visible while we were on school property. Now where I grew up is super cold, so girls would wear knee socks, thermal shorts, jeans, and then put the skirt over everything. We were allowed to travel with jeans, but we had to take them off as soon as we got to our locker. One morning in my final year I was so tired that I forgot to put my skirt on over all of these layers of clothing. I got to school and was promptly cornered by the vice principal who informed me that I could either go home with suspension, or get my skirt asap. I was scared of getting suspended (I was trying to get in to a tough program) so I got really nervous and called my dad at work. He left work to bring me my skirt.

I thought everything was fine until I went with him to his company's family day a month later. Apparently he told everyone that he had to leave work to get me my skirt. They all assumed that I somehow got to school in my underwear. It makes sense I guess since the rules were pretty crazy. I was subjected to embarassing and borderline creepy comments for the entire day!

Now I can laugh at it, but I was pretty red at the time.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
geckodani|1292012764|2793535 said:
Let's see. The most recent was last year, when I was setting up some equipment in our Lecture Hall in front of 90 people. I squat down to plug something in, and caught my pants on a nail. They ripped.

SEXY! :bigsmile:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Hm. This one has never really been, y'know, *funny*. Still makes me cringe to think about actually.

We'd moved across the country when I was just at the beginning of 5th grade. Now, I was one of those girls who hit puberty way too early- so in 5th grade, I was 5' 2", and a B cup. So I stood out like a sore thumb, and of course we all know how well kids that age deal with people who don't fit in. That plus being a new kid and introverted? Kiss of death.

So anyway, I was sitting in class, wearing a white denim miniskirt. My period started and I had no idea. Got up to use the pencil sharpener, which was conveniently located in the front of the classroom, and you had to stand with your back to the class to use it. You can imagine what my skirt looked like, and I had no idea. Nobody told me until after class either- luckily I had a sweatshirt I could tie around my waist, but I still had a couple of miles to walk home- I can't remember if I had to skip out or if it was towards the end of the day anyway.

This wasn't like I was embarrased in front of a group of friends like it may be in some schools; no, this was giving ammo to a group of people that already hated me. I was so glad we moved again right at the end of that year.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
MonkeyPie|1292013889|2793557 said:
geckodani|1292012764|2793535 said:

SEXY! :bigsmile:

Why thank you. :naughty:

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
These are great!!

Here is mine. Def not as good as some of the others tho.

Back in high school (god, has it been 12 years????) I was on the field hockey team and my now DH was on the soccer team. We shared late night buses back to the school and then jumped on the bus to take us home with the rest of the kids that stayed after for various activities.

We had just played a game in the rain, and my shirt was soaked. I had a jacket on, but when we got on the bus with the rest of the kids it was way too hot. So here I am sitting next to the guy I have a crush on (now DH) and I take off my jacket. Totally not realizing that it looks like I completely sweated through my shirt and it was 100% see through. Everyone is not staring at me and a few rude comments went around. I was so embarassed I put my jacket back on and suffered through the heat. :oops:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh, God...LGK. *hugs* I was cringing just reading that story.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LGK|1292013896|2793558 said:
Hm. This one has never really been, y'know, *funny*. Still makes me cringe to think about actually.

We'd moved across the country when I was just at the beginning of 5th grade. Now, I was one of those girls who hit puberty way too early- so in 5th grade, I was 5' 2", and a B cup. So I stood out like a sore thumb, and of course we all know how well kids that age deal with people who don't fit in. That plus being a new kid and introverted? Kiss of death.

So anyway, I was sitting in class, wearing a white denim miniskirt. My period started and I had no idea. Got up to use the pencil sharpener, which was conveniently located in the front of the classroom, and you had to stand with your back to the class to use it. You can imagine what my skirt looked like, and I had no idea. Nobody told me until after class either- luckily I had a sweatshirt I could tie around my waist, but I still had a couple of miles to walk home- I can't remember if I had to skip out or if it was towards the end of the day anyway.

This wasn't like I was embarrased in front of a group of friends like it may be in some schools; no, this was giving ammo to a group of people that already hated me. I was so glad we moved again right at the end of that year.

So I wasn't going to share this story because it's also not really a funny later type of story, but when I heard yours I wanted you to know that I feel your pain with the developing early AND being a new girl part of your story. So 5th grade I was also already "busty", well our class went to outdoor lab, which is like a class camping trip where you learn about nature. Anyway, we're sitting around a campfire and everyone is staring at me, whispering, and giggling. I had no idea why until some guy yelled at me, "boobs mcgee" and starting laughing. Well I guess 5th graders think that 10 year olds can legally get breast implants??? I spent the whole week just wanting to go home and wishing that I could be making friends at a new school instead defending myself against breast implant rumors. At the time I didn't even now what that was! Kids really can be cruel :evil:

les12

Shiny_Rock
I've got a little one..

I was probably in 6th grade or so. In our math class we had to take turns reading answers to homework I think. My turn was coming up and my answer was something like "10 cubic inches" so a few boys sitting by me were joking with me to say "pubic inches" :roll:

It was almost my turn and in my head I'm thinking *don't say pubic, don't say pubic*...

It's my turn and I say "10 cubic hairs!" and the whole class starts giggling like crazy haha.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
swingirl|1291938233|2792635 said:
Oh dear. I don't have anything quite as funny as these already posted...

But once I wore a wrap around skirt to work and while driving home I untied the ties (big lunch) and completely forgot about it when I went to the gas station. I got out of the car and left my skirt on the seat. So there I stood pumping gas in my panyhose and high heals. You'd think I'd feel a breeze or something but it wasn't until I stopped moving around and was holding the gas pump did I realize I had no skirt!!

You're wrong swingirl, this IS as funny as the others! :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
les12|1292021044|2793697 said:
I've got a little one..

I was probably in 6th grade or so. In our math class we had to take turns reading answers to homework I think. My turn was coming up and my answer was something like "10 cubic inches" so a few boys sitting by me were joking with me to say "pubic inches" :roll:

It was almost my turn and in my head I'm thinking *don't say pubic, don't say pubic*...

It's my turn and I say "10 cubic hairs!" and the whole class starts giggling like crazy haha.

That's really cute!! :lol:

heb1976

Shiny_Rock
When I was in 7th grade I raised my hand to ask a question in health class and when my teacher called on me I said "Thanks Grandma".
Needless to say, everyone thought it was hilarious. :rodent:

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Today at my doctor's appointment, I leapt up onto the table for my checkup. The pregnant ladies know what the bella-band is but for those who don't, it holds your pants up lol. Anyways, I hadn't remembered to throw it on today because I was in a hurry to get out the door. Consequently...my pants fell down to the floor and my underwear got snagged somehow and went down with it. I ended up mooning the doctor. It was for a back pain appointment...sigh.

Also, the other night we were at Perkins and I felt some gas come on (once again...I blame being pregnant) and I thought I could get away with it being quiet but it managed to travel up my back and emitted the loudest fart I've ever had in a crowded restaurant. DH was REALLY embarrassed...I guess I wasn't because all I cared about was what kind of pie they had lol

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
roflamo you guys are killing me

I was 18 and dating my husband, we went to the beach with my sister and cousin, I get out of the water and strart drying off and didn't realize it but the plastic thingy on my bakini top in back broke and apparently my top had fallen on the ground I am standing there topless drying myself off. When I realized I jumped down and laid on the lounge chair and refused to leave the beach until everyone else was gone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results