shape
carat
color
clarity

Elizabeth Taylor: My Love Affair With Jewelry

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Elizabeth Taylor's jewelry store is open right around the corner from my office. I visit there quite often to say the very least (it's AMAZING), so I've gotten to know the workers there (big fan of befriending jewelry store workers). So anyway, I went to lunch with the office yesterday and dragged my boss in there with me so I could get a necklace sized. My boss asked to buy a copy of her coffee table book: My Love Affair With Jewelry for his mother in law. They said that they had to get a clean copy from their warehouse and that we pick it up today. Well, I went in to pick it up for him and SHE signed it for him today! I guess she's still pretty hands on with her jewelry design and she was at the warehouse and decided to sign it for him. Sooo cool! Poor thing's getting kinda shakey, but she's still an icon in my eyes.

Just wanted to share. :D

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Hey, cool, Athenaworth! Must have been fun. Also nice to know she's personally interested in her jewelry line. Sweet of her to sign the book. Seems like she's in a wheelchair a lot of the time, poor old gal. But she enjoys herself still, that's the point, isn't it?

--- Laurie

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Oh that is awesome! I love this book so much I have often thought of starting a thread on it. It's a must have!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would love to have one evening with her to pick her brain. Can you imagine the stories she could tell? I'd totally sign a confidentiality agreement!!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
SHE signed it? OMG! I love her. She's my favorite actress and my favorite "star"- she is IT. I've seen her book (I don't remember where- at Borders?) and I thought it was interesting she and I chose the same watch (if you look at the JLC watch in the book, it has the same face as a JLC MUT). I read that she has a spine problem and can't walk (and is in pain). Sigh.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is so very cool.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow.
How beyond cool!!!

Just last night I watched, "National Velvet" filmed when she was 12.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I've watched a lot of her movies, but she's made so many that there are a lot I haven't seen. My favorites so far (in this order) are Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? and Suddenly Last Summer. She's an incredible actress. I used to think she was so pretty she couldn't be a good actress. JOKE WAS ON ME.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh Suddenly, Last Summer was amazing. I remember when I watched that, I thought, "Jesus!! Ahead of it's time much?!"

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I knew she had jewelry stores. I didn't know if she still had them. I bet the stuff is nice. Thanks for your post!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
What an incredible treat!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
This is my favorite jewelry book!I received it as a Christmas gift when it first came out in stores .I read it so many times that the book feel apart and im on my second copy now.who has seen Liz Taylor in Elephant Walk ? She was stunning!One of the most gorgeous women of her time.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think I may need to buy one too. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and get a signed one too! I have Tiffany Pearls and Tiffany Colored Gemstones under my coffee table now. Liz' book would fit right in.

Oh, and if I go tomorrow to buy the book, I'll try to see if I can get away with snapping a few pics of the stuff in the window. To. Die. FOR!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How incredibly wonderful!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I hope you can get an autographed copy. If it were me I'd ask. Who am I kidding. I'd beg!

Please let us know if you are able to get any pictures. Thanks!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While your at it ask her for some big honking diamonds. :wink2:

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
ask her to throw in that little 33 carat diamond she wears on occasion if you buy a second copy.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
its time to go to bed and maybe read a good book for awhile.But what book to read??? :read:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
This book would probably make me stay up rather than go to sleep. I wish I had a signed copy. :cheeky:

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
How cool is that?

I also have that book and hands-down, its one of my faves!!! :appl:

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Imdanny|1293674971|2809490 said:
I've watched a lot of her movies, but she's made so many that there are a lot I haven't seen. My favorites so far (in this order) are Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? and Suddenly Last Summer. She's an incredible actress. I used to think she was so pretty she couldn't be a good actress. JOKE WAS ON ME.

Love her. My favorites are Giant, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, Butterfield 8, A Place in the Sun, and the list goes on.

athenaworth-that is awesome. Her book is sitting on my desk. :bigsmile:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
How fabulous was that!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I adore my copy, sadly unsigned. :bigsmile:

When my husband bought it for me he gave it to me and said, "now remember, its not a bloody catalogue, so don't go asking if you can have any of the jewellery!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love the skating rink of 33 carats of asscher. Oh and the ping pong ring. :bigsmile:

My moto is, if it was big enough for Liz, it is big enough for me. :praise:

A girl can dream, right? :devil:

Ps I think she was at her most beautiful in " Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." Smokin!!!! Hottt!!!! Lady!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
How nice to get a signed copy of the book. You inspired me to dig out my copy and read it again last night. What awesome jewelry and what a special lady.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
and Imdanny , you are right! i went to bed and read the WHOLE book again...read and re-read sections over and over for almost 2 hours!makes me wonder what jewelry she has that isn't shown in the book!I think she needs to come out with volume #2....and name it...more of my jewelry for you two love!that ruby ring that Richard B. gave her for Christmas is mind boggling!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably a dumb question but that never stopped me before . . . does she own everything in the book?

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Good question Kenny!! I wondered that too.

I remember when she called her EC a "skating rink" just love that!
And yeah, I spent many a Sunday evenings watching National Velvet (revealing my age here!!)
She is truly a Hollywood star. I'd love a signed copy of her book. I wonder if there is a way to ask
for one?

check out YouTube. Elizabeth Taylor & Richard Burton THE DIAMOND RING . OMG that ring is HUGE, no kidding, HUGE
and there is also a quickie tour her Beverly HIlls jewelry store listed as well.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
So who do we need to contact to get them to publish a new edition of this book? It is out of print, which means copies are selling for insane amounts of money. I think it would be GREAT to have a new edition, maybe with newer pictures, dedicated to her!

maria_am

Rough_Rock
Hello all. I dreamed to read this book. Elizabeth Taylor is my idol but i doesn't have an opportunity to purchase it because I live at remote place village in Russia ((( and even with the autograph. I dare not even dream about it ...if someone has the ability to scan or photograph from a book to read and send me I'll be very grateful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results