shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust For My Sick Kitty, Please.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I got some really sad news today, my 16 year old kitty is really sick. The vet isn't giving up, but he's not optimistic. I'm just crying that I'm over here, and she's in a vet clinic with no one she knows with her. I just wish I was there to comfort her and maybe say good-bye. ;(

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Andelain, I am so sorry - that sounds very upsetting. I will send kitty lots of positive thoughts, and you as well, for that matter. Would give you a hug if I could ....

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is never easy.
did your vet say what the problem is?
sending lots of kitty love dust.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1391281293|3605837 said:
it is never easy.
did your vet say what the problem is?
sending lots of kitty love dust.

Pneumonia and renal failure.

Thank you both.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oh man, that's awful. Thinking of your kitty and sending dust your way.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1391280488|3605828 said:
I got some really sad news today, my 16 year old kitty is really sick. The vet isn't giving up, but he's not optimistic. I'm just crying that I'm over here, and she's in a vet clinic with no one she knows with her. I just wish I was there to comfort her and maybe say good-bye. ;(

Andelain - I'm so very sorry that your kitty is so ill, and that you're not able to be with her right now. Dust and hugs to you both.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Sending dust to both you and your kitty. I'm so sorry. It's bad enough when your pet is sick, but I know it must feel awful to not be able to be with her.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Much dust and love and hugs to your kitty and you. {{{HUG KITTY}}}. I woud be so sad if anything happened to my kitty who is about 16 too.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
siamese3|1391285623|3605874 said:
Sending dust to both you and your kitty. I'm so sorry. It's bad enough when your pet is sick, but I know it must feel awful to not be able to be with her.

That's the worst part, being afraid she'll die scared and wondering where I am. ;(

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I have no words..but I'm sure she has felt so loved throughout her life being your kitty.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear your kitty is sick. Being so far away can't be easy for you :((

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
siamese3|1391286120|3605881 said:
I have no words..but I'm sure she has felt so loved throughout her life being your kitty.

She's spoiled rotten. Even when I was gone months at a time she'd see me and walk right up into my arms purring. She liked to sleep across my neck when I was home.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry Andelain. I believe in human/animal communication. If you can find a quiet spot to meditate and send her love, she will feel it and send it back and you will feel it too. Hugs to you both.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
will your vet allow you to visit and/or spend a lot of time there with her?
our vet has allowed me to spend time in the ICU and did set aside a room for me in the evening in which I curled up on the floor with one or another of the cats...with a blanket, of course.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1391287276|3605896 said:
will your vet allow you to visit and/or spend a lot of time there with her?
our vet has allowed me to spend time in the ICU and did set aside a room for me in the evening in which I curled up on the floor with one or another of the cats...with a blanket, of course.

He would if I was in the same country, but I'm in Afghanistan.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
opps, sort of slipped my mind.....
is there something of yours here in the states that a friend and/or relative could take to your dear kitty to comfort her?
I really am sorry you cannot be there for her.
but you have given her a wonderful loving life and have obligations to fulfill.
you and kitty will be in my thoughts.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Aw, Andelain...I'm so sorry to hear that your kitty is sick. :(sad I will definitely keep her (and you) in my thoughts and prayers. What's her name? Can you post a pic?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1391285968|3605878 said:
siamese3|1391285623|3605874 said:

That's the worst part, being afraid she'll die scared and wondering where I am. ;(

I'm crying for you both. I know her illness is very difficult for you on many levels, but especially on this level.

And what MZ said - is there some way someone close to you can visit with your kitty - and maybe bring an article of clothing or blanket or something that would remind her of her home and of you?

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Dust for your kitty!

My kitty is epileptic and he has episodes where the meds can't keep it under control. Whenever he is at the vet overnight the techs really go all out to make sure he feels safe and comfortable. I'm sure the wonderful people at the vet clinic are giving your kitty lots of love.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear this and I'm sending you and your kitty dust and prayers.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
That is so difficult! ;(

This might seem like a silly question/suggestion, but is there anyway you could facetime with your kitty via the vet? I am thinking she would at least recognize your voice and perhaps be a bit comforted.

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
As someone else who has a 16 year old kitty with health issues I empathise with what you must be feeling and I am sending good thoughts and big hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Andelain, I am so sorry about your sick kitty and I am sending bucket loads of PS dust her way and healing vibes for her recovery. And big(((hugs))) your way too. I like hlmr's suggestion of using Skype or something for face time with your kitty. That might be very soothing for her.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of healthy kitty dust and big hugs headed your way!

If you don't have anyone able to take a shirt of yours in to the vet, can you ship one there for her? I'm sure she'd enjoy snuggling up with something of yours even if you can't be there in person.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Oh this is so sad, your poor kitty. Just when you've had so many hard times. Hugs to you and your sweet kitty.
I love the ideas of FaceTime or someone bringing her something of yours to snuggle.

I was away from home when my best friend cat died, it was bloody hard. I still miss him. :blackeye:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry honey. Lots of dust for good health.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Andelain, I am so sorry; you seem to have absolutely more than your fair share of hardship in the last few years. :(sad I will keep you and your kitty in my prayers - what is her name?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results