shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust for my husband please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone, I am asking for dust for my husband as he has a "meet and greet" related to a possible new job this morning. He found out in July that he no longer had a job as of Dec. 30th due to his depatment''s work being outsource to India. It was a real blow as he had worked in IT for many many years and lost hsi job due to a reorg in 2001 and the industry took a downturn and he wasn''t able to get another job that was as good until he got the one in 2008 that he just lost. He even went so far as to work at Safeway for minimum wage. It was hard financially but we stuck together through everything and are even stronger.

He deserves this chance so please think good thoughts and sprinkle all kinds of dust this morning!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lots of dust and hoping that he gets this job!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I feel for your husband, I really do, almost half of our internet company is outsourced to india. We''ll all be out of jobs by april or sooner, lots of dust and good thoughts comin your way
1.gif
~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Thank-you so much Maisie, MC and SmurfyImproved, I appreciate all the good thoughts and well wishes!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Hope it works out, I know how hard that can be from personal experience!

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much Bella!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
*Dust! Dust! Dust!*

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
***Lots of job dust*** I hope the meet and greet goes well.

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Thank-you so much Pink Asscher, Tyty and Porridge (when I was a kid we had porridge for breakfast eery morning!).

The meet and greet went well so now the wait happens for the interview and then the offer (I am thinking positive!). He really desreves this opportunity, he''s a warm, caring ,incredibly smart and wonderful guy. It has been a tough time. His dad was diagnised with tumours on his lung, kidney and liver in September so is busily taking care of his mum and dad too. It would be nice to be able to relax about the job thing (my job is only temporary ''til mid June but things are looking up to make that permanent).

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Beat of luck regarding the job.

Regarding the outsourcing: http://www.doleta.gov/tradeact/petitions.cfm http://jobs.utah.gov/ui/jobseeker/tradeact.asp

In PA, a trade act petition gets each outsourced employee $26k in TAA retraining money, and also TRA extended unemployment benefits for up to two years while he or she retrains provided certain criteria are met and the training is full time for a demand occupation. People have switched to medical or teaching or whatever. It's not just for blue collar and manufacturing.

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Hi HVVS, he did get a good severance and I have suggested that he start his MBA as he doesn''t have academic credentials but years and years of management experience. Here in Canada it doesn''t seem to me that we have had as many people lose their jobs to Inida as in the US so there are no provincial or federal requirements to retrain those who have lost their jobs, except I guess that people who go on what we call EI (employment insurance) may be retrained in certain circumstances. DH doesn''t qualify for EI yet as he has to go through his severance pay prior to applying.

Thanks fo rthe support!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results