shape
carat
color
clarity

Dubai? Hawaii?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I are thinking about taking an 8-day trip in late June/ early July for my 30th, and because we weren''t able to take but a 5-day honeymoon due to work obligations.

We''ve never been to Hawaii, so that''s definitely an option; but lately I''ve also been thinking about Dubai. I know it will be hotter than blazes at that time of year, but it also seems there are massive hotel discounts -- and honestly, since all we really care to do is swim, snorkel and nap, I think that could be fine.

Actually, in pricing it out, there''s a direct flight from the DC area that''s not but $350 more than the quotes I''ve been getting for a (2-stop) flight to Maui or Kauai (the two places we''d like to stay in Hawaii).

I would love to hear your thoughts about Dubai - particularly with regard to hotels. I think the One and Only Royal Mirage would be my number 1 choice, but also am looking at the new Atlantis at the Palm there ... which I think just opened, and is still undergoing some construction. It also seems a bit behemoth and super family-friendly (which I''m not typically against, but if this would be an "extended honeymoon" ...)

Like I said, we''re more interested in relaxation, but it seems there would be cool desert excursions in Dubai as well.

DH is a British citizen and I''m American, if that matters (I don''t think it does, but you never know)

Thanks!

35.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whenever I think about Dubai I always think it looks really busy there. Hawaii makes me think relaxation. Never been to either places though so just ignore me lol!

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 1:53:12 PM
Author: risingsun
What about this hotel:
http://www.burj-al-arab.com/
If only! I think we could have a fab dinner there, but I''m not sure we could afford what it would cost to stay there 8 nights!

Maisie, I hear you on the relaxation bit...

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i saw a thing on tv about dubai and have wanted to go ever since. hawaii is nice (not that i know from experience) but i would got to dubai. you know what you get with hawaii and it seems like everyone is going there. dubai is someting different. i bet when your friends look at the pictures (us too) they will be blown away if you go to dubai. the stuff i saw on the program was incredible. you can ski there any time of the year. alot of other things too!!! oooh i am so excited that someone i *know* is considering going.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
i don''t think you can go wrong with either destination.
2.gif
hawaii is great and so relaxing! haven''t been to dubai so can''t say much about it but i''d like to go someday.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m gonna go with Hawaii here if you want relaxing. Dubai seems very busy...not the place I''d choose for a super relaxing vacation.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lived in Dubai fro 18 years, so I know a lot about the city. I dont know much about hotels since I stay with my father when I visit :)
June is a GOD AWFUL time to visit. Keep in mind the temperature outside is 50 degrees celsius. You cant go out swimming in the heat....trust me, I''ve tried (my father''s building has an outdoor pool). All activities will begin once the sun is setting, i.e., past 5pm.

I would much rather choose Hawaii over Dubai.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 10:27:11 AM
Author: kama_s
I lived in Dubai fro 18 years, so I know a lot about the city. I dont know much about hotels since I stay with my father when I visit :)
June is a GOD AWFUL time to visit. Keep in mind the temperature outside is 50 degrees celsius. You cant go out swimming in the heat....trust me, I''ve tried (my father''s building has an outdoor pool). All activities will begin once the sun is setting, i.e., past 5pm.

I would much rather choose Hawaii over Dubai.
Thanks for weighing in!

Have any of you been to Morocco or Tunisia? I figure we could combine history with beach in both places, although it might not fit in with my ambitions to be lazy. Hmm. How about Madeira?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results