shape
carat
color
clarity

Dominos and Dead Bodies in PA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Stiffs And Slices In PA

I am grossed out to think that a dead body and pizza could be delivered by the same person in the same car.
14.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Ick!! That is so nasty!! Betcha they''re going to be really busy after that hit the papers! Not!

My friend once dated a Mortician, and we hassled her so badly, which was mean and immature and I am ashamed
7.gif
...but the jokes were still hilarious!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
EWWW!! I live outside Philly and never heard this story. Yuck!!
32.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone else think that there ought to be a rule about transporting both in the same vehicle…that the items were “loose” in the same area where the pizzas were just seems gross!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
There''s gotta be a rule - I mean, if you can get cited for having cockroaches in your restaurant kitchen, you can''t have a dead body in the vehicle where you deliver food! Isn''t that a biohazard of some sort?!?!?!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm....

How many of you have worked in a fast food resturant when production pressures are on....

Sometimes ignorance is bliss....

At least the pizza was in boxes - and note that they were not back in the area with the streacher (must have been a station wagon or full sized van).

Perry

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
23.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I admit, thats pretty gross, but if i were that guy, i would be pissed at The Smoking Gun for how much info they posted about me in that police report like my address... date of birth... the VIN to my car... insurance carrier and policy number!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2006 6:46:06 PM
Author: perry
Hmmm....

How many of you have worked in a fast food resturant when production pressures are on....

Sometimes ignorance is bliss....

At least the pizza was in boxes - and note that they were not back in the area with the streacher (must have been a station wagon or full sized van).

Perry
No the pizza was with the other stuff....

1ddbp.JPG

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6.gif
maybe he was delivering "Tombstone Pizza" not Dominos.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2006 9:13:46 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
6.gif
maybe he was delivering ''Tombstone Pizza'' not Dominos.
OMG, good one DF. That cracked me up!!!
3.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2006 9:13:46 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
6.gif
maybe he was delivering ''Tombstone Pizza'' not Dominos.
Oh that was good...

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Matatora; I missed that.

However, let me ask this.

What is really different here from the person using the car that the baby's diaper "leaked" on the car seat (not to mention when the kids are of the age to "play" with things) or other interesting things that can happen in a car...

I'm just glad that the pizza is in a box, and the box is in an insulated jacket - keeps it from all kinds of stuff...

They way that pizza delivery companies keep their cost down - and get your business - is almost always by hiring younger kids who use the family car (or perhaps thier car) to deliver the pizza: at least to the point where they have an accident and the insurance company then tells them that while, as a courtesy they will cover that incident, that they do not cover "business" use of the vehicle and will not cover another accident - thus ending the kids employment as a deliery person (one of the reasons I actually have a personal business use rider on my auto insurance to cover my "side" business).

I once looked into a job like this - and concluded that I would never make enough $ for a reasonable wage and cover wear and tear on the vehicle (not to mention gas).

This past winter I stopped and helped an elderly gentleman who was delivering industrial parts (Just in time delevery service) with his own vehicle and figured out that based on what he was being paid per mile that he was in fact being paid either nothing for vehicle gas, wear and tear, - or was being paid nothing per hour (and the rate being paid was significantly less than the federal tax rate for vehicle use). He and a series of his freinds worked for this delivery service - and he was putting over 30,000 miles per year on his personal vehicle. The breakdown to his vehicle appeared major - and I wondered how he would be able to pay for repairs.

A few cities (and perhaps states) have passed regulations requiring the pizza places to own their own delivery vehicles. Delivered pizza'a in those areas cost more than eleswhere - but at least all Pizza companies have to meet the same rule (and the companies suddenly tend to pay attention to the driving records of the delivery people).

Perry

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if he made all his ''deliveries'' in 30 minutes or less?
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results