Post by decodelighted » December 1st, 2008, 12:44 pm
Would your husbands know all of your various clothing/shoe sizes? Just curious how others feel about this .... as my DH, after four/five years of NOT knowing, has all of a sudden started asking & won''t take BUZZ OFF for an answer! I probably wouldn''t be so sensitive about it except that I''m, um, curvy ... & take a plus size in some clothing articles. And, that its very difficult to buy clothes for me because I''m different sizes on the top & bottom & dresses that fit my bum might swim on my top half etc. etc. Its not as if I''ve gained weight since we met & the "new" size is a big shocker ... its that he''s never known, never asked, never been a "clothing gift" person and its WEIRDING ME OUT. He''s a big guy himself & I know all of his sizes & he''s not sensitive about me knowing or buying him stuff so he''s bewildered why I would be.

I think this all started because I''ve been griping about my lack of warm coat. Or, I guess I should say lack of warm CHIC coat because I do have a matronly cornflower blue Eddie Bauer puffer that I''d rather not be caught dead in & was only supposed to be used for shoveling snow etc ... and I also have a fancy shearling but its so heavy & damage prone that I resist wearing it. What I need is something light & water-resistant & warm. An everyday coat. I really hadn''t wanted to spend $$ on one because the cheap ones look cheap and the expensive ones seem wasteful -- but I have been guilty of complaining so I suppose he was considering ways to solve this problem as a x-mas gift rather than prying the $$ out of my thrifty paws as an agreed upon "need". So its probably NICE of him to want to know. Sigh.
** DISCLAIMER: Advice from decodelighted is for entertainment purposes only. decodelighted is not a licensed therapist, lawyer or medical professional. The role of decodelighted may be played by a revolving panel of wise a**ses and/or fluffy & delightful pets. Do not taunt decodelighted. Letters to decodelighted become property of decodelighted and may be plastered on billboards or mailed directly to offensive people mentioned in the content of the letter. Privacy can be assured only through appropriate cash or cake tithes to decodelighted. decodelighted is watching you. Copyright 2011, decodelighted. **