shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you wear RHRs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you like to wear RHRs on a daily basis, sometimes, or never?

I''m right-handed and can''t have any rings on that hand. They just bug me. Believe me, I''ve tried (always lookin'' for more reasons for bling!) but I just hate the feeling of anything there. It might be for the better though, since I like all the focus to be on the sparkles of my e-ring finger.
2.gif

So, are you a RHR person?
21.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
NO.
39.gif

I''m just starting to accept it! I have 2 right hand rings so far but after I buy them and the inital happiness wears off, they bug the crap out of me!! I don''t like having things on that hand. I am not a ''jewelry'' person really so at most I may have some dangly earrings on and my w-ring and e-ring and a diamond solitaire pendant. But the RHR just doesn''t work for me. Which is sad because there are so many styles out there I like. I guess if I could not EXPECT to wear it every day, more like 2ce a month, then it would be okay but I''d love to get something I want to wear all the time! I kind of wonder if a real ''ring ring'' would be more okay, not just an eternity band or a fun wide band but a 3 stone or something that is more like a traditional ring? I got used to my e-ring and w-ring, why not a RHR if I REALLY tried? But I don''t know...and because of that I am totally hesitant to spend any real amount of money on the project because if I didn''t wear it after spending $4k on it, I would feel really guilty and silly. So far my RHR purchases are just a few hundred bucks on eBay kinda things.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. I wear my asscher RHR most of the time and whn I''m not wearing that I wear my pink sapphire. But only when I''m out, at home I am ringless. Not a huge fan of wearing them 24/7. They drive me nuts!!
41.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I have an etoile inspired .25 tcw RHR. I love RHRs, but, only on the ring or maybe middle finger.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my pear solitaire on my RH if we are going out somewhere, but that isn''t often! With my lifestyle with the horses I am unable to wear it daily as I am always popping outside to see to them etc, so I would rather keep it safe than take it on and off, also due to the tip I could catch it on a rug or halter or horsehoe and that would be the end of that!
39.gif
With the larger diamonds I prefer the focus just to be on one.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
It depends on the design. The more elaborte the more uncomfortable. I usually take off all my jewelry when I get home anyway.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Yes! I have an eternity band, a three stone pear-shaped yellow sapphire center and pear diamond sides, an aquamarine in a vintage setting, and an OEC solitaire.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I am a RHR lady.
18.gif

I do take off my jewelry at night, but sometimes I am very tired and forget to take my jewelry.
38.gif

One time I forgot to take off one of my RHR''s and woke up with a lovely impression of my diamond and saph. ring on my cheek! I was mortified, and a lil'' sore that morning!
face20.gif

I don''t care to wear rings on my pinky, pointer finger or thumbs. Just the ring fingers and middle fingers, both hands are ok, as I am ambidextrous. Both hands and fingers are essentially the exact same size, and I can switch back and forth, which is always fun.
36.gif

I do take my rings off if I go swimming, hot tub, or doing something rough like yard work, or something crazy like gliding!
10.gif

Other than that, if anyone needs a RHR sitter, I will only charge for shipping and handling, no weekly or monthly rates need apply!
9.gif
11.gif
31.gif

Have a wonderful weekend!
35.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Always.
1.gif
When I''m home, I''m completely ringless, but when I leave the house, I put on my wedding set and a RHR. I choose my RHR from a few that I have depending on my mood and attire.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Yep, definitely and daily. I have 3 platinum RHRs that I adore... all 3 are "eternity" style bands... my diamond/sapphire "asscher" cut SP ring; my MB lace band, and another narrow band with 12 small diamonds -- kinda like the T&Co Etoile style only the diamonds aren't scattered, they are straight across.

I wear one RHR at a time... I am personally not a fan of multiple rings on the same hand at the same time, although I think it looks kinda cool on other people... just not MY "thang".

I think RHRs are deliciously FUN... Mara, you need to work on this, girlfriend!!!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Our e-rings and w-rings are rather "permanent"... it's on our RH that we get to play around with VARIETY!
31.gif
Come on... keep trying!
11.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Yes, when I go out I wear my stack rings on my right hand- a pink sapphire/ wg band, a antique looking bead set diamond band, and a pink sapphire shared rong band. They are all thin, and look great together...I get so many compliments on them!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
no for me too. Once in a while I''ll wear a RHR that was my grandmother''s, and then my mom''s, and she doesn''t wear white metals so she gave it to me. I hardly wear any other jewelry either. My studs or huggie earrings and my wedding band. that''s it. I always remind hubby how easy he has it, once I get my new e-ring I''ll be done
12.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2006 3:30:00 PM
Author: Lynn B

I wear one RHR at a time... I am personally not a fan of multiple rings on the same hand at the same time, although I think it looks kinda cool on other people... just not MY ''thang''.

I think RHRs are deliciously FUN... Mara, you need to work on this, girlfriend!!!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Our e-rings and w-rings are rather ''permanent''... it''s on our RH that we get to play around with VARIETY!
31.gif
Come on... keep trying!
11.gif
I agree, I think only one RHR at a time, unless the rings were to be stacked on the same finger ... and it all melds together.
9.gif

Mara, I could set up a workshop / support group for those of you who have RHR fears or think it''s an abomination! We could start out with some Margarita''s, Martini''s, or what ever else one would like ... and then pass around a tray of Leon Mege, Mark Morrel, Harry Whinston just to name a few ... have yummy desserts in-between ... all to happen on an exotic island locale of your choice! I wonder who will be the first to sign up?
28.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey KD,
here''s a whole thread dedicated to the rhr''s at ps

link

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2006 3:30:00 PM
Author: Lynn B
Yep, definitely and daily. I have 3 platinum RHRs that I adore... all 3 are ''eternity'' style bands... my diamond/sapphire ''asscher'' cut SP ring; my MB lace band, and another narrow band with 12 small diamonds -- kinda like the T&Co Etoile style only the diamonds aren''t scattered, they are straight across.

I wear one RHR at a time... I am personally not a fan of multiple rings on the same hand at the same time, although I think it looks kinda cool on other people... just not MY ''thang''.

2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Our e-rings and w-rings are rather ''permanent''... it''s on our RH that we get to play around with VARIETY!
31.gif
Come on... keep trying!
11.gif
I think a hand pic is in order......
20.gif
30.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
I am a RHR girl and most days when I am not running late, I put mine on. I dont wear my wedding set to work, only a plain 6mm white gold band, so its nice to have some bling on during the workday.

I wear my original e-ring setting, which is an antique 3 stone basket setting in plat, now set with a london blue topaz in the center instead of a diamond. I promised DH i would wear it if we changed the wedding set.

i dont wear jewelery around the house either, only for going out, so mostly everything is worn on a limited basis anyway.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Like some of you I don''t wear my rings at home, but I do wear a right hand ring when I go anywhere. I have an emerald and diamond cocktail ring, a ruby and princess cut diamond channel set ring, and an Australian black opal ring in yellow gold that I don''t wear so much now. Mostly I wear a Claude Thibbadeau platinum ring with the diamond from my old wedding set these days.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Always a RHR--and try to "match" the (stone) color with what I am wearing......
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Everyday that I leave the house, I wear a RHR. Usually I pick something with bling, but I also have a variety of silver rings that I wear. I have one or two rings, that I don''t wear that often, that fit my middle finger, but otherwise I wear them on my right hand ring finger. I will stack on one finger, but only one finger at a time on a hand! I really think it detracts from the rings if it looks too busy. I also take all my jewellery off when I get home.

I wish you well,

Bridget

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2006 4:56:39 PM
Author: sevens one

I think a hand pic is in order......
20.gif
30.gif

OK Nan!
1.gif
As soon as DD gets back from Japan (3 more weeks!) I will take some. (She took my camera with her!)

I promise!
2.gif

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
I''m gonna say - not yet.
The pick in my avatar isn''t actually in my hands yet, but when it is, it will be a RHR
i wear my wedding band on my left hand, and occasionally a ruby eternity band, but nothing else.
I''m going the old-fashioned route!! I wear my engagement ring on my right hand now, and will continue to do so now that it''s been upgraded to a diamond.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
I wasn''t much of a RHR person until I received my mother''s ring. I have a couple of eternity bands that never did look right by themselves. As they are different sizes, they couldn''t be stacked and they just looked awkward. My mother''s ring doesn''t come off very often. It is significant enough in carat size and width that it balances my 3 stone ring. It is really comfortable and I love looking down at the two pave panther heads and the ruby/pink sapphire eyes. They remind me of my two boys.

I can''t wait to see your new ring from Leon, it''s going to be amazing.

koko

Shiny_Rock
Oh, yes, I wear my wedding rings and one rhr whenever I''m out. For rt. hand I alternate between my orig. wedding set (small yg. rb w/baguettes), or my yg. sapphire baguettes & tiny round diamonds ring, or my newest 1.8c. princess cut aquamarine in wg. with cz. baguettes.....I normally don''t ever mix white and yellow gold, except for my rhr. Then I just go with "whatever!"
21.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I usually wear a right hand ring.

Sometimes it''s one of my grandmothers'' diamonds. Sometimes I wear one of my grandmothers'' diamonds on my left hand with my wedding ring and one of my many other rings on the right--these days, usually my 18th-century lovebirds painted on ivory under glass, which my husband gave me as a (late) engagement ring. But sometimes it''s a Victorian opal ring, or a platinum and pearl ring, or a Victorian moonstone in rose gold, or my tsavorite, or a red garnet, or a gold and hematite ring, or my hilariously hideous enormous color-change synthetic sapphire, or, well, any of about a million others, mostly antique ebay bargains or flea market finds or sentimental heirlooms.

The only thing I never do is wear both diamond rings at the same time. That''s too much for me.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
No RHR here, I''m lucky if I put my necklace on in the morning. The only jewelry I wear daily basis is my e-ring. I used to always wear my watch but even with that I''m becoming lackadaisy with.

I don''t know if I''ll even remember to put earrings on on my wedding day.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love your new avatar Bridget!!!!

I don''t have a RHR at the moment, but I do want one. The thing of it is - it would have to be a band or something pretty low because I wear gloves a lot. Sometimes I can get away with wearing one glove, so the pear ering is okay since I''m left handed - but the right hand gets the glove more often than not! So I would probably wear a band...

miyabi_na

Rough_Rock
I don''t mind rings on my right hand....as long as it doesn''t impede my writing or typing (if they''re large bulky-banded rings I usually wear them on my left...smaller slim-banded rings work great on my right)...it''s no problem.
face1.gif

Now I don''t like to wear watches or bracelets on my right if I''m working because it gets in the way when my wrists are leaning on my workdesk to type and write...
face10.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
As a leftie, I can tell you righties that you get used to having rings on your dominant hand. Or at least, I never gave myself a choice!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my wedding ring on my left hand and my three stone radiant ring on my right. I only own 2 diamond rings and I wear them both, everyday.
9.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Wearing rings at home generally drives me nuts. But when I go out I almost always wear a rhr on the ring finger. I usually alternate between a blue topaz and diamond ring, a yellow gold intaglio, a sterling intaglio, or a cloissone ring. I am STILL trying to decide if I want to buy a five stone diamond ring from Whiteflash for my right hand or if I''d rather have another ring with some sort of colored stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results