shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you like your drivers licence photo?

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I just got back from renewing my drivers license picture. Worst picture ever! The guy taking them would not let anyone smile and if they did smile, he would retake it. I just googled when I got home and I don't live in one of the states where not smiling is a requirement. In fact my license from 8 years ago had a nice smile. In my sons license he is smiling. But mine looks like a mug shot. And my state lets your renew online after 4 years so I'm stuck with it for 8 years. Blech.

Who else hates their drivers license pic?

And just for fun, is the weight on your drivers license accurate? And if off, by how much? I have gained weight since my last license and the person in the line asked for changes and kind of winked when he said no weight changes right? Got me thinking that the EXPECT you to lie about your weight??!! I actually gave my correct weight and he seemed surprised I updated it.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Who hates their drivers licence picture?

Mine is actually an amazing photo of me. Haha

How does that happen?!

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't love it, but it is better than the last one :rolleyes:

I had the other picture taken when I got my license just after 16th b-day. Looked horrible. Sort of terrified sort of stunned...

That said, I try to just not look at it :bigsmile:

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock

Niel|1401214256|3681045 said:

How does that happen?!

My one I had to turn into was amazing too! I felt so sad trading it in. I'm not vain but I just hate this new license!! On the bright side, I could win a "worst license" picture contest!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The place where I renew mine lets me look at the picture and decide if I want to keep it or retake it. I've done up to 3 retakes and have been happy with my licence for many years.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

H.A.T.E. it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

I think I maybe have liked...one? maybe? I hate it when they click the picture, look, and then go "ok, just one second, let's redo that". and won't let me see it to know if my "eyes are closed" like they say or if it's just my :rodent: face.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I had to get mine renewed 9 days before I had my daughter! I knew about the no smiling thing so that was no big deal, I just made a really fierce face. It's kind of hilarious. The BMV employees and I had a good laugh over what number I should use for my weight. I shaved a good 10 lbs. off my usual number so I'm actually really happy with my license. Ha! :lol:

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock

monarch64|1401214835|3681059 said:
I had to get mine renewed 9 days before I had my daughter! I knew about the no smiling thing so that was no big deal, I just made a really fierce face. It's kind of hilarious. The BMV employees and I had a good laugh over what number I should use for my weight. I shaved a good 10 lbs. off my usual number so I'm actually really happy with my license. Ha! :lol:

How funny! My face was always very swollen and puffy at the end of my pregnancies so if that was when I had to renew it would barely look like the way I normally do.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

JD sat out in the hallway yelling "She's lying! She's not five one even on her tiptoes! Don't believe her!"

I had to do a renewal during both my pregnancies...and sadly those pictures were better than most of my other ones. Bah.

They let you smile for your conceal carry permit...so I'm totally cheesing out.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

asscherisme|1401214936|3681062 said:

How funny! My face was always very swollen and puffy at the end of my pregnancies so if that was when I had to renew it would barely look like the way I normally do.

You know, the shot is so close up that you kind of can't tell whether it's the photo or my face is fat! I had it done pretty early in the morning at least so I wasn't as puffy as I could have been. I bet people who work there just laugh all day over giving people crappy pictures of themselves. I totally would. :bigsmile: :naughty:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm indifferent to my driver's license photo. It is not the cutest or the worst pic....it looks like me, but darker. Due to weird lighting or photo-processing, I look quite a bit tanner than my usual pale self. As for the weight, it is technically not a "lie", I have a 10lb range, and what is stated on my license is the "lower limit" of this range :cheeky: whereas my actual weight is hovering on the higher limit of my range the past couple of years :lol:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
My driving licence photo is more than ten years old. It was meant to be updated at ten years but they didn't request it. I have to do it later this year. I don't look anything like myself! I think I look rather angry.

Check out the eyebrow piercing! I was cool once! :lol:

maisie.png

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

packrat|1401215124|3681065 said:

JD sat out in the hallway yelling "She's lying! She's not five one even on her tiptoes! Don't believe her!"

I had to do a renewal during both my pregnancies...and sadly those pictures were better than most of my other ones. Bah.

Ha! Omg I would've smacked him. And I've never seen a concealed carry permit. Does it just look like a license? I'm imagining like this giant scroll or something elaborate and it's probably the exact opposite.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes.

But that's because - perfectionist that I am :bigsmile: - after I got my license in the mail complained about the picture (I thought the clerk was passive aggressive and actually on purpose pressed the click at an off time so I looked awful) - and they allowed me to come back and retake it.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

asscherisme|1401214434|3681048 said:
Niel|1401214256|3681045 said:

How does that happen?!

My one I had to turn into was amazing too! I felt so sad trading it in. I'm not vain but I just hate this new license!! On the bright side, I could win a "worst license" picture contest!

Yeah I actually just renewed mine and I did it over the internet for EXACTLY this reason.

What was nice though is my first attempt was atrocious! But the lady let me retake it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always sit down and SMILE before they take the picture - who wants a photo looking like a criminal? They may not like it but I don't care - at least mine doesn't look like a fugitive - lol!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

monarch64|1401218554|3681110 said:
packrat|1401215124|3681065 said:

Ha! Omg I would've smacked him. And I've never seen a concealed carry permit. Does it just look like a license? I'm imagining like this giant scroll or something elaborate and it's probably the exact opposite.

It's the same size as a drivers license but doesn't have all the elaborate G14 Classified anti-counterfeiting things that a DL has. Same identifying personal things tho, and says permit to carry. And you can keep your glasses on for the pic, you can smile and it's just sitting at the sherrif's department behind the counter, not in front of a solid backdrop.

He'd *really* go apeshit if I told him last time I was a the office they measured me at like 5'2" w/NO shoes on.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate it. My face looks like a plate.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I don't hate my DL picture. It's better than the picture when I was 16.

I don't know if my weight is accurate. I haven't weighed myself for a while. My jeans still fit.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
OH GAWD NO! I hope I don't really look like that! We don't have weight on our licenses here, whew.

Maisie, your picture is pretty!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
My photo right now? I've had better, I've had worse. We don't have weights on them in Texas, but height and eye color are on there.
I build obituaries a few times a week at work and you wouldn't believe how often we get a license photo with the obit. Really?!? This is the only photo you can come up with of your loved one? I hope they come back to haunt you. Just leave the photo out.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no feelings about my DLP.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I do! Someone who was carding me once said I look like a supermodel in my pic, so :D

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mine is ok. My face looks fat because I was pregnant, but it could have been way worse. My weight was accurate to what I was at the beginning of that pregnancy and I was back at it about 3 months after delivery.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Just renewed mine yesterday. It's horrible :(sad I might try to get a retake.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL not at all. I mean it's not terrible but it's not the best picture I ever took. Though I am not photogenic so I don't have high expectations for photos in general. Now my dh OTOH seriously looks like a model in his driver's license and passport photo. He rarely takes a bad pic unlike me so I guess we balance each other out haha. :bigsmile:

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Actually like mine, but that's because I went to the hair salon right before the appointment and when she knew that was my next errand she did my makeup!! Lol

DH told each of our kids to cry for theirs cause if they ever got pulled over that's what the police officer better see!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results