Do you like Eggnogs?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If yes...any secret recipes?

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love eggnog. Best recipe is from Martha Stewart- a lot of work -including whipping egg whites, but it is the real deal. However, I found that premium brands are the best -here in Chicagoland it is Oberweiss. Yum!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lambskin|1418524576|3800814 said:
Love eggnog. Best recipe is from Martha Stewart- a lot of work -including whipping egg whites, but it is the real deal. However, I found that premium brands are the best -here in Chicagoland it is Oberweiss. Yum!
What I meant was eggnog bought from the grocery store... :bigsmile:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
No! Its vile. Like rancid cream infused with envelope glue.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Best non-dairy eggnog: So Delicious Dairy Free Nog.
It's so good!

so_delicious_beverage_qt_nog.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

NTave

Shiny_Rock
My kids love it. We keep it on hand thanksgiving through New Year, I probably purchase 2 containers for the season. Sprinkled with cinnamon. I don't drink it because its high in calories.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Costco has one called Pennsylvania Dutch.
it is "thinner" in consistency and has real cream as well as two hard liquors in it already....no need to spike it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1418531989|3800836 said:

+1, thank you! I was almost afraid to post :cheeky:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1418577908|3800977 said:

+1, thank you! I was almost afraid to post :cheeky:

+2 - I'm with you ladies!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never tried homemade eggnog. I'm extremely picky about store bought. There is ONE brand that I like, but it isn't available where I live. We used to have a friend 2 hours away who would bring us some. I haven't had any eggnog at all this year. When I do, I always dilute it with milk. Yes, I like eggnog. It has to be very heavy (no lite versions!) and creamy. Kawartha is the brand I like. No help to anyone here unless you live near that dairy.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love eggnog, however, never tried making it at home, mainly because I would drink it all in no time!

DK :))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm actually surprised that you know what that tastes like. Is there someone somewhere who infuses rancid cream (does it even become rancid? I know if it gets old it can curdle or develop mold on top) with envelope glue?

Deb
:saint:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Eggnog is one of my favourite winter/Christmas drinks - depending on who makes it. My LMIL introduced me to hers and it was 'love at first sip' and then a colleague made some - utter bliss until I had a second glass and then :confused:

Why can't I walk?????

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right, that's it, I am going to make myself a rather large Snow Ball, one of my favourite cocktails, especially this time of the year.

DK :bigsmile:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
lyra|1418582469|3801018 said:
I've never tried homemade eggnog. I'm extremely picky about store bought. There is ONE brand that I like, but it isn't available where I live. We used to have a friend 2 hours away who would bring us some. I haven't had any eggnog at all this year. When I do, I always dilute it with milk. Yes, I like eggnog. It has to be very heavy (no lite versions!) and creamy. Kawartha is the brand I like. No help to anyone here unless you live near that dairy.

Actually I should try this...Kawartha Lakes in Ontario? Their ice cream is the best. Maybe I won't hate their eggnog.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1418586270|3801049 said:

I'm actually surprised that you know what that tastes like. Is there someone somewhere who infuses rancid cream (does it even become rancid? I know if it gets old it can curdle or develop mold on top) with envelope glue?

Deb

Haha so I don't know exactly what curdled cream tastes like. I have licked a lot of envelopes. To me eggnog has a strange sour chemically taste.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
missy|1418559135|3800882 said:
Can you believe I have never even tasted eggnog. The ingredients just don't appeal to me but I bet it tastes good. Just cannot get over what's in it if that makes sense. Now egg cream, that's a drink I can get behind. :lickout:

http://airshipdaily.com/blog/brooklyns-finest-the-eight-best-egg-creams-in-new-york-city

I'm will MIssy! I have also never had eggnog but I have zero interest to try. I should mention that I'm not much of a milk drinker either so really will probably never try it.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just buy the storebought but I agree the homemade kind is lighter, more superior.

both improved by a little "addition" Hubby bought both J & B (brandy) and also meyers rum and we will do a "taste off".

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
I love to drink Silk Nog cold. It's a sweet, tasty soy nog.

silknog.jpg

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
Ugh, I hate egg nog! Even egg nog flavored lattes gross me out. I stick to gingerbread flavored things around the Christmas season.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE eggnog, but don't have it often because it is so high in calories! I think I will try soy/coconut eggnog this year if I can find it. Or perhaps I will make it myself. Literally my favourite thing about xmas!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I am not a big fan of store bought eggnog.

I do enjoy some of my friends' homemade eggnog.

I always look forward to the Puerto Rican version of eggnog: :love: coquito :love:
I was first introduced to coquito by my best friend almost 20 years ago.
Coquito is a treat!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love eggnog, but cannot have more than a few sips or I risk getting a headache (from the eggs, not from the possibly spiked eggnog).

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I *want* to like eggnog (not sure why) but usually find one sip is about all I can manage. Probably for the best considering the calorie count. Although, I am interested in trying the So Delicious version.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1418698361|3801904 said:
I love eggnog, but cannot have more than a few sips or I risk getting a headache (from the eggs, not from the possibly spiked eggnog).
Do it on Dec. 18th.. :wink2:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
CRYSTAL24K|1418687453|3801780 said:
I am not a big fan of store bought eggnog.

I do enjoy some of my friends' homemade eggnog.

I always look forward to the Puerto Rican version of eggnog: :love: coquito :love:
I was first introduced to coquito by my best friend almost 20 years ago.
Coquito is a treat!

interesting. the best I ever had was in Trinidad.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love eggnog, at least all the regular store versions. I have no idea if I would like soy or healthy store versions. And I assume I would like most homemade versions. Yes, I have made my own eggnog from a recipe. Since I love coconut and have a fear of making things with raw eggs nowadays (I used to love to make chocolate mousse with raw eggs), my recipe called for cooked eggs and coconut. I did not love it as much as I had hoped I would, so I don't think it is worth sharing here. If I were to make another recipe, I'd probably look for rave reviews from other recipe users.

Deb/AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results