shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you feel a need to match diamond cuts?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I have RBC students am getting an OEC pendant/ring--its my one and only OEC piece. I'm not usually a particular person, but its bothering me that the cuts won't be similar (even though they are not being set together in the same piece). Am I the only one?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No, though I think for me it's less the matchy-matchy thing (though ... I was eyeballing Armywife's studs so hard but I didn't want to replace my smaller ones, too, because of sentiment), and more just that once I start to REALLY LOVE some particular thing, I love it so hard that eventually I have Batman's closet.

My wardrobe? Largely Michael Stars shirts and Tracy M button downs and Hudson Jeans for the casual-wear, and an awful lot of 50s/inspired pieces for best. My shoes? Used to be almost all Via Spiga, and are now almost all Fluevog. And my jewelry ... I don't know who to blame, but someone or something made me fall hard for old cuts, and specifically, old french cuts. And suddenly those are the eternities I wear, and the watch I love, and I'm even looking at one for a center-stone ... yeah.

So! Maybe wear pearls when you wear the pendant for mind-cleanness, and we-all will keep an eye out if you stud-wise decide you want to turn fully to the OEC side of the Force?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont' wear more than one diamond at a time but if I did I'd not pay any attention to the matchy matchy thing.

Nothing in our house matches, except that I love it all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not at all. While I don't like matching per se I do like when things complement each other so I'm OK with an OEC ER and MRB earrings but it has to look right to me if that makes any sense and that is something I can't put into words unfortunately. It just feels right together or it doesn't.

What matters is that I love each piece of jewelry I wear and that's how I make my purchases. I don't really think about what it will go with.

Looking forward to seeing your OEC Indylady!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I am in the minority on this, but I do like to keep my jewelry suite with all old or all modern cut. For me, it is all old cut. When it comes rounds and cushions, they are all old cut.I wouldn't be opposed to throwing in a modern step cut to my collection, as the majority of them do not vary significantly in appearance based on age. But that is just MY preference for MY jewelry collection. What really matters, is that YOU enjoy your jewelry. If you want to enjoy all different cuts, go for it-I am sure you will love them all!!!

Circe-I feel quite honored you were eyeing my earrings, you have such an amazing collection. :)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
No. I consider myself to be fairly match-matchy, but even I wouldn't feel the need to match diamond cuts (and to be honest, it's not something that has never even occurred to me).

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think matched diamond cuts look nice, but I don't feel the need to have the cuts of pieces I'm wearing match. I also don't consider cuts I already have when shopping for new pieces.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow--this thread is so interesting! I've never been especially picky or interested in matching my jewelry wardrobe, so it shocked me that I was having this inner conflict when deciding how to set my new OEC. It was, and is still, driving me crazy that my daily studs are RBCs. Maybe it just means I need OEC studs too? :Up_to_something:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IndyLady|1382387777|3541844 said:
Wow--this thread is so interesting! I've never been especially picky or interested in matching my jewelry wardrobe, so it shocked me that I was having this inner conflict when deciding how to set my new OEC. It was, and is still, driving me crazy that my daily studs are RBCs. Maybe it just means I need OEC studs too? :Up_to_something:

Oh, definitely! I think everyone should have OEC studs! :love: :appl: :cheeky:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally do not like to wear matching set of jewellery as I consider it as too safe and lacking in imagination, and prefer the mix and match approach instead.

Much as I love ECs and other step cuts, I don't like them for anything else except in rings.

I have RB earrings, a puffed paved heart as a pendant, and I would like a bezel set RB tennis bracelet eventually.

Nothing in the jewellery box (including the pearls) matches, and that's how I like it.

DK :))

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
missy|1382388313|3541850 said:

I've already found one .25 carat OEC that I have my eye on--now I just need to find another!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IndyLady|1382413722|3542070 said:
missy|1382388313|3541850 said:

I've already found one .25 carat OEC that I have my eye on--now I just need to find another!

Ooh, very exciting! I will keep a lookout for you Indy! I love OEC's. :love:

universaldiamond

Rough_Rock
IndyLady|1382139734|3540373 said:
I have RBC students am getting an OEC pendant/ring--its my one and only OEC piece. I'm not usually a particular person, but its bothering me that the cuts won't be similar (even though they are not being set together in the same piece). Am I the only one?

Hi Buddy,

Diamond jewellery is looking so gorgeous, & also makes a good looking to someone. I usually proffered Diamond Jewellery in any occasion or party.

Thanks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results