shape
carat
color
clarity

Desperate to find my promise ring!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all :wavey:

I've seen, a few times around here, different folks getting help finding jewelry that they've lost. So I'm putting out a thread in hopes someone can help me out!

I recently got engaged (out of town while we were on a trip) and of course the minute he proposed, I took off my promise ring and put it in my purse (poor decision). A few weeks after the proposal, I looked in my purse to find the ring so I could put it away in a proper place, and it wasn't there. ;( I think the last time I saw it was the day he proposed. I know my purse can tip over a lot and I'm worried it's gone forever...

It isn't an expensive ring, but it holds a lot of sentimental value. My fiance isn't too upset that I seem to have lost it, but I feel really crappy about it.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you checked the lining of your purse for holes? There's always a chance the ring could've worked itself into a usually undetectable hole and be situated in between lining and exterior.

I don't have any abilities, so can't help you there, but certainly hope you find it. Expensive or not, it always sucks to lose a tangible piece of our history.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestion! I looked again - but didn't find it :blackeye:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Just bumping in hopes that someone can help.

Anyone?

Bueller? :))

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you checked in any tissues, loose papers, brushes or whatever else you had in there? It could have gotten stuck inside something out of clear view.

You might also try calling the place you stayed and anywhere you ate in hopes that someone found it and returned it.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Car? Down between the seats. Or skittered across the passenger seat and now is, say, between the seat frame and car door. Or it fell out of the front seats and is on the floor of the back seat.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Not in the suitcase. :(sad And I haven't called the resort - I will do that!

TC, good suggestions re: the car. It's been -20 for a few days so I haven't wanted to dig around out there in my garage, but the weather is warming this weekend and I'm going to give it a go. I wanna clean my car out so this will be a good opportunity to find it. Will update. Thanks everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results