shape
carat
color
clarity

Costume question for PSers w/ kiddos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Tomorrow is going to be DH''s first time passing out candy for Halloween (he''s not American, and so he never celebrated Halloween as a kid). He was Waldo, as in "Where''s Waldo?", for a Halloween party we went to this weekend, and wants to dress up for tomorrow too (such a cutie
2.gif
) but we''re not sure if kids today will "get" his costume. So the question is... do kids today know who/where "Waldo" is?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hard to say. My kids have a big Where''s Waldo book, and know it, but not everyone might...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
mine know waldo - but realy, they''re just going to appreciate the costume and it won''t matter :)

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
My 7 and 10 year old kids would know and so would their friends. My 2 and 4 year old kids would have no clue. I can see why it would be an interesting ritual to give out candy to costumed kids that come to the door!

I am going to miss most of the handing out because we will be out trick or treating with out kids. I guess I''ll get the early birds and the stragglers.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 2-4 year olds wouldn''t know, but they would love seeing him dressed up.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
My kids have heard of Waldo, but I''m not sure they would recognize someone in costume as Waldo. I think kids tend to be aware of more obvious choices. Some of them might think he''s Mario (from the Mario Brothers games) but I doubt it. I would suggest using makeup (stuff you already have or the cheap face painting kind at the drugstore) and creating a costume from home. Frankenstein, or for the little kids, a big dog or something like that.

Just a suggestion -- I have a 5 year old and a 9 year old, both boys.

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info y''all. I think he probably will wear the costume just for the heck of it.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results